The Cloth Nappy & Wipes Review Thread

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Following on from another thread we thought it would be a good idea to do a new Reusbale nappy review thread. I know there was a previous one but no ones been on that in a while and now we have the new section too :thumbup: We could do wipes aswell just alter the questions to suit.

So all we ask is that you review your nappies or wipes. Please don't chat so it doesn't end up a large thread that people need to spend ages scrolling through and if you have any questions please ask them outside on the board/ fluffy bum club/ pm.

I will pinch the previous threads layout as it makes sense (hope you don't mind Rafwife :blush:). So please tell us;

• The nappy you are reviewing and a link
  • Style (terry, pocket, Aio etc)
  • Absorbancy
  • Ease of use
  • Drying time
  • Design
  • Value for Money
  • Overall marks out of 10.

Maybe one of the lovely mods will make it sticky too :blush:

Please remember no chat.

Bumgenius V3.
https://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php

Style
Birth to Potty pocket nappy, comes with 2 inserts, 1 large and 1 small newborn (or can be used as an extra booster for heavy wetters/night time). Pocket is to the back.

Absorbancy

8/10

I have only tried these nappies during the day so far but have had no problems with absorbancy. We can go 5/6 hours using 1 insert without leaks on an average day.

Ease of use.

8/10

This is quite a simple nappy to use. The large insert has poppers and needs folding to the correct size. There are poppers to the front of the nappy that can be adjusted to grow with your baby. The only problem with this is that sometimes they can come undone if your struggling a little with a wriggling baby.

Personally, i stuff the nappy once dry before putting them away then when it comes to change time all i need to do is get the nappy out it's ready to go as a dispsable would be.

Drying time.

I air dry and the inserts take about a day and a half (indoors).

Design

Technical design - overall pretty good. I like the lining as it keeps baby dry, wicking the moisture away from her bum. These nappies don't come in any fancy designs but they do have a reasonable rangle of colours.

Value for money.

7 1/2 / 10.

On average you are looking at about £14 for this nappy to date which is pretty reasonable for this nappy IMO.

Overall marks out of 10

8/10. There are only 2 issues i can find with this nappy, the first is that sometimes i find the inserts can smell a bit odd at times and the second being that they don't have the same range of designs to choose from as some of their leading competitors however, pretty designs don't mean they do the job they are intended for any better (but it does help retail :winkwink:)

Little Lamb Cotton https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/

Style I use the 100% cotton fitted nappies with fleecey liner and PUL wrap

Absorbancy 7/10: I've had one or 2 leaks but usually only if hubby hasn't put it on quite right. Generally I change them every 3-4 hours when I feed him. I haven't tried them overnight yet but may do in the next few weeks.

Ease of use 8/10: Really easy to use the only very slightly tricky bit is making sure that the wrap covers the nappy properly.

Drying time: I air dry and it takes about 8-14 hours depending on temperature, humidity etc.

Design: Simple but effective technical design, only available in white but they look very cute still and lets face it they are mostly under clothes anyway. I much prefer to use them with the fleecy liner than a disposable liner as it keeps wet away from his skin a bit better

Value for Money: 10/10 £135 got me: 20 nappies with boosters, an further 10 extra boosters, 20 fleece liners, 10 wraps, 100 disposable liners and a nappy bucket.

Overall marks out of 10. 8/10 - because it can be a little fiddly (at least for my DH) to check wrap is on properly and if it isn't leaks are more likely.

Itti Bitti D'lish
https://ittibitti.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116

Style
Sized s/m/l
Snap all in ones. Two inserts that you snap into place with poppers. Also do up with poppers

Absorbancy

6/10

They only last about two or 3 hours. The tend to leak after that so not suitable for night time. A booster is avaible put I havent tried it.

Ease of use.

8/10

Easy to use once you get the hang of the insert. One of the inserts folds in two and then the other insert is one layer and goes on top.
I always put the nappies together before use so they go on just like a disposable.

Drying time.

Really long! The inserts take ages to dry. I tumble dry on a 40degree setting and then air dry for a day.

Design

Gorgeous! Soft minky fabrics in a range of beautiful colours! The best part is they are so slim and go really well under clothes. They keep moisture away from the skin really well as well. Babies bum is kept very dry.

Value for money.

7.5/10

Midrange nappy at £12-£14 but they are sized so might not work out that cheap if you have to buy all 3 sizes.

Overall marks out of 10

7/10. Drying time and absorbancy let these down but they are gorgeous and super slim under clothes! Good price too. Perfect for day time.

