The Cloth Nappy & Wipes Review Thread

The Gro Baby System
https://www.funkymonkeypants.com/gro-baby.html

Style

It's a kind of SIO/AIO, like a Pop-In and Flip crossed! The inner soaker pad snaps into the shell, an extra booster can be added, when it comes to change time, just snap out the soaker and replace. Has poppers on the front to adjust the size and comes in lovely big velcro tab fastening (you can get the Vanilla colour in a popper fastening but only that one oddly).

Absorbancy
10/10

The soaker is an elasticated, 6 layered organic cotton piece which is shaped to be slightly wider across the bum. I dont use the booster that came with it but Chloe can easily wear them for 3/4 hours with no leaks, she probably could go longer but I havent tried it, yet (I will update on results).

Ease of Use
10/10

I find them really easy to use, I have 3 shells and 6 soakers, when it comes to changetime I simply swap the dirty one for a new shell and soaker and then when finished, take the dirty one to the bathroom, pull out the soaker and put in the pail, unless the shell has gotten dirty I then just snap in a fresh soaker ready for the next change. I use each shell for about 4 changes, although the shells themselves have never been dirty, the soaker manages to catch everything.

Drying Time
6/10

We dont have a tumble dryer but I do dry all the soakers on our heated towel rail in the bathroom, its only on for a few hours in the evening and again in the morning, but generally about 12 hours to get the soakers dry. The shells are dry within maybe an hour of being hung up on the airer.

Design
10/10

I really love the look of these, they come in plain colours; Vanilla, Kiwi, Mandarin and Blueberry and also in 4 patterns; Bluebirds, Seaside, Sunset and Wild Flowers. The velcro tabs are lovely and big and stick on top of eachother for a snug fit on tiny babies and the white velcro bits are kind of hidden, unlike on a BumGenius or Pop-In, so they look very sleek when done up.

Value for Money
9/10

I wish they were cheaper but I do think they are worth the money. Lots more places have started to sell them now so the prices will hopefully come down a little, you can buy the plain coloured shells for £18ish and the patterns for £20ish (each shell comes with 1 soaker and 1 booster), extra soaker pads come in a pack of 2 for £12 and 2 boosters for £7. There are some deals out there tho, I got 2 patterned shells, 4 soakers and 2 boosters for £48, the plain colour version is £45. They are very hard to find pre-loved as they are still quite new over here and tend to get snapped up quick, but re-sale value on them because of this will be high.

Overall marks out of 10
9/10

It would have gotten a 10/10 if drying was a bit quicker (or if I had a tumble dryer). I much prefer these to any of the 3 types of BumGenius we have, the fit is much better on Chloe, no pulling out wet inserts from a hole, and they do dry faster then the BG AIO's. I am considering selling all my other nappies and just using this system (with maybe Pop-Ins for nighttime) thats how much I like them!

x

Bambino Mio (Somebody asked for this!)

https://www.bambinomio.com/
Style

Prefold system

Absorbency
5/10
Absorbed wee quickly, although not a lot of it - had to change fairly frequently. BF poo just ran everywhere except into the nappy!

Ease Of Use
4/10
Too many ways to fold, and I found just having to fold them was a bind.

Drying time
8/10
Dries pretty quickly actually - about the only thing I liked about them!

Design
2/10
What design?! The wraps were OK for design I suppose, but they leaked, and I don't like aplix, because it gets snarled up in the washing machine! The nappies themselves really have no design.

Value for Money
4/10
I do actually use the nappies themselves as inserts in pocket nappies, where they actually work quite well, but otherwise they would have been a complete waste of money as a system in it's own right, as I wouldn't have used them at all

Overall marks out of 10

4/10

General comment

Sorry to be negative, but I really don't rate these nappies well at all!

Rumparooz
https://www.rumparooz.com/

Style

These are BTP pockets, much like a BG V3, they come in popper or velcro fastening.

