Thanks for all your help

lalalistic

Mum to Poppy
Reaction score
Hello

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone using this forum. It gave me the confidence to go for a home birth.

I am 37 weeks tomorrow and my birthing pool arrived today (la bassine). All the excellent posts have helped me with my birth plan.

I really hope I get my home birth and will post to let you know how I get on.

One quick question, I ordered my pool kit online and forget to check to see if kit came with thermometer. It doesnt, would the midwife likely have one or should I go out and buy one. If so anyone know where I can pick one up this weekend quite cheaply? thanks.

Yay for home water births!!! If you get a regular digi thermometer that you'd use to take your own or babies temp you can dip that in to get a good reading and use it for your first aid kit after :) boots etc always have them in x

Yay for your pool arriving! And double yay for going term tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :D

That is brilliant news!

Thermometers - you don't HAVE to have one at home, your MWs will have one for checking your temperature in labour. Like MM said you can always get one that is for a first aid kit.. and then it is handy for use on baby and your family for years after.

The temperature is only important at the point of birth. (and your MWs will check it before baby arrives) You want the water to be at body temperture for baby to go into. So you can have it warm to begin with and be cooling ready for birth - but your body is prob is also one of the best guides to the water temperature being close to body temperature. So when you are filling and about to get in... just have it at a temperature of your comfort level.
Most find that they don't want it really hot like a bath.. your muscles will be working lots in labour, and from my experience you can feel quite hot..!! Little bottles of water spray helped me feel cool - and lots to drink!
XxX

Thanks guys. I already have one of those thermometers. Hadn't thought of that. You are all so helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->