Blueberry Pocket One Size

Style
Birth to Potty, Minki or PUL outer. Fleece inner with hemp and microfiber insert. Nappys can be on three settings, set by poppers on the outside. Velcro or poppers for doing them up.

Absorbancy

9/10

Fantastic last 4/5 hours with no leaks. Can be used overnight with an extra insert. I use the Bum Genius newborn insert.

Ease of use.

9/10

Just stuff the nappy with the insert and use like a disposable. Maybe be difficult with a wiggling baby as like the bum genius the poppers could come undone.

Drying time.

Inserts take a day to air dry. Outers dry super quick.

Design

Really nice! Lots of different prints in minki and pul. Im not a fan of all the prints but I really like the purple and black minki ones.

Value for money.

8/10

Expensive at £22 each but they are good quality and will last birth to potty and then maybe one after that :D

Overall marks out of 10

8/10 The only thing letting them down is some of the prints I dont like and they are slightly bulky on smaller babies.

Tot bots bambozles

https://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.427532/sc.7/category.13/.f

Style
Fitted 2 sizes. Size 1 8-18lb size 2 18lb to potty. these are fitted nappies that require a seperate wrap

Absorbancy

8/10

Have never had one leak and can be used overnight, however don't always wick the moisture away from the bottom so i use with a fleece liner (little lambs purely through choice)

Ease of use.

9/10

Fasten up as a disposible with velcro however could imagine a problem as child gets bigger as need to fasten both the nappy and the wrap and I imagine on a moving child this would be difficult. I've also noticed that Jack could easily open the velcro but this could and will be secured with a nippa nappa as he gets older. You also don't have to soak them which saves effort. i just dry pail them with a couple of drops of tee tree oil

Drying time.

This is the only down side. i air dry and inside this can take upto 36 hours if you don't turn the nappies over

Design

Very boring. However there are 5 funky wraps available but you limited for choice

Value for money.

8/10

Mid range 5 nappies for 49.99. With one plain wrap, funky wraps are sold seperate

Overall marks out of 10

7/10 I love the absorbancy however they are bulky and i found that they limited Jack's movement when he was younger. The other down side is they take so long to dry compaired to some of my other ones. They have however never let me down like some of these and can go 12 hours overnight. These are by far my DH's favorite as he doesn't have to fold or stuff them so are idiot proof

Little Lamb Bamboo

Style
Bamboo fitted nappies with a bamboo soaker, fleece liner and PUL wrap.

Absorbancy

7/10

Bamboo is supposed to be very absorbant compared to other materials, these stay leak free for me for 2-4 hours usually. Probably would work better for non-heavy wetters.

Ease of use.

9/10

Line the nappy with the number of bamboo/fleece inserts you require depending on how absorbant you want it, front does up with velcro.

Drying time.

6/10

The nappies take a while to dry, prob 14+ hours air dry. I use tumble dryer as it keeps them fluffy.

Design

9/10

So cute. Lovely and fluffy, wraps only available in white, but other wraps can be used if preferred.

Value for money.

9/10

I spent £280 and got 40 nappies (20 size 1 and 20 size 2), 20 wraps (size 1 and 2), 20 bamboo soakers and 40 fleece liners (the size 2 nappies have the bamboo soaker sewn in) 2 rolls of flushable liners and 2 nappy pails. However, I don't need this many nappies so this option isn't necessary in my opinion.

Overall marks out of 10

8/10 The drying time, absorbancy and limited colours let them down, however, these are not big issues for me as you can tumble dry, use more soakers/liners and they spend 95% of their time under clothes anyway.

Pop In V2

Style
A cross between a two part and AIO style. 3 Parts popper together to create the nappy. Velcro fastening with poppers for leg adjustment.

Absorbancy

10/10

A very absorbant bamboo nappy, this stays dry for hours for me. I use it overnight with the nighttime booster (sold separately) and it lasts 12 hours with no leaks. My baby is quite a heavy wetter too.

Ease of use.

9/10

Popper all three layers together and it's ready to go!

Drying time.

6/10

These nappies take a long to dry, prob 16+ hours air dry. I use tumble dryer as they take so long.

Design

9/10

Very cute. Even though AIO style, the outside is lovely and soft and there are different colours to choose from.

Value for money.

10/10

Around £15 for the nappy and booster. Well worth the money I think. I have never had a leak with this nappy, they hold an awful lot of liquid!

Overall marks out of 10

9/10 The drying time really lets these nappies down, would be 10/10 if they dried more quickly! Love them though.

Happy Heiny's One Size Pockets

Style
Waterproof pocket with a super soft fleece lining and terry inserts that come with it... although you can replace them with microfiber liners.

