The 8 hour diet

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi :flow:
Just heard of this and am a little confused by it.
Can anyone explain it to me?
Is anyone doing it? Does it really work? Is it healthy?
Thankyou :)

I have no idea sorry, but that really sounds like sleeping to me :rofl: :rofl:

Never heard of it but am completely certain it's a load of crap. Unless it includes liposuction of course. To lose even a pound in a day you'd have to run for three hours straight and eat nothing at all.

The way I understand it you eat all your meals within an 8 hour window so say you have breakfast at 10am you don't eat after 6pm. It's the same principle as intermittent fasting.

Can't tell you if it actually works though. I think you'd have to be quite an organised person to follow it I would fail miserably I often eat late.

Edited to add- you don't lose weight in 8 hours (unfortunately!)

Ooh that makes much more sense :dohh: Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could just be thin in 8 hours?! I so wish they'd invent calorie free food!

Calories in & Calories out. Doesn't matter WHEN you eat, just WHAT you eat

Calories in & Calories out. Doesn't matter WHEN you eat, just WHAT you eat

WSS ^^

Only way to lose weight is burn more calories than you eat.

There's a set amount of calories every person needs to remain the same weight. It's dependant on gender, age, weight, height and activity level. You can work it out online. Mine is just shy of 1800 a day and I'm actually overweight (though short and don't get much exercise!). The whole 2000 for women/2500 for men is a very vague guideline - if I ate 2000 calories a day I'd gain weight.

Doesn't matter what you eat - it's all about getting a calorie deficit. Low fat is mentioned a lot because energy (calories) from fat gets used quicker than other sources. So 200 calories of a low fat food will keep you fuller for longer than 200 of high fat. It still counts as 200 either way but as you'll get hungrier faster after the high fat it makes it harder to stay strict to your diet.

Agreed. In principil weightloss is simple eat less calories than what you burn off. In practice it can be hard work but its the only way you'll lose weight and actually keep it off!

We will be fasting 15 hrs without food or water for a month this Ramadan, some countries will be fasting for 17-18 hrs, so we only have 7-9 hrs to eat everyday. If it works all fasting Muslims should be skinny minis by the end of the month :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->