The almighty baby registry!

amberjoy

Reaction score
This gem is such a pain in the butt to me! I just feel so overwhelmed with all the checklists and what is the best to get. It's making me nuts lol I wish I could just give it to someone and have them build my registry for me..

But my real question here ladies is, I am registerd at babies r us and target so when doing that do I have to double up everything and register for the same things at both stores? or do I make a note in my invitations where my main items are located? or am I doing this all wrong? lol

First time mommy here so I need little help..

With my first baby, I registered at 3 stores, but I registered for different things at each. If you double up and register for the same thing at more than one store, you may get a lot of duplicate gifts (for things like bottles and diapers, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but for larger items you probably don't want duplicates).

Usually whoever is throwing your shower will note in the invitation where you are registered, and then the guest can look up your registry online or in the store. Some stores will provide small inserts that can be included in your shower invitations, as well.

One more thing: those store checklists drove me bonkers! I just asked friends with babies what they thought were essentials, and I read posts online from others who were registering, then chose my registry items that way. I hope this helps!

I registered at 2 places. I just told everyone personally because I have a small group of family/friends who I really associate myself with. If you're doing invites DEFINITELY list where you have your registries.

When I had my son, the necessities were:

body & sleepsuits
socks, hats, mittens

diapers, of course

boppy pillow
breast pads
nursing bra
ice pack & lanolin for nipples

and the medical kit.

that's really all you *NEED* for the first few weeks ;)

I've registered at Target, Babies R Us, and Buy Buy Baby, and I have a lot of the same items at each store. I want people to have a good selection wherever they go. However, I do keep track of it and remove an item from the other registries if I see that it's been bought so that I don't get duplicates. Of course, if you want to be surprised, that's not the way to go!

Ugh.. the registry.. I decided to get a head start on mine and started mine yesterday.

I would do the same items at each store (more or less, no necessarily duplicates of everything) so you are for sure to get at least one of everything since you don't know where your family or friends will go. You can always return things but I think you are more likely to get what you need if your friends/family have some options about which store they go to.

Also be sure to say where you're registered on your baby shower invitations. Then they can see what they want to get you.

I was registering at 2 stores, then decided on Amazon registry- totally simple and tons of selection!

When I registered while pregnant with my son, I did similar to you and registered to both Target and Babies 'R Us. I figured that way people would have options of where to shop. I thought about going all online (like Amazon) but I have a lot of older relatives who would have NO idea how to order from there!! LOL But I agree with others that said that you don't want to duplicate some items (bigger things) because then you might end up with 2 of something you don't need 2 of (though I'm sure it's returnable!). :) I did duplicate some things like bottles, diapers and breastfeeding essentials just because I knew you always need more of those types of things! :) And with my shower, most of what I got was clothes that wasn't even on my registry so I'm sure you'll have some of that too (I actually even ended up getting a car seat I didn't register for). So I'd just put things you know you want and/or need on your registry (those checklists can be confusing!) that way people with have an idea what to get you. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->