Absorbancy

10/10

Great, I use it overnight, it usually never leaks, although the odd time it will... but it is on her for 12-13 hours straight...

Ease of use.

10/10

Very easy, you just put the liner inside the pocket and its ready, I also just put the liners in once they are dry.

Drying time.

10/10

Very easy to dry since there are layers.

Design

10/10

-Huge variety of colors and a few fun prints.
-super soft lining inside for the baby's skin.
-Elastic in both the waist and legs for a good fit
-bigger sections of velcro that hold better on a busy girl who tries to pull the velcro tabs off ha ha... She can get the bumgenious diapers off in no time.

Value for money.

10/10

Good price I think. I prefer them over the bumgenious 3.0

Overall marks out of 10

Naughty Baby Nappies:
(not sure of theres a site but i only know of an ebay link)
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12x-Washable...s_LE?hash=item1e56aece83&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Style:
Pocket nappies, they come with 2 inserts per nappy - Birth to Potty.

Absorbancy:
8/10
They do last a good few hours but i feel theres room for improvement,

Ease of use:
10/10
These were my starter nappies and i found them very easy to figure out how to use even with the broken English leaflet :lol:

Drying time:
10/10
These dry so easily, the outer part dries within a couple of hours and the inserts a few hours on the line or on a heater. Overnight on an airer at room temp.

Design:
7/10
They come in bright solid colours but no patterns.
Elastic around the waist and legs for a comfy fit.
Velcro bits to fold over so when theyre in the wash they dont stick to each other!

Value for Money:
10/10
£53 for 12 nappies, excellent value for money to start out with!

Earth Softly Wipes

Bought from an eBay shop.

Style

Round white wipes, terry cotton on one side and fleece on the other. About the size of the palm of my hand.

Ease of use

10/10

Easy to use, I just spray my wipes soloution (water and baby bath, lol) onto the wipe, use then put in my nappy bucket.

Drying time.

10/10

These wipes dry mega fast, the fleece side is pretty much dry as soon as it comes out of the machine, the terry only takes a few mins!

Design

9/10

Plain white, you can get coloured ones, but they still aren't as fancy as some you can get. I prefer them white though. You can also get bamboo or hemp ones. Because they are double sided, you can wash baby with the fleece side and dry with the terry side.

Value for money.

10/10

£3 for 6 wipes, I bought 12 which does me fine.

Overall marks out of 10

10/10

I like them, they are easy to wash and dry, simple to use and don't cost a lot.

Tot bots bambozles

Style
Fitted 2 sizes. Size 1 8-18lb size 2 18lb to potty. these are fitted nappies that require a seperate wrap

Absorbancy

9/10

Only ever had a couple of leaks, and that was due to a poor wrap rather than the nappy.

Ease of use.

9/10

Very straight forward, I have the velcro version so just whip it on and its done. You can get them without and use a nappy nippa. They have a fold back option for the velcro so they don't stick to things in the wash. I dry pail with tea tree oil.

Drying time.
5/10

This is the biggest problem I think. I don't have a tumble drier and have to air dry and this can take a LONG time. Approx 36 hours. (I put the current wash out on sunday evening and they are just dry tuesday morning).

Design
7/10
I have the coloured version so Green, blue, yellow, purple and orange. They are very cute when drying, but the wrap that comes with them is white, so boring! The colours are fading, which I suppose is to be expected, but I'm just wondering how much they will fade!

Value for money.

8/10

Mostly available 5 nappies for 49.99, with one plain wrap. (However, I got mine on offer at Babies R us, 19.99 for 5!!!! So I bought 3 lots of size1 and 2 lots of size 2!)

Overall marks out of 10

8/10 I love the ease of using these, they last alot longer than other nappies, the big niggle I have with these is the drying time (with only 15 size 1's I have to supplement with terries whilst they dry, and when I move on to size 2's I'll only have 10 so I'll have to buy more!) and also the bizarre wraps! The wraps that are considered size 1 (so birth - 18lbs) have only just started fitting my LO who is 15lbs!!!! I had to use other wraps to begin with as these were HUGE on him and looked ridiculous, so I used motherease and Nature babies wraps which I rate very highly :)

Bum Genius AIO Organic

Style
All in One nappy with six layers of organic cotton all sewn in, so it's just one piece.

Absorbancy

9/10

These have never ever leaked for me during the day, but as it is difficult to add extra padding I don't use them at night. I expect they would leak then. I have used them for anything between 2-6 hours and not any problems.

Ease of use.

10/10

Simple as you can get, just put the nappy on and do up poppers to fit. Just like a disposable, but cloth!

Drying time.

