That's it!

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
3 nights in a row (and on 5 occasions overall) Toby's nappy has disintegrated overnight! :hissy:

He's always been in disposables overnight, at first it was because we only had 10 cloth nappies so nowhere near enough for the full 24 hours, and then even as we added to our stash it became convenient to just keep using disposables. He doesn't sleep through the night but unless he's gone to bed very early or unless i hear (or suspect) he has done a poo he doesn't usually get a nappy change during the night as he just ends up wide awake and very angry...so he's in the nappy for 10-12 hours ish.

Anyway we've been using asda's version of stay dry nappies and at first i thought they were ok, but they keep completely falling apart- and i mean, completely falling apart. Where you pull the tabs to fasten the nappy, overnight the tab has been coming disconnected from the back of the nappy, so still stuck fast at the front but a big gaping hole around his thigh and hips! :wacko: Not to mention the past couple of occasions all these yukky jelly crystals have come out of the nappy and been stuck all over him :(

Luckily he hasn't suffered with nappy rash as a result, just ended up with soggy jim jams and sleeping bag :dohh:

I don't think he's a particularly heavy wetter but he has just recently become a very wriggly sleeper and decided he likes to start the night on his back but spends most of it on his front (occasionally a brief stint on his side as well!) I am wondering if this is why the nappies suddenly can't cope?

In any case, we are now run out of disposable nappies anyway, not a single one in the house! So OH and i have decided now is the ideal time to try cloth at night with the aim of becoming 100% cloth nappy users only! Eep.

I know other people do it, so i know it can be done, but it seems daunting. I have read that others use BG V3's for a night nappy, which is great news as they make up most of our stash...just wondering though, how you configure them for night-time use (how many boosters etc).

Also are there any other night nappies you would recommend for a front-sleeping, quite wriggly baby boy? We'll need to increase our collection anyway so any pointers are welcome :thumbup:

Yuk, but yay for 100% cloth :happydance:

Leyla is a mega heavy wetter overnight so a BGV3 wouldn't work for us, but they do for lots of people. If you have any bamboo or hemp boosters, I'd be tempted to put one or two of those in the nappy at least for the first night. My policy is to use everything I have for the first night in a new nappy, then gradually reduce it. It might mean a giant bum for Leyla but it's less leaks! I'd also put the thickest layer of boosters/inserts in the areas that are normally wettest in the morning.

Aisling isn't a particularly heavy wetter and we use the BGv3 with both inserts at night, no boosters. First leak we had was last night after 4 months but we were having leaking issues generally yesterday so I'm putting it off as a one off :D She also sleeps on her front and is very wriggly.

Ellas house bumhuggers are fab! They need a wrap though. We dont need a booster but sometimes I pop a bamboo one in :)

I cant use BGV3s at all, I keep saying Theo is a light to medium wetter but he soaked through BGs in the daytime never mind at night. We use WNNN mostly followed by HL bedbugs and TB stretchies (sometimes EH bumhuggers) I prefer the WNNN as we get the best fit and if he has a very wet night they contain everything the best.

I use a very well boosted bamboo nappy with a pair of wool longies over the top instead of an ordinary wrap. Don't have any leaks!

we use pop ins with the night booster and no leaks and he wees tons, though he's not very wriggly during the night. wonder whether something with poppers might be good for you (rther than velcro?) like a flip organic with an extra booster?
we also use tb stretchies and put an extra booster in with a motherease wrap (rikki or airflow) which works great, slim and soft and secure as well. the nappy is always soaked by the morning but the wrap keeps it nicely contained.
k didnt like having massive-bum syndrome at first as his legs were up in the air :) but hes a bit bigger now and they all fit better.

pop ins with the night time booster are very good for night times :D

x

the thought of those chemical filled gel balls all over my little babys delicate bum bum makes me sick....:nope:

so yay for 24 fluff bum :happydance:

We use our V3's at nights and abi has gone 9 hs without a sniff of a leak! We just use both the main insert and the booster? No extra boost for us? and abs is quite a heavy wetter...

Its only trial and error though hun, cant be worse than chemical filled, disintegrating sposies!!!

I prefer dedicated night nappies, the type needing a wrap. We could all lend you various types to trial if your BG V3s don't work out - if you can cope with my girly fluff, that is!

Last night didn't go well :nope: Stuffed a BG with 3 (yep, 3!) inserts (i.e. the large one and 2 small ones) and we had a leak, out of one leg and up that side, not as soggy as when the 'sposies disintegrated but still soggy enough to create a pile of washing and a clammy bum :(

I chickened out tonight and put him in a disposable i found at the bottom of my changing bag :blush:

Oh dear. I don't think i can fit 4 inserts in, and even if i can...he'll be like a weeble with his legs up in the air surely?!

Think i have to investigate specific night nappies...

As said Id not risk a BGV3 at night, hed end up swimming in pee! I only use 2 parters at night and almost always wool covers and this really helps, when my wool has been dirty/lanolising and Ive used a PUL wrap the difference in how wet the nappy is is pretty big

I have a front sleeping fidget :lol: and the past few days we have been using BG flips with either 2 staydry inserts or 1 organinc and 1 staydry insert.

So far no leaks and even contains his morning poop :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->