The birth story of my baby boy.. Rylan jack born 07.06.11.. Update with pics page 3!!

baby030611

Rylan Jack 07.06.11
Reaction score
Hey girls!!

Well to start off Ive had braxton hicks since about 32 weeks. I had a bloody show at 36 weeks then mre at 37.

Was in and out of hospital all the time because of high bp. Got admitted 4 times and was here twice a week other than that. But it was never high enough to be given tabs.

On Friday 3/6/11 u went to hospital and finally got a plan. They said they were gonna start me on labetalol twice a day to come back Monday for obs again and booked in to be induced at 40+2 (13/6/11) if baby wasnt here. They also did a sweep as I was 2cm and fully effaced by this point.

Nothing happened over the weekend so came back Monday 6/6/11 and the meds werent having an effect my bp kept reading 150/101 at the lowest reading and they gave me 2 more tabs which did nothing. I had a plus of protein so they said at 6pm (an hour later) they will take me to labour to break my waters as they could get to them ( I was 39+2)

So they broke them at 6.30pm and contractions kicked in straight away. Just started out like the bh I had been getting but were like every 2 mins and had pains in my back sides and achy period cramps .. Nothing bad.

An hour later just before the mw switched over they set me on an iv drip to intensify the contractions... Within half hour they were un bearable and I now had a lovely mw Lisa who examined me asshe was concerned with the pain I was in. Couldn't move or talk by this point through them. I was 4cm. It suddenly then got worse. I was getting 5 contractions every 10 mins all lasting a minute I never got a break so asked for an epi.

They got me one an Hour later!! By this time I was screaming and I told the anathesist apparently ' your my new best friend' haha.

I could still feel the pain in my back but I could sleep through them so coped I then got examined at 1am and there was no change!!! So they upped the drip and epi. At 5am I was 7cm but when I got reexamined when the next mw came on (Ellie again lovely) I was only 8cm.

I was only progression half a cm an hour and their guildline at my hosp is 1cm per hour. By this time I was exhausted and so was the baby. Not moving much at all. ( I was on the monitor constantly due to high bp do couldn't even move around to let gravity help!)

The doc came and said we think we should give u a section as your labour is stalling. She said in an Hour if I werent 10cm they would defo do 1 as the head was still quite high. An hour later I was only 9cm so went for emergency section.

I hated it. The increase in epidural made me shake uncontrollably and I could only have my sister and not my mum. The sensation was horrid and my bp dropped so much that even laid Down I was dizzy and practically bring sick.

Heard my baby BOY yelp out and burst out cryin. They shows me what I had then went and sorted him while the they sorted me (when I went funny)

I then went into recovery to hold my baby boy. He was born after 18 hours labour by section .. At 11.16am on the 07.06.11 and he is gorgeous! Loads of hair!! I will post a pic when I get home but still in hosp a few days until I can walk and my belly has stopped hurting as much.

It was awful and I really don't wanna do it again!!

I'm so in love :)

Thanx for reading :) xx

aww congrats, sorry to hear you didnt enjoy the experience but all worth it now eh just to hold your little boy.xx

Congratulations, sorry it was traumatic, but glad you're both ok! :) :hugs: xxx

Congrats - hope you recover quickly x

congrats on your little one! Hopefully you feel better soon! :)

congrats what a labour! glad your both fine :) x

Congrats! Hope your feeling well. Love the name too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->