The **1+ and still not walking** thread

I have a walker. He did 4 steps on my birthday on Tuesday then nothing for a few days now today he is walking to and from furniture. Hopefully walking properly by xmas.

My DD is 13 months and isn't walking ... well she takes a few step here and there but we are moving along very slowly...

Think I can now say we have a walker! Xavier took he first steps at 13.5 months and we got literally two steps a day for weeks. But the last couple of weeks he has been upping it and can now easily do 30-40 steps in a row unaided. He's also choosing to walk around 60-70% of the time at home and crawl the rest (usually if he's sitting he can't be bothered to get up to walk, so he'll crawl).

Going to wait until into the new year to get him measured for shoes. For now he has crawling/cruising shoes from Mothercare which have an outside suitable sole but much more flexible than walkers. He wears those outside and has barefeet or just socks indoors.

My LO doesn't walk yet either. He has taken a few steps, a few times, but he doesn't do it very often! He first did it about 1 month ago (maybe longer) and he's done it about 5 or 6 times since then.

well done to all the lo's that are progressing with their walking :)

we're still not much closer although she has made progress in that she can now get to standing position from sitting down without holding onto anything, one day we might get some steps.....maybe :)

Can i join in:)

LO is 14mths in 9 days and is not bothering either;-)

I think i will enjoy it whilst it lasts though:) She already runs rings round me:)

Can i join in:)

LO is 14mths in 9 days and is not bothering either;-)

I think i will enjoy it whilst it lasts though:) She already runs rings round me:)

I know that feeling :) Although it would be nice for her to start trying I'm not too fussed least it will save me some money on proper shoes for a while:haha:

do you find that you LO is more advanced in other ways though like speech etc?

Hi, My little girl is 15 months old in 4 days time and still shows little inclanation towards walking. She can stand for ages and when I encourage her to walk towards me she kind of launches herself at me. I think she's still a bit scared. I was hoping she'd walk by xmas. Still 10 days, is it possible? Probably not. She has this thing where she shuffles about on her knees. Makes her look like a penguin. She does crawl and get up stairs but the penguin walk is her favourite method of movement!

Her brother was walking by 13 months but I'm sure her cousin didn't walk until 15 months. Girls are obviously lazy in my husband's side of the family!

Hehe although i should post in a new thread titled 2+ and not walking!

But at 25months 2weeks and 2 days my beautiful Sam FINALLY took his first independent steps! I am so proud and cry every time I see him - he is up to five steps less than 24 hours later!!!!!!

My little Zach WILL NOT walk. He could walk if he wanted to, his balance is great hes just nervous. Bit of a cuture shock as Madi was walking at 9 months 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->