Absorbancy

10/10

These come with 2 inserts, just like a BG V3, a big long one which poppers down to make a shorter one for when the nappy is on the smaller settings and an hourglass shaped newborn insert which can be used on its own at first and then snaps on the the larger insert for extra boosting. There are 6 combinations to use the inserts in, but all in all, they hold a lot of pee, we had no leaks!

Ease of Use
9/10

They get a 9, only because pockets do require a little extra effort than the snap in of Pop-Ins or Gro Babys. The pocket is nice and large though!

Drying Time
8/10

The nappy shell dries in no time, the inserts dry the same as BG V3 inserts, we air dry so it would be quicker using a tumble dryer, but I'd say 12 hours on the airer or a little less on a radiator at night.

Design
10/10

These do look really cute, they have patterned and plain colours and are quite trim for a BTP. lots of effort has been put into these to maybe improve on the BG V3 standard, there are 3 sets of poppers down the front (not the usual 3) to adjust the size, which means it will fit from 6.5 lbs to 35+ lbs, great for slim or small babies. Also there is a double inner gusset to help contain poo explosions, which works really well and the inside lining is microchamois, which is lovely and soft!

Value for Money
10/10

At about £16 for poppers and £15 for velcro these are reasonably priced when compared to a BG V3, they are still pretty new over here so hopefully prices will come down a little or offers might show up!

Overall marks out of 10
9/10

It would have gotten a 10/10 if drying was a bit quicker (or if I had a tumble dryer). I prefer these the the BG V3's as they fit Chloe much better, must be down to the snug newborn setting, had no leg leakage at all. Also having them in prints is lovely, we got the Gumball one, very cute! I like the fact they are in poppers and velcro as my OH hates poppers so it suits everyone. All in all I really like these, like I said I would buy them over V3's for the fit anyday!

x

Annie Marie Padorie- Stay Dry AIO
https://www.ampdiapers.com/static.php?page=stay_dry_aio

Absorbancy- 8/10

- Great for daytime use and has lasted 3-4 hours on a very heavy wetter.

Ease Of Use- 10/10

- Like any AIO it is very easy to use, comes on and off like a disposable.

Drying Time- 5/10

- Takes a long time to dry since it is an AIO. Even in the dryer I have to hang it up afterwards.

Design- 8/10

- Im not generally a fan of AIO's because they only fit certain sizes. But when you have the right size they fit very nicely and are extremely trim and non-bulky.

Value For Money- 8/10

- As said, I usually like one size diapers, nto fitteds. So the value is ok, but since you can't use it from birth-potty it is alot of money to buy all sizes.

Overall Remarks-

- Like how the diaper fits very trim and I was impressed with absorbancy in the daytime for how trim they are. I like them. But for value I prefer One Size.

Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretchie
https://www.totsbots.com/nappies/range/bamboozles/

Style
Size 1 fits 5-18lb
Size 2 is BTP (9lb+)
Two part, requires a wrap.

Absorbancy
10/10
Magic, where does the pee GO??? Im not sure its possible to outpee this nappy, 12 hours of overnight use with an explosive morning poop and the outside of the nappy is barely damp when taking off the wrap. I am constantly astounded by how much pee this nappy can happily hold.

Ease of Use
10/10
I am not the biggest fan of nappies that need wraps, seems like a pain in the backside however there is no fiddling with this one. Booster snaps in, poppers on the front adjust like any other BTP and the aplix is super adjustable. Easy!

Drying Time
10/10
Wasnt expecting much considering its bamboo but it dries super fast, timed at just over 4 hours on an airer over a radiator for the main nappy and an hour and a half for the booster on an airer away from a radiator. Tumbles as fast as any nappy.

