Thankful but worried.

Thankfullll

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice from whoever had been or is in similar circumstances.

I recently did a PT as I suspected that my Menstrual cycle was out of the ordinary and I just had a feeling that there was something different going on in my body.

I had a Positive ( I am ecstatic about it, I have always wanted a child I'm 26 and feel that it is time to settle down after being successful in my career).

This is my story...

At the beginning of January 2015 I met an amazing man I fell head over heels in the past I have had terrible luck in always finding men who were abusive and only thought of themselves.

We had been seeing each other since then. Now I had a months holidays planned and he had asked me if I wanted to spend time at his place over my holidays and he had said he hoped id spend heaps of time there. It was an amazing time we both really liked each other. He constantly complimented me and I had never felt this way about anyone. I told him I might be able to work closer to where he lives, I am currently almost 3 hours away, he was ex-static he spoke about our future together living together and it was all positive and how he would have children if he had his way in his previous relationship. We pretty much spoke about everything people would discuss when you have been in a long standing relationship. I honestly thought id found that special person.

Early Feb I was at his farm still enjoying my time with him when he had been given the news that his mother had passed away. He told me he was really devastated by the news i had asked him whether he would like me to go back to my place so he can have some time on his own but he said no he would like me to stay, he thanked me for being there for him through this time. He asked me to go to the funeral ( I had never had the opportunity to meet his mum). I had then gone back to my place as he had to attend to arrange the funeral with his sister. On the Sunday he called me I was so happy to hear from him as he had been out of signal on his mums farm.

But then he stated the next : "I don't think i am in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship, that it might have been different were we in the relationship together for longer" I was devastated I did not see this coming not from him He said when he is back to his old self then if I want then we can start seeing each other again. I told him I understood and that he should focus on his family. He said that he was really starting to feel bad that he wasn't giving the new relationship the time and attention it deserved because of what had happened. He said it wasn't fair on me.

I went to the funeral out of respect to him and I said to him that I would. He never told me not to go even when I asked would you like me not to go to the funeral after that phone call. He came up to me after the service and gave me a hug and thanked me for coming.

He was very close to his mother and I knew he was very upset.
I told him id wait for him.

We have been messaging every now and again since the funeral Monday but we haven't spoken on the phone nor do we text each other everyday. I feel like I need to give him his time to grieve.

Sorry this is so long winded but I thought better explain the full circumstances and what had happened.

I am currently visiting family in another state and took a PT its obviously positive.
I made an appointment to see my doctor when I get back to do another test.

I am lost I dont know what to do.
How would I tell him about this I dont think he needs this news now.

Should i tell him after the doctors visit

Hi, I haven't been in a situation like this but didn't want to read and run.

Firstly, sorry to hear your in this situation. However, by how you have explained it, it sounds like you and he had a great connection and was looking forward to a future together. I have lost my mum and it is a hard thing to go through. He sounds like he is struggling and grieving a lot. I would first allow him time to process the death of his mum.

Maybe wait until your first scan date arrives. Break the news a couple of weeks before so he has time to process, and then invite him to come to the scan with you. He may react either way to the news but I'm hoping things turn out well for you!

Lastly, congratulations and a happy and healthy 9 months to you. There are plenty of lovely ladies on here to talk to, if you ever need any support x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->