The Arrival of Baby Jack @ 36+0

genkigemini

Jack-Jack's Mommy
Reaction score
Wow... Little Jack is already a week old and I have no idea of where the time has gone.

:baby: :cloud9: :baby: :cloud9: :baby:

So, where to start? ... Let's see...

At 8:00am on Wednesday, October 28th (my late grandfather's birthday ), I went in for my third NST due to Pre-Eclampsia and found out that my labs and all of my results were getting markedly worse. Baby Jack was still doing great but the doctor was getting concerned that if unchecked I could go into Eclampsia. After discussing induction vs. C-Section and finding out that I was not dilated at all (36+0) and his head was still WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY high up, we opted for a planned C-Section (later the same day) as an induction was not a guaranteed success and would be more dangerous to everyone involved if it turned into an emergency C-Section.

So, from the doctors office, we headed over to the hospital (in the same huge building as my doctors office) for observation until the delivery around 3:15-ish. I actually was not all that worried about it. Before then, I wanted to avoid a C-Section at all costs but my BP and pulse rate problems were making me SOOOO miserable, I just felt relief. Also, to be honest, I was a little excited to know that Baby Jack was going to share a birthday with his Great-Grandpa Joseph who was a marine and served in the Korean War. He was a good man.

Anyway... we got all ready (after it took 6 nurses to get my IV in due to my severe swelling :wacko:) and went into the section. The spinal was nothing. I really thought it would be terrible but it was not painful at all. However, they seemed to use too many drugs because my blood pressure tanked, I had trouble breathing and lost my hearing. I vaguely remember them giving me oxygen, pumping HUGE amounts of something into my IV and them dropping my head back VERY low below my body for several minutes before everything started to stabilize and apparently my color came back and then I could hear and breath proper again. The whole time, I stayed VERY focused on trying to breath instead of freaking out (which would have been hella easy) and in the end it was fine. The anesthesiologist was super cool and he took great care of me so in the end it was a-ok! :thumbup:

After that, DH came in and held my hand. He says I was high as a kite. LOL After they cut me open, they still had to use some vacuum suction to get his head out was after a bit he was out and he cried straight away. Dr. Elrod held Baby Jack over the curtain so we could see his little face. He was SOOOOOOOOO cute. Then when the doc tried to pull him back, Baby Jack grabbed the curtain with his little hand and would not let go. It was hillarious. When he finally did let go, he left a little tiny bloody hand print on the curtain. It was like something out of a cheesy horror movie and EVERYONE was laughing.

As soon as the nurses and pediatrician got him on the table, he peed all over EVERYONE. I remember they brought him to the table so I could see him and touch his little face and then DH and the baby headed over to the nursery. Apparently then there was a little glitch when they needed to give Baby Jack some oxygen and they had to stick a tube down into his stomach to suction out a bunch of crap but after that, he cleared himself out and was breathing just fine on his own. :thumbup:

We all reunited in our recovery room and that was where I got to try to breastfeed him for the first time. They had warned us all that due to him being a bit early and having some breathing issues, he might not latch well or take to the breast well. (That was saying a lot because they are SUPER pro breastfeeding at my hospital.) Thankfully we did not have a problem and Baby Jack latched on like a pro! :happydance:

I was on Magnesium Sulfate for the first 24 hours and could not get out of bed at all so DH became a PRO at changing diapers. In fact, it took me longer to figure it out than it took him. He swaddles good too. I tried once and gave up. Baby Jack hates it anyway.

3 days later, on Halloween (Oct 31st), we were allowed to go home and I cried most of the way. It suddenly hit me that after 10 years TTC and 9 months of pregnancy, we were actually getting to bring our son home. It was overwhelming but awesome all at the same time. :cloud9:

So, here is all the info:

Jack Nelson Houck III
10-28-09 @ 4:12pm
6 lbs 12 oz
19 inches long

He is named after his daddy and paternal grandpa AND shares his birthday with his maternal great-grandfather. How cool is that?!?!?! :happydance:

He has amazing dimples so at the moment, his nickname is Mr. Dimples. :haha:

Here are a few pics. Enjoy... Now I am off to start our parenting journal...

Attachments

• 10_29_09_afterfirstbath4.jpg
    10_29_09_afterfirstbath4.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 10_30_09_withDadsHand.jpg
    10_30_09_withDadsHand.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 10_29_09_MomandBabyJack2.jpg
    10_29_09_MomandBabyJack2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 10_30_09_withDad.jpg
    10_30_09_withDad.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 10_31_09_goinghomeoutfit2.jpg
    10_31_09_goinghomeoutfit2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 62
I'm so happy for you GG! He is absolutely adorable.

Massive congrats you totally deserved this :)

Massive congratulations!!!! He is lovely! x

Congratulations, thats a cute bub you have there!

so happy for you he is GORGEOUS!!!!

Great story :cloud9:
I know I have said this a bunch of times, but I am sooooooooooooo freaking happy for you guys :hugs:

Huge huge congratulations! Enjoy the new adventures ahead xxxxxx

oh he's very very cute! you must be sooooo proud! =)

He's gorgeous. You must be so proud. Congratulations. x

hes is AMAZING!!!!! congrats huni xxxx

your story made me cry... u finally got your little angel and u deserve him so much.

Just wanted to say congrats and all the best

xxx:hugs:

Sooo wonderful to read your story - it brought a tear to my eye! :cloud9:

A beautiful little boy and a wonderful mummy!

:hugs:

p.s. I had a c-section after a failed induction and also felt really high - made some inappropriate comment to my obs about how I hadn't felt that high since I was a teenager!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->