Design
10/10
Cant praise it enough. The fabric is genius, the stretch fit makes it so, SO easy to get the absolutely perfect fit on any baby. Skinny legs, chubby legs, big tummy, little tummy, because its so soft and so stretchy it moulds to the shape of your baby, doesnt make their legs stick out to the side, doesnt give the "weeble" effect on the ones on the small side of the weight range. I also really liket he aplix, its the nicest aplix set up of all the nappies I have, seems better quality somehow?? The aplix doesnt come loose in the wash from its keepers unlike some other brands of nappy, its completely user friendly.
I want to hug whoever designed this nappy!

Value for Money
10/10
For less than £10 for a GOOD night nappy??! I am all for pretty but for that price its a complete bargain, its so slim compared to other night nappies and it competes with the best, I pick these up before bedbugs and WNNN every single time.

Overall marks out of 10
10/10

As close to nappy perfection as I have found yet. I love pretty and I love pockets but if there was one nappy out of my entire stash I had to pick for day and night use it would be this one. It contains pee, it contains poop, its slim, its cheap, its easy to use, its soft (super soft) and it moulds to fit extremely different bodytypes.
If you dont have one, get one!

Wee Notions Northern Lights SS - https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75&zenid=gnc5sgr8j000l103946rktt6v2

Style
Sized Fitted (comes in S,M &L)

Absorbancy

10/10
I'm actually really impressed with it. It works out having 6 layers of bamboo with the insert in and doesn't usually manage to get LO wet all the way to the tummy like some fitteds I have do. Never has any leaks either.

Ease of Use
9/10
Pretty easy to use, it does need a wrap though. You just popper the inserts into the front of the nappy, put the nappy on, pop on wrap and off you go

Drying Time
10/10
It takes a while since it's bamboo BUT you can take the insert out and dry the nappy on it's own and then open the insert out so it dries quicker again.

Design
10/10
I really love this nappy as a fitted although I'm slightly dissapointed that I have to cover it up with a wrap since it's so pretty. As with all Wee Notions you can customer design this.

Value for Money
10/10
It's Wee Notions

Overall marks out of 10
10/10

It is a lovely nappy, it's very trim, it's soft and absorbant and nice to look at. Cant ask for much more x

Cushie Tushie Couture

https://www.cushietushies.com.au/store/pc/home.asp

Style
All In One BTP

Absorbancy
8/10
Good. No pee leaks but dont find them 100% for poop with my LO, however only minor poo leaks occurred so not the end of the world. Definitely only a day nappy and I wouldnt have used it without the mini booster.

Ease of Use
9/10
Very easy. Snap in the main booster, lay the mini one on top and fasten. The 'ease' can be compromised when LO having a good kick during nappy change and managed to kick the loose mini booster halfway across the room!

Drying Time
7/10
Takes a while to hang dry, dries overnight but I have found it needs a good 6 hours else the outer is still damp if you press it.

Design
7/10
It has many good points, its cute, lovely designs. Separation of boosters is fab, having two gives a lot of adjustability, the mini booster can be moved to the best place for boy/girl .
Bad points....the look worn very quickly. The fleece inners always bobble quickly. The outer can get a bit stiff when hung dried. Very wide between the legs so not really suited to smaller than 9lb. Bulky in the body, mainly due to no ability to adjust the rise. The popper settings arent really adequate for smaller babies, you can end up with a 'spare' popper with nowhere to go! Most of the downpoints are minor niggles and many are nul and void with an older/bigger baby.

Value for Money
7/10
Compared to other nappies out there offering pretty minky prints the Couture is around average. However I dont feel its price is 100% justified. There are other options that offer almost exactly the same for slightly less and they wear better.

Overall marks out of 10
7/10
For us its not a nappy we reach for regularly. Its nice its just not as good as many others. Nothing about it makes it stand out from any other nappy. I could see it being more of a favourite once Theo is bigger and i would say it is worth a go on bigger ones but it wouldnt be a nappy I would recommend for a newborn or small baby.

