Tests with no answers

Lucia

Love my little man!
Reaction score
I just received the results of my bloodwork after my FS ordered recurrent m/c tests. I got no answers at all and as weird as it is, I am very disappointed. I just wanted an answer and a way to fix things. I still am waiting on one test to come back but it takes 3-4 months so we will probably start ttc again before then.

Has anyone here experienced this? I feel like I am nuts for wanting something to be wrong. I'm obsessing over it and wondering if they missed anything. I know for a fact that my FS didn't test for MTHFR but checked homocysteine instead. Could it be that I've had just horrible luck? I find it hard to believe...

I'm sorry that you don't have any answers. You can have normal homocystine while having MTHFR. I do and I am homo for the 677. My OB/GYN consulted a perinatoligist who said that I still may need a baby aspirin. After two losses they put me on it now, and said if I get pregnant I will need to take it through the pregnancy. I don't know if that helps on not, but def something to ask them about.

Is the MTHFR test a separate test? I'm unclear as to how they test for it.

I am thinking of asking for it when I go back to the FS in 3 or 4 months. In the meantime, if I get pg before then, I will probably take aspirin and see what happens...at this point, I am hoping for a miracle. She prescribed me progesterone as well to take when I get a bfp.

They took my blood and sent it off and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I asked for it after my first miscarriage as I found my aunt has a mutation. Good luck!

Wow, which test takes that long to get back?
I am so sorry and I know your pain, all my results came back normal too, after 3 miscarriages. Then DH had his sperm tested and they came back with a abnormal/low morphology but then we had another m/c in December.

Normally low morphology means you can't GET pregnant, so our story makes no medical sense.

I would love it if every one of us got a packet with reason for what happened and how to fix it for next time.

So sorry for your losses, and hope that you get some answers soon. Has your OH been tested?

Wow, which test takes that long to get back?
I am so sorry and I know your pain, all my results came back normal too, after 3 miscarriages. Then DH had his sperm tested and they came back with a abnormal/low morphology but then we had another m/c in December.

Normally low morphology means you can't GET pregnant, so our story makes no medical sense.

I would love it if every one of us got a packet with reason for what happened and how to fix it for next time.

So sorry for your losses, and hope that you get some answers soon. Has your OH been tested?

It's a karotyping test that takes that long to come back. The most frustrating part is that I provided a sample in November and the lab tech taking my blood either labelled it wrong or didn't take the blood at all because the lab doing the testing never received it! So...I now have to wait 2months more than planned.

DH was tested too. He had karotyping (they actually got his sample) and a few other things as well as SA. Like your DH, the morphology was off a little. I think his was something like 2% and our FS said she likes to see 4% but that it was still normal. I also had a Day 3 FSH of 9 which she said was a little high. Other than that, everything was normal.

I agree - wouldn't it be great if we could all find the answers we need and a definitive fix to it all? I just hate living with the uncertainty.

My first set taken in October came back normal except for one which wasn't ready. Oh's came back normal too. No slight abnormalities in either of us. Got second set of bloods taken end of November and still waiting on the results of them to come back. They said if all is normal, I'll just get a letter in the post stating that. Our post is really bad for the last 2/3 months so hopefully stuck somewhere in the postal service. We are just waiting for them to come back so we can start trying.

I understand how you're feeling.

I went to get my results wanting a problem and luckily I got one. I was over the moon. So I can understand your disappointment. I really hope they can find a problem for you :hugs:

My first set taken in October came back normal except for one which wasn't ready. Oh's came back normal too. No slight abnormalities in either of us. Got second set of bloods taken end of November and still waiting on the results of them to come back. They said if all is normal, I'll just get a letter in the post stating that. Our post is really bad for the last 2/3 months so hopefully stuck somewhere in the postal service. We are just waiting for them to come back so we can start trying.

That would be tough waiting for it in the mail...I hope you get good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->