The amazing arrival of Peter and Kallen

mamato2more

Number 9 on the way
Reaction score
After contracting for two days, with contractions that were just in the front, things finally woke me up with quite a shock at 12:30 am on Monday morning. I could not quite believe that it was a real contraction, because it was so strong. Usually, they don't start out that strong for me. So, I got up, took a couple of tylenol, and planned to go back to bed. That's when I got another, just as strong, and quite close. I thought it was interesting, so I woke my hubby up and told him that I did not think he would be making it into work that day. He got up, and started getting things ready. I hopped on the computer to time the contractions, and found that they were coming every four minutes, lasting a minute, immediately! I was so shocked. I knew they were strong, I could not walk or talk through them but was still in disbelief. I called my sister and told her that Don would be coming to pick up her daughter, our babysitter. Don got all the bags in the car, and the carseats, and set off to get Nichole. Just two minutes away, but by the time he got back, an hour had elapsed since we had woken, and we both knew it was time to head out.
When we got to the hospital, we went to sign in, and I had a contraction, that again, I had to really work through. The nurse, watching and waiting, after told me that they were not going to triage me, but get me in a room right away. She could tell..When they checked me, I was at an 8! They called the midwife, and the doc was already there. The original doc that was supposed to be there could not because she hurt her shoulder. So, it was a different doc. Sharon, the midwife checked me, and I was at a nine just about 15 minutes later. All this time, I had been telling Don I wanted an epidural. He just kept telling me I could do it..I told him I knew I could, I just did not want to. But, by the time it got hooked up, if I were to have one, I could have almost been done. If I let her break the water, I would be done..So, that's what we opted for.
Sure enough...A was born at 3:05am. There was mec in the water, so I only got to hold him for a minute, and they took him to make sure he was ok. He needed to be taken to the nursery for oxygen, as he was having a bit of a hard time breathing. At one point, before B was born, I looked over, and breathed a sigh of relief. My sister Mary was there! I was so thrilled! Another set of hands to help watch over the baby!
About the same time, B was born, at 3:17. He was just fine! They both looked so small to me! Surely, a big difference between a nine pound and a 6-7 pound baby! It was surely amazing! There were so many things that could have gone wrong, that usually do, but this was just a beautiful birth! The doc who was standing by, just in case, said he saw no reason why we could not birth in the regular birthing suite. So, no OR! YEY! We were so happy about that! That's all the story I can manage to write at this time. We are so blessed! Sleep deprived, but so blessed. I know the prayers that you all said helped! Thanks so much!!

Peter Gregory weighed in at 6lbs, 12oz, and Kallen Lawrence at 7lbs 1oz

Wow... you make it sound so easy ;) So glad everything's fine and that your boys are finally here. Beautiful names for beautiful boys. And my, they were huge :wacko: Well done!!!

Aww congrats, and weren't they good weights! They're beautiful xx Well done :cloud9:

massive congrats and what fabulous weights they were!! xxx

Congratulations hun, they are adorable x

Mnay congrtas on your two lil men -wow great sizes for twins too -you done so well!!!

Lotta love and admiration for you xxx

Absolutely adorable!! Congratulations again xxx

What a birth story :) I am so pleased for you and despite not making it in time for the epidural that you had a fairly smooth time.

They are beautiful boys, congratulations x

Huge congratulations to you and your family hun!
A truly lovely story that i hope to follow!
Enjoy your beautiful boys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to all of you! We are all just so inlove with these two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->