Wild Child Workhorse

https://www.jabulanappies.co.uk

Style
Two part; similar to itti SIO

Absorbancy
10/10
Lasted 4 hours without a prewash:thumbup:

Ease of Use
9/10
The booster system snaps onto the shell, then you fold the boosters to suit your absorbancy needs, we just folded them in half.

Drying Time
8/10
The shell dries pretty quickley, the boosters were dry in the morning (left overnight over a radiator)

Design
10/10
They come in lovely colours, i have a hot pink (which is more of a bubblegum pink to me, isnt as deep as fushia) and butter (a very pale yellow).
The outers look really flimsey but they are really good, i could probably use them on other nappies tbh
you can also buy more piggy back systems and add/change remove what you already have

eg, the workhorse has a microfiber, a bamboo and a hemp booster, you could removed the microfiber and add more bamboo

Value for Money
10/10
i do really like them, they are pricey at £14.99 each and there arent many preloved about as they have only just come out over here but the absorbancy is great and they are a nice fit

Overall marks out of 10
10/10
love it :thumbup:

Minkee Magic All

https://www.green-me.co.uk/babybeehinds_aio.php?nappiescode=baby_beehinds_minkee_aio_nappy

Style
Minkee outer pocket, boosters sewn in and theres an extra bamboo booster too
AIO

Absorbancy
10/10
Lasted 5 hours without a prewash, could have gone longer

Ease of Use
10/10
tis really simple to use

Drying Time
8/10
can turn it inside out to dry quicker but was dry in the morning after a night near the radiators

Design
10/10
Its like the itti rainbow only some extra colours, i quite like them, i have a medium and the rise isnt as low as medium ittis and i dont get wing droop either, it should last awhile too
apparently they make excellent night nappies but i think its far to nice for bed :rofl:

Value for Money
10/10
they cost £14.75 new, and so far ive only seen one preloved
i'd deffo recommend them though their lovely

Overall marks out of 10
10/10
love it

Cheeky re-usable wipes - Mini kit with Monkey Foot Bag
https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11956.html

Style

The plastic box they come in is functional but not for out and about (you dont get all the other bags like in the original kit. But you do get a gorgeous small monkey foot bag, the site I got it from only had one bag option but im guessing other sites may offer different design bag.

9/10

Absorbancy

It takes just 2 wipes to clean up after changing a nappy, 1 to wash and 1 to dry

10/10

Ease of use.

I got no instructions on how to wash but bunged them in with my nappies and they have been fine, they also dry soft even when air dried.

9/10

Drying time.

Popped on an airer overnight and dried and still soft

10/10

Design

I think getting the wet bag makes using them out and about easier, the tub is large but will go on change table ok.

9/10

Value for money.

£25 for 25 wipes a tub, oil and a monkey foot bag. I think this is good value.

9/10

Overall marks out of 10

9/10

I love these but I still prefer the thicker double sided wipes of bamboo and fleece. They don't feel as soft as some of my other wipes but they do clean LO up well.

Sugarbum pocket one size - velcro

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/uniquebabyboutique/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Style
One size pocket, snap down sizing on the front, velcro fastening (also comes in popper fastening).
Comes with 2 microfibre inserts - one with snaps on the adjust the length and one shorter, thinner booster insert. The velcro fastening version has double leg cuffs. Velcro folds over and fastens inside to stop it snagging in the wash.

Absorbancy 8/10
Leila is not a heavy wetter and these can easily manage 4/5 hours with the larger insert. With the booster added we can go overnight for upto 10 hours.

Ease of use 9/10
Easy to adjust the size of the nappy with the front snaps, these seem quite sturdy and I havent had them come undone. The larger insert can be made shorter with the snaps and is then stuffed into the pocked which folds over at the top to stop the insert coming into contact with babys skin. The pocket is quite narrow because of the double leg cuff but once the insert is in it is fine.

Drying time 9/10
I have no dryer but these are dry overnight on the radiators, with no heating on I expect they would take up to 24 hours to fully dry.

