the alternate day diet

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/diet/433388/The-Alternate-Day-Diet---what-is-it--who-s-it-good-for-

thoughts?

It reminds me of the 2 4 6 8 diet but less extreme ! Basically tricking your metabolism into thinking its eating a full intake of food then the next day you cut it right down and the metabolism works just as hard to process it therefore apparently being more effective...!

Calorie cycling with a fancy name really isn't it? I used to do calorie cycling in that for my diet I'd have 1200 on a normal day and 1550 on a gym day and then one day 'off' a week. I find I lose weight a lot more consistently and effectively (as in 1-2lbs a week every week) if I calorie count Sun-Thurs and then trust myself to have a few extra treats Fri & Sat. Normally I have a bit of a binge on the Friday and feel so guilty that I stick to my rought calories on a Sat anyway. I find if I stick to my low calories every day, the scales don't move. Your body just gets used to the new level and then your only option is to up the exercise as you shouldn't go below 1200.

I think its not a good diet for you dizzy since you have overeating and emotional ties to food :hugs: I think until you overcome the overeating and binging, you'll never have a healthy and happy relationship with food and you'll always risk gaining all the weight you lose back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->