The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Embovstar

Mummy to Isaac 23.04.10
Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

I thought this would be a nice way to appreciate any remaining days that we have with our crawling little ones, before they cause total mayhem by walking!!!

Isaac is 13 months old; he can super speed crawl, coast around the place and take 3/4 steps but he is yet to walk alone...

My Husband was 15 months before he walked so I'm thinking Isaac is following Daddy :flower: it's easier for me I guess lol

So, tell us a little about your littleones??

Nicola xx

Yep I have a non walker

She cruises and walks holding hands but still has no balance :dohh:

She was crawling backwards at about 8 months but actually crawled forward a week before her birthday

Ollie belongs here too (hes 21st april!) he can walk like a pro with his push a long walker and taking one hand but refuses when hes left alone...a think hes a bit lacking confidence xxx

Ollie belongs here too (hes 21st april!) he can walk like a pro with his push a long walker and taking one hand but refuses when hes left alone...a think hes a bit lacking confidence xxx

Yeah defo think it's confidence. Sometimes she doesn't even want to walk at all when we hold hands and just sits on the floor :dohh:

Evie has now figured out how to get from standing against the sofa into the crawling position

Ollie is 16 months and still not walking. He can walk perfectly with his push along walker and a hand or two, but has absolutely no confidence! He stands up alone a lot, but as soon as I put my arms out and say "come to mummy" he giggles and sits down!! :dohh:

Abigail is walking now but she was 16 months before she did it. It felt like she was never going to walk! I know people tell you not to worry but it was hard when all her friends had been walking for months. Now she loves to run around, although she is still not always 100% stable on her feet yet. It really is true what they say that they all get there in their own time.

Ben is 14 and a half months and still no walking!!!
He is a fab crawler and has been doing so since 7 months.
Pushing his walker, holding 1 hand and cruises like a pro.
He's taken a few unaided steps but nothing more.
Sometimes I think im lucky but then I wish he'd walk as I'm fed up of being asked 'is he walking?' clearly not as he's crawling away from you faster than I can run!

So sick of seeing friends and families kids all walking between 10-12 months. Kinda stunk that he couldn't even walk around for his first b-day party. Other kids had bounce houses!!

He was walking at 14 months though. They all take their time.

I know with our next one (hoping for a bfp this month, we need some dust our way :) ) we're not gonna sweat it!

Now at 22 months, we have to chase after him at times!

oohh I have two non walkers at 16 months!!!

Fynn is sooo nearly there he climbs like a pro, cruises and speeds along with the walker and just started stnading alone.

Sam awww bless him sat at 11 months, commando crawled at 13.5 months lol so I am expecting him to be at least 2. His dad was really late too and Sam is super frustrated this week though at not being able to move so fingers crossed we will get somewhere

Fynn doesnt worry me at all I do wish Sam was a little more mobile though although he has been checked checked and checked again!

Its good to know they all do it at their own time, Rhys is 1 on Monday and can crawl very well, walk with his walker and cruise along but wont stand on his own

I've got a non-walker here, at 14.5 months.
He pulls himself up all over the place, and cruises, but he just has absolutely no balance if we're not holding on to him.
I'm hoping he starts walking soon, but I know he'll get there when he's ready. It's actually kind of good he's not walking yet...as I've been laid up with a broken leg for the last 14 weeks! It'd be too hard to chase after him!!

Megan didnt walk or show any signs of starting at 1 year. Her first steps were at 14months & a few weeks later she refused to crawl anymore! It really happened that fast & was very out of the blue one day she just did it. Before 14mo she hadnt taken ANY steps on her own - only cruising furniture. She didnt stand up alone (without pulling up on something) until a week after she took steps.

Now she is running - and so quick I cant keep up with her. I miss the crawling days - though I know what you mean about everyone asking about her walking. She was a late crawler too though - and it drove me nuts when everyone assumed she was crawling when she wasn't.

She only just climbed the couch last week. LOL - I was VERY glad she was a late climber!!!

Errr...my LO is 17.5 months and still not walking unaided so you have plenty of time ladies :haha:

He stands on his own, has taken a few steps on his own, cruises like a pro and uses his walkers to no end but no amount of encouragement will make him do it!

I just think, he'll do it when he wants and am not worrying

xx

I have a walker now but she didn't start until 17 months 2 weeks, it was impossible not to worry, at least a little bit. But the advantage is that she didn't fall over much once she started unlike her friends who started earlier :) They really do all get there in their own time and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all now between her and her friends who started earlier xxx

She only just climbed the couch last week. LOL - I was VERY glad she was a late climber!!!

got the chance to take a nice vid of my son crawling from the couch into the highchair when he was just 18 months! Amazing what they'll just do one day!

and @ curlykate- Seems like your lo is waiting for you to heal up! gonna be some great physical therapy for you when she does get moving!

17 months and I have a sort of non walker! She can actually physically walk but never chooses too. I can't wait for the day she'll start walking eveywhere instead of crawling!

Tbh i can honestly say im not worried about Ollie maybe its because i can see he is making progress, i wished and wished for him to crawl and when he did i thought oh no lol.

I worry more that he doesnt speak lol xx

my monkey doesnt walk either, he can speed crawl and cruise sooo well but no on his own walking other than 4 steps :(

emmmm - Jacob is 20 months old this Friday and isn't walking yet! He has only just started pulling up to stand and cruise this last month! He has had to attend physio though as he had some sort of problem with his ankles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->