Thank you ladies!

L

Lisa1302

I have decided to go back to cloth!

We used BG before but moved to sposies, and it isn't something I liked doing, so after talking with OH we think it isn't too late to go back seeing as she will be in nappies for at least another 18 months.

I sold my BG set, but I am not bothered because I didn't feel they suited her anyway, part of the reason I moved away from cloth I suppose.

So I am in the process of picking out some new 'sized' nappies, which of course includes some rather delightful WNs :thumbup:

I know its all personal choice but what 'sized' nappies would you choose now for a 1 year old (its the one size thing we didn't like too so not something I would pick again)? I prefer not to have a waterproof outer, I am liking the AI2 types (so far have picked 3 x AI2 WN, 2 x Night notions and 2 x NorthernLights)

Thank you ladies :flower:

I use a huge variety of different types - I am still trying to trial which ones work really well for us. Probably not much help cuz most of my ones are NZ made. Our favs are Issy Bears although they are one size. I would probably not recommend itti bitti for older/ larger bubs as they are really small fitting. They just fit when we first got it but wouldn't fit now I wouldn't think!
Welcome back to cloth! :flower:

Thank you!

I only wish I had been on bnb back when I picked out my first set when I was still PG - I naively thought I had a seen a good range at the baby show - but I neither knew what I was looking for nor what what was really out there!

My other question is random I know but on average for a normal wetter that never leaks in sposies - how many times can the outer be used and just change the insert? Izzy uses 6 sposies a day, only one is a poop. That was the other thing that annoyed me about BG pockets was that I had to wash the outer even if she had just done a little widdle - the idea of just a clean insert if the outer is dry seems great even! I think even if I could use the outer twice occasionally I would be pleased!

I don't own any AI2's, but I'm fairly sure you can take out the wet inserts and snap in some new ones and not have to change the outer. You should wait for some other more experienced cloth users as I only started in February so still a bit of a novice myself but I'm fairly sure I've read that about the AI2's somewhere..

You can! That's the idea of an AI2 I think. Close parent ones are good and so are sweet lights. With both of those you can just pop out the inside bit, and pop a new inner into the wrap.

Well I really like Flips but they're BTP so you might not. The insert just comes out and you can usually reuse the outer. I'm finding that now Leyla's eating solids even poo rarely gets on the outer. I also like the sized Muttaqin fitteds - they're very pretty and they work well. My favourite night nappy is from Puddlekins - they're quite pricey but they're beautiful, hold gallons and they have really nice finishing touches (like the stitching around the edge of ours is all wavy and pretty - I know it doesn't make any difference really but I like it!). Once I sell my kidneys, I'm going to try some of her fitteds and AI2s as well.

Reading your 2nd post...i was thinking 'Flips'!!!

U can re-use the cover and just change the insert...they're easy peasy

Reading your 2nd post...i was thinking 'Flips'!!!

U can re-use the cover and just change the insert...they're easy peasy

thanks, if only they did them sized they look ideal, and I know they would work being made by the BG people - just that I didn't like the one size V3 BG much at all.

I LOVE my V3s but hardly reach for my Flips...I dont think they are similar at all...even though both being made by BG!

You might not find the OS that difficult, the covers are so thin and flexible you hardly notice they are poppered at the front...and the poppers arent flimsy, they take quite a bit of effort to un-popper!

I LOVE my V3s but hardly reach for my Flips...I dont think they are similar at all...even though both being made by BG!

You might not find the OS that difficult, the covers are so thin and flexible you hardly notice they are poppered at the front...and the poppers arent flimsy, they take quite a bit of effort to un-popper!

I might get one to try then!

I much prefer the v3's over flips too! I just had a major leaky flip - not happy :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->