The Birth of Frederick Alister Jim

EmmaLuv

Reaction score
While the babe is asleep I thought I'd post his birth story!!

Some background pregnancy info:
At 33 weeks I went into hospital with mild contractions that were changing my cervix. They stopped my labour and put me on some medication. I had dilated to 2cm. (I stopped the meds at 37 weeks)While being on the meds I had dilated to 3cm. I had a midwife appt on Monday and all looked good!

Birth Story:
I had been having irregular contraction all day, like 5 minutes apart for 3 hours and then nothing for 2 hours. This repeated all day. Until about 7pm when they were 3 mins apart and really quite painful. So at 8:30 I finally decided to go into hospital. I got checked in and settled and my midwife checked my and said that I was 7cm dilated. So in the space of 24 hours I had dilated 4cm. So I kept having regular contractions and my midwife checked me again at 9pm and I have dilated another cm (8cm). She said to go for a walk and see what happens. Will my dilation slowed down (for the rate that I was dilating anyway). By 10:30 I was 9cm dilated. My midwife said that if my waters went broken by 11pm that she would do it and as she walked out the door I felt a pop and water gushing out! :happydance: She checked my again at 11:20pm and I was (you guessed it) 10cm, but still did not need to push. Contractions were about 1-2 minutes apart. So the drs got ready and set up and by 11:30pm I was pushing. Frederick Alister Jim was born at 11:39pm after 5pushes. He then took right to breastfeeding with a pretty good latch

Frederick Alister Jim
July 19th 2016 @ 11:39pm
6lbs7oz 19in

I am so in love :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel