The Birth of Madeline Grace Avery on 23rd February 2010 (Induced.. Long)

rachyh1990

Proud Mummy to Maddie :D
Reaction score
Sunday 21st February

well i was booked in for my induction on sunday the 21st February and was feeling quite optimistic. i arrived at the hospital at about 8am and was given the first lot of prosten gel at 9am (the woman who gave me the internals wasn't very good at it and just caused me great pain (she did the same to the other women on the ward) lol anyway, contractions started and i was having them about every ten minutes. i was strapped to the monitor for an hour and then allowed to walk around the hospital. i did so and at 6pmish i was given another internal ( there was such a big time gap due to the fact that my contractions got really close together 4 in 10 minutes) but these died down and i was found to be only 1cm dilated and so they gave me another prosten gel (Ouch for the internal again) this proceeded to give me contractions and at 10pm i was transfered to Maternity ward 2 to get some sleep and was told they would probably give me another gel in the morning. My Partner had to go home and i didnt sleep a wink as i was contracting all night and they were varying in stregnth and frequency.

Monday 22nd February

I was basically left all morning and then at about 4pm a doctor came to see me and did an intenal and said that i was only 2cm dilated but this was enough to break my water and so i had to wait for a bed to come free down on Delivery sweet to have my waters broken. she gave me a sweep and about 5 minutes later i started having really strong contractions about every 3 minutes. by 8pm i couldnt take the pain anymore and my partner got the midwife, she said that she would call delivery and get me a bed down there, 5 minutes later i was down in delivery sucking on the G&A. i had another internal and was found to be 3cm dilated. i decided to have a shower and was given a tank of G&A to take in with me lol i must have taken to much though as i felt soooo HIGH it was amazing. i was then offered some toast and being as high as i was at the time thought this was a fantastic idea and wolfed down slices of toast and a cup of tea. by 11pm i decided i wanted to get in the pool and so i was allowed :) i was in the pool for 2 1/2 hours before i couldnt take the pain any more and asked for the epidural. i was then told that even though i was contracting i wasn't getting past 4cm dilated and they would have to give me the hormone drip, i was given this and then i was given the epidural

Tuesday 23rd February
once i had the drip in i was given the epidural andi feel asleep for an hour, when i woke up i was contracting frequently and i could only feel pain on the left hand side of my body, i told the midwife and the anaesthatist topped up my epidural and i fell asleep again and woke up at 7am. they gave me another internal at this point and i was found to be 10cm dilated but the lip of my cervix was still there? by 8am i felt the need to push and they told me to go with it and push. everytime i had a contraction the babies heartbeat was dropping and so the called for the doctors. they put my legs in the stirrups and encouraged me to keep pushing. after a couple of strong pushes (and being cut by the midwife) my Daughter was born and placed straight on my chest where her daddy cut her umbilical cord. The minute she was born me and her dad cried our eyess out :D it was the happiest moment of my life

My partner was fantastic the whole way through the labour and kept me going :D ]

:kiss:Madeline Grace Avery was born at 9.08am on Tuesday 23rd February 2010, 12 days late,weighing 7pounds 4, 55cm long :) :kiss:

https://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af360/rachyh1990/Maddie.jpg

WOW!! She is gorgeous. Look at those big beautiful eyes!

Well done you

xx

She's lovely :cloud9: You did a great job, well done xx

awww she is gorgeous congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g