The Birth of Elora Rose~a summer cupcake bump :)

bluestarlight

Mom of 2 princesses
Reaction score
Hi, Benn a tiring few days and finally got sometime to get on a computer a write this.

It started at work on friday, june 10th. I thought i was having regular contractions but they weren't painful. I called and they said i could come in and get checked out. The second i walked in the place the contractions stopped. they monitored me for an hour and told me they were just braxton hicks and to go home and rest. My husband was working in the area so he picked me up and drove me home.
On the way home, i felt a little funny, kinda like period cramps but then they stopped. Took us 1.5 hours to get home from the city that day due to traffic. I come home, go to the bathroom and after i finish, i notice that i am still squirting water into the toilet. "Hmmm" i think. I go upstairs to our bedroom, and sit with our 3 week old baby kitten and her mom. I notice i'm getting pulses of this liquid and it overwhelms my panty liner. So i change to a pad and it keeps happening. I went downstairs to talk to my mom and she says it sound like i have a leak in my bag and that i should call. I didn't want to bug them again so i waited and the leaking seemed to stop after an hour or 2. I packed my hospital bag just in case.
That night at around 4am, i woke up to shift myself to the other side of my body when i felt a gush. Oh no I think, so i get up and change to an even thicker pad and go back to sleep. 2.5 hours later I wake up, and hubby is awake so i inform him of what happened and I will call the hospital. They told me i should come down and get checked out again. It took us a while to get going, and 2 hours later we are at the hospital. They monitor me, i'm getting no contractions but confirmed that my waters have broken. They said i need to get induced since it has already been about 18 hours since they broke. they didn't have a bed yet so told me to go down and get some food and come back in an hour or so to get things started. We texted and called people, told them not to come down because she wouldn't be born today (they did anyways...)

Around 1pm saturday, they started pictocin. I was 2cm and only 10% effaced. They wanted me to lay mostly on my back because everytime i turned to my side, the monitors stopped monitoring. It was very uncomfortable. Her heart rate stayed perfect the whole time though. Took a few hours before contractions started but by 8pm, I need to get an epidural because I had started some nasty back labor. It was excruciatingly painful, and i was only 3cm and 25% at that point. It took them 3 painful tries to get the epidural and she still did it wrong. I got some pain relief at first but then my blood pressure dropped and i could feel it in my chest and my arms were heavy. They lowered the dose but then my back labor came back but my legs were completely imobile. I suffered this balancing act for 12 hours until a shift change and the new anesthesiologist replaced my epidural. At this point, i was throwing up and crying because the pain in my back was so bad. But once they fixed it, it was pure bliss. I could still move my legs but the pain was completely gone. I was about 5cm and 60% at that point.

Things cruise along, people come and visit, my sisters arrive. They and my husband were in the room when i gave birth. They checked me around 11:30am and said I was ready to go. All the nurses said pushing could take 2-3 hours with my first baby. My sisters held my legs while my husband supported my back and head and I pushed. We kept talking about the strangest and probably inappropriate things while i was pushing, I think it was nerves mostly. I could feel her moving down, and I felt the crowning, they told me to stop just as her head poked out. I really wanted to keep going though. But then her heartrate started to drop and they told me to push anyways. She had the cord coming out with her and it was around her neck. She was a bit off color when she came out, so they wisked her away while they checked me out. I could hear her cry and that was the most relieving sound in the world :thumbup:

I didn't tear at all, just a couple of small grazes that didn't need stitches. And the didn't tell me that my uterus could fill up with clots after birth. After i delivered the placenta, they started massaging and pressing on my belly and all these clots came out. It was the weirdest feeling. They wrapped up my baby and brought her to me after they determined I was ok. They said I was anemic though and it was good i didn't lose too much blood during the delivery. She a perfect little angel, full head of dark hair and she still has some lanugo on her back and shoulders :haha: So cute! 6lbs and 14oz at birth, 19 inches long. :cloud9:

I tried breastfeeding but within the 2 days at the hospital my nipples were already cracked and bleeding. She can't get a good latch because her mouth is a bit too small for my large breasts. I was able to get a good breast pump though and pumping is working out well, even if it takes a lot of time. Its all for her. I want her to have a healthy start. Still recovering from the lack of sleep and the anemia has made me dizzy when i get up. We have also been to the doctors twice in the 2 days since i have been out because her jaundice levels were high enough to be a concern but they are dropping now. They told me to just let her get about 1 hours worth of sunlight a day, and to keep her natural light as much as possible. Here are some pics of the last few days.

Attachments

• Elorabirthfam.jpg
    Elorabirthfam.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Eloraface61611.jpg
    Eloraface61611.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 39
  • sleepingbaby61711.jpg
    sleepingbaby61711.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 34
congrats again, she is beautiful! the summer cupcakes have been anxious to hear your story!

Aw congrats again hun. You had a rough time and it's a massive shame they got the epidural wrong first time.

Congrats on your beautiful baby. Hope you recover quickly. X

congrats! Thank you for sharing! As Ashley said, we've been anxiously awaiting your story :)

Glad Elora is doing well and hopefully the breastfeeding gets worked out soon! :hugs:

Enjoy your time as a new family!

Congrats on your summer cupcake, she is beautiful, big well done :hugs:

Congrats starlight she is so gorgeous!! xx

Congratulations on your pretty little girl!Hope breastfeeding works out for you:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->