The Bradley Method anyone?

jessmke

Reaction score
I want as natural a birth as possible in the hospital, and I am looking into taking classes with my husband in the Bradley Method. Has anyone done these classes? Did you find they were helpful and worth the time/money? Did they do a good job of preparing your husband? My hubby works in health care so he is not squeamish about anything, I'm mostly concerned with him learning how to coach me and to stand up for me if/when anything may go off course. I have heard from many people who have done the "typical" prenatal classes that they are common sense and a waste of time. I'm hoping that the Bradley Method would be of more use to us and am interested in hearing other people's experiences with these classes. Thanks in advance! Oh, I should also mention, this will be my first baby.

We have 2 class sessions left, but so far I do think it's going to be beneficial when it comes to labor. My DH is really bad at practicing the relaxation that the class teaches, but at the same time, I know he's listening in class, so that's good! His mom is a nurse and I was impressed when he held a full conversation with her, backing up our decision to do a natural birth, etc. :) It gives me confidence that he will be a wonderful advocate for me when the time comes. I've really enjoyed the exercises/stretches that the class encourages us to do.

I think if you are able to attend the classes go for it! I wish DH and I had been able finish our classes (we had an emergency with ods) because he would have been much more helpful. I think it couldn't hurt to do these being it focuses on him helping you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->