6/10 (air dried)

These nappies take so long to dry as they are all one piece that I don't bother air drying, I do one wash every other day and tumble dry altogether. They recommend that they are tumble dried anyway, so it can't do them any harm!

Design

10/10

Lovely range of colours, bright ones and paler ones to choose from. They are really really slim fitting, and look gorgeous on. They don't do fancy designs, but I love the colours, so it's fine by me! My favourite nappy by far.

Value for money.

10/10

Can cost anywhere between £14.75 to £17.95 each. All of mine cost me £15.50 each and I have 11. They are worth the money as they are so good!

Overall marks out of 10

10/10

The only downside to these is the drying time, so just don't buy them if you don't have a tumble dryer! Other than that fab nappy and also because they are poppers, not velcro, they still look like new even after a lot of use. I will def be using these with next baby and hopefully one after that too!

# The nappy you are reviewing and a link

https://www.babykind.co.uk/fuzzibunz.htm

I have the fuzzi bunz perfect size, you can also get the one size which is suitable from birth to potty. I have a mix of the two, you also get a boaster and a large insert with the one size.

# Style (terry, pocket, Aio etc)

Pocket

# Absorbancy

7/10

3 hours with one insert, I have gone for 5 with no leaks. have not tried a booster yet. They also feel quiet dry to touch, as the wetness soakes through the fleece

# Ease of use

9/10

stuff the insert in and fasten the poppers to required size- so very easy.

# Drying time

8/10

The outer is almost dry coming out of the machine, the inserts take longer to dry but will dry over night on the radiator or couple of hours on the line. They can also be tumbled. Extra inserts are cheap so you could order extra of them.

# Design

10/10

loads of different colours to choose from, and a daisy design. They really look great
# Value for Money
Around £13 each I have 14 and was every 3rd night sometimes second.

# Overall marks out of 10

9/10

Feel free to pm any questions

https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm#bamboowipes I have these wipes too only delivered today to will post review later on

Cheeky re-usable wipes
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/118/75/cheeky-wipes--washable-wipes-kit

Style
They look really nice, good boxes etc, I dont think a huge amount to the smell of the drops you put in but its not horrid.

8/10

Absorbancy

I've only been using these wipes for a few days but i use sooo much less of them they really seem to do the job

10/10

Ease of use.

I didnt get instructions with mine which was quite annoying and had to search the internet for how to use them. But once i found out it was really easy and no bother at all. You can either put them in with your nappies or with a normal 40 wash.

8/10

Drying time.

Not long at all, but i put them on an aga over night but they can dry in under an hour.

Design

I think the way that they are set out to use is really good the only down side is that the boxes are quite big and you need somewhere to put them. Which is fine when you're using a changing table but i dont use one anymore.

9/10

Value for money.

I think they are quite good value for what you get. They're meant to save you like £200 also but i think for me it would be more i seem to go through wipes soooo fast.

8/10

Overall marks out of 10

9.5/10

I'm really converted and going to buy some more, although i havent and dont intend to use them when we go out. They are really easy to use and less chemicals and cheeper ALSO they are MUCH better at wiping off poo even a really really mucky nappy i only need 2. :flower:

Cushie Tushies Couture

https://www.cushietushies.com.au/images/Bumble%20Bee%20Couture.jpg

Style
An AIO bamboo nappy

Absorbancy

10/10

This has lasted me the longest of all my AIO's including my BG AIO! It comes with an extra booster which i didnt use as it is on newborn setting and it lasts me 4 hours,probably even more if i tried.. 8 layers of bamboo cotton inc the liner!

Ease of use.

9/10

True AIO, though NB setting requires to fold the front and doenst leave room for the extra liner to pop in.

Drying time.

7/10

Im not sure but i generally hang all of my nappies out for a day and this one is dry too! (it is middle of summer here though!) But seeing it is bamboo it might take longer in a tumble dryer then average..

Design

10/10

Theyve got heaps of different fun prints and feel lovely and soft, they fit very well on my newborn and i can see them last him ages easily!!!

Value for money.

10/10

Even though they are a bit pricey, around 35 AUD dollars (19 GBP) they are definitely worth the money in my opinion!

Overall marks out of 10

9/10

Only because of the longer drying time.. i love these and will definitely buy myself more of them!!!

Ooooh, I'm bumping this thread as it is INVALUABLE to clueless newbies like me!! Any more reviews out there?

I think there should deff be a cloth nappy review thread as a sticky, it might be an idea if a new one is started and say every week a new nappy is reviewed and in that week everyone can put in their review good or bad, might give a broader picture then just 1 person at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->