The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Nicola where did you get your reins?

Was thinking of getting a Little Life Backpack but looked in Boots at them and I'm not sure now

Hiya Miss_bump!

Snap...this is the one we have

https://www.littlelife.co.uk/html/toddler_daysacks/animal-turtle.html

Isaac likes playing with it, so am hoping that he'll have no probs when the time comes hehehehe - where abouts in Surrey are you??

Nicola xx

we had 2 teeny steps last night!! they were about 2 minutes apart!! Hopefully this is the start for us!!

Nicola I'm in Wallington near Croydon

Jellybean YAY :dance:

I have Emily at the DR today for her MMR and I brought up that she isn't walking yet plus I see that she rolls her one foot to the side when she walks with us holding her hand ( thinking that might be the reson she isn't walking yet) but he said that was normal and not to concern myself..he also said that " bum scutchers) walk later than crawlers.. but Emily was a crawler... :dohh:

I have Emily at the DR today for her MMR and I brought up that she isn't walking yet plus I see that she rolls her one foot to the side when she walks with us holding her hand ( thinking that might be the reson she isn't walking yet) but he said that was normal and not to concern myself..he also said that " bum scutchers) walk later than crawlers.. but Emily was a crawler... :dohh:

Thank you for this. Ben walks with his feet rolled in and it was really starting to worry me. So he's just a lazy monkey x

Yay for the 2 steps jellybean!

Thanks for the info from the docs :thumbup: Isaac's right foot curls inwards and the H/V said that he might "trip over it" when he starts walking but that they wouldn't refer him to a Physio until he is 2...I thought that was why he wasn't walking yet, but they assured me that ut wouldn't stop him..

I've just got a baby who would much rather be carried around by Mummy than walk on his own two perfect feet :cloud9:

Until he walks, he is still my little baby though hehehehe

Nicola xx

How are ll the LOs doing on the walking front?

I walked into the bedroom last night, to DH sat facing away from LO putting the TV on, and LO walking down the bed!! I only saw 2 steps, but it looked like there were more!! I think he's been sneakily practising in private lol!

:flower:

Well on Sat 18.06 Isaac stood up by himself and then took 12 steps...I managed to get another time when he did 9 (on the same day) on film!!.....but, since then, nowt!! He doesn't even stand by himself now lol!

He LOVES to walk with us holding our hands tho, so thats a good thing I guess :)

How is everyone else???

Nicola xx

:flower:

Well on Sat 18.06 Isaac stood up by himself and then took 12 steps...I managed to get another time when he did 9 (on the same day) on film!!.....but, since then, nowt!! He doesn't even stand by himself now lol!

He LOVES to walk with us holding our hands tho, so thats a good thing I guess :)

How is everyone else???

Nicola xx

can we see it?? I love wobbly toddlers walking, they're so cute!!

Ollie will walk all day with us holding his hands! Or with his walker, he cries when we have to go away from it, he walks with it up our path that goes out into the car park (5 minutes for him) and he always cries when we put him in his car seat!!

my lo still isnt walking or standing by him self hes just over 15 months he climbs and crusies on everything can climb up and down the stairs with no help but if you try to get him to walk with you he curls his feet and drops to the floor

the doctor said its cos hes big i cant wait for him to walk m back is killing me from carrying him everywhere lol x

Ollie took one step twice tonight then sat down lol must've tired him out xx

Well done ollie!

Evie is walking flat footed now with her push along walker instead of on tiptoes :)

Lol nothing since tbh i dont think he had a clue what he had done i wont be bragging about it yet!

Ah thats good it was always a worry of mine ollie would be a tip toe walker so well done Evie xx

She tip toed for AGES! Looked like a weird drunk puppet :haha:

She is more confident now and will wave while she walks too

I've heard of lots of toddler who once then walk still prefer to crawl for a while

no walking here at 17 months!!!!!!!!!! Fynn is sooo nearly there bless him - just more interested in climbing onto the wondow sill. Sam well lets just say I have written off the possibility I may have to carry him to school!!!

Mine is almost 13 months and not walking. I don't see it as an issue at all. MIL is super worried because OH didn't walk until 18 months and she keeps telling me that she was worried he had some form of disability (go figure, he is now a police officer and powerlifter, hardly physically handicapped in any way).

Kinda irks me...

Yeah, I'm not worried at all, jus reaallly impatient to see it! I am also fed up of people telling me that I'll be soo busy when he learns! Trust me, He can't possibly be more "everywhere" than he is now, he just crawls everywhere, into mud, into water, around the house, on and off the beds, on the sofa, over the sofa, into the kitchen, into the bathroom, everyfrickingwhere!!

No where near here either and 17 months old tomorrow!

As it's famously said here... They will do it in their own time! I hate that saying :haha:

The thing that bugs me is everyone (ok inlaws) saying can he walk yet all the time.. Ill bloody tell them when he can... I must admit i had a wobble over it the other day because my froends 10 month old started walking que wailing from me to dh about how im a rubbish mum and clearly am failing ollie.

Im hormonal just now dunno why tho (def not pg) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->