The Birth of Luca Owen 07/07/2010

karenmack

Mummy of 2 Boys
Reaction score
Hi all, have finally made it back on here to write up my birth story, so here goes.........

Been suffering from false labour for a few days leading up to birth, one day in particular was the sunday had them all night and managed to fall asleep and when I woke they had gone... not happy :nope:

Got to the tuesday and was 5 days late and getting increasingly grumpy especially in the heat when I started to contract at around 10ish in the morning around every 10 minutes lasting for 1 minute, had that many false starts that I wasn't going to believe it was the real thing so carried on with my day. However the pain increased although the time of the contractions didn't they just got stronger so had 2 paracetamol, bath and a snooze.

Round 10ish at night they were still happening and I had the tiniest bit of blood after going for a wee that afternoon so started to realise it might be the real thing, they were still far apart when sitting but when moving about they were very painful and coming more reguraly so off to the labour ward we went. Car journey was awful the contractions changed to every 4 minutes and my hubby hadn't kept the car topped up with fuel so we had to stop for petrol :growlmad:
Got to the hospital who were fab and took me straight into a delivery suite was examined and was 5cm dilated so was over the moon that not only was I not going to be sent home but that I also could have pain relief. Had gas and air which I loved but made me talk absolute crap, but at least I was in fine spirits!!!!!!!!:shrug:

My blood pressure went through the roof so had to have blood taken which was a pain as the doctor couldn't find veins so ended up like a pin cushion and very bruised but thats my only complaint. At about 1am had a shot of pethadine and an anti sickness injection... I love pethadine lol

Was never examined again was just told to go with my body, felt the urge to push so did and my waters broke which were green so he had pooed in me, felt the urge to push again and 4 minutes later my gorgeous little boy entered the world followed by the placenta 3 minutes later. Luca Owen was born at 3.12am weighing 8 pounds 6 Ounces. Love him to pieces.:hugs::hugs:

Am swearing by raspberry leaf capsules with my first I only pushed for 19 minutes and 4 minutes this time is inbeliveable. Stayed in hospital for 12 hours so was home by 4 in the afternoon and we are all settled in at home, am so blessed to have him and count myself very lucky...... his 2 year old brother thinks differently at the moment, lets hope that changes soon :)

Attachments

• PICT0434.jpg
    PICT0434.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 30
congrats on little Luca. Glad to hear everything went well and you are all settled at home now. Hope his brother comes to bond with him soon! :flower:

Congratulations hun!! Hes beautiful :hugs: What a lovely name too
Im swearing by RLT too...didnt take anything with my first and was pushing for 1 and a half hours, took it this time, and she was out in 20 mins x

well done and congrats on your new arrival,

your eldest will come round soon enough, someone once said to me, its like your OH saying 'right im just bringing another woman to live with us but dont worry i still love you'

to help i asked everyone that came to see the baby to say hello to my eldest first and ask him if he could show them his new baby and if they had brought a present for Lo id have a few back up little presents or sweets for them to give my son too

x

awww congrats, and I need to know more about this raspberry leaf capsules you mentioned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->