Design 8/10
Available in 2 fastening options and 10 pastel colours.
The velcro fastening version has double leg cuffs whcih makes for a good fit even on skinny legs. Velcro folds over and fastens inside to stop it snaggin in the wash.
Quite well made but obviously not up to the same quality as the big brands. Velcro seems to be lasting quite well.

Value for Money 9/10
For the price these are well worth having, even just to boost your stash or as a good starter nappy. Price varies depending on how many you buy but works out at approx £7 each.

Overall marks out of 10 9/10
Great value for money and a good starter nappy but could be bulky on a newborn.

Issy Bears Cotton https://www.issybearnappies.com.au/ (although places stock them in the UK I think)

Style: One Size Pocket

Absorbancy: 10/10 - I've never had any leaks - baby's bum is always nice and dry even when the insert is quite full.

Ease of use: 10/10 - easy to use with snaps if you pop in insert straight after drying.

Drying time: 9/10 The insert takes quite awhile to dry 1.5-2 hrs in a cool dryer (2 layers bamboo and 3 microfibre) but the outer drys in next to no time.

Design: 10/10 - I love the design on the pocket on these nappies - on the fuzzibunz the pocket just kinda hangs open but with the issys the pockets have a velcro closure that's on the inside so nowhere near bubs skin. I got ones with snaps but I believe they do velcro as well that have fold back laundry tabs and I will buy velcro next time as have discovered OH is snap challenged. They have heaps of lovely prints as well.

Value for Money: 10/10 - I think they are great value for money - I've seen several cheaper ones but not all of them have the insert included in the price and these nappies are of a very high quality. I could see them easily lasting a few more children. Cost $29AUD or 17GBP.

Overall marks out of 10: 9.5/10 - I'll be buying more soon!

Ellas House Bumhugger
https://www.ehnappies.co.uk/bum-hugger.php

Style
Sized pocket/two parter in aplix or poppers
REQUIRES A WRAP

Absorbency
9/10
very absorbent for such a slim fitting nappy with seemingly so little absorbent materials. Easily does 12 hour overnight stints for my LO. Any absorbency issues can easily be dealt with by additional boosting into the generous pocket.

Ease of use
10/10
Very easy. No fiddling at all!

Drying time
9/10
For a hemp night time nappy it dries very quickly, partly because of the fold out booster that slips into the pocket. Will hang dry overnight.

Design
9/10
Very well thought out. The complete fleece lined inner keeps babys bum dry, the fold out booster aids drying time and the pocket for extra stuffing if necessary makes this nappy highly adjustable and suited to a large portion of babies as there is room to add considerable amounts of boosting should you need it. The different fleece inners are great, make the nappy fun and the choice of popper colours is nice too.
They are nicely slim fitting so would be perfect for newborn/small babies.

Value for Money
9/10
These sell for just under £10 each, you cant get much better for a night time suitable nappy. Perfect for those on a budget or those who find most pocket/day nappies dont QUITE cut it overnight. Its nice to be able to have a part way customisable nappy in that you can choose the fleece inner from several cute types and then also choose the popper colour too.

Overall marks out of 10.
9/10
Wont suit EVERY baby but along with the Tots Bots Stretchies are the very best place to start ventures into the world of night nappies. I have been very impressed with them and certainly recommend them.

WeeNotions Night Notions
https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=270&zenid=hhaf4c763jhku2lpipmqvd0cu2

Style
A mixture of pocket and snap in. Side snap. Sized (medium 15-25lbs large 20-35lbs)
REQUIRES A WRAP

Absorbency
10/10
Its SO absorbent we dont actually use the folded towelling that goes into the pocket as we dont need it! Bamboo up to your eyeballs and back again! Not had one leak of wee or poop and my LO is still below the lowest weight and therefore we have leggape, its just SO absorbent nothing has anytime to REACH the leggape to escape!

Ease of use
9/10
Not hard but can be a little bit confusing the first time you put it together, of course that could just be my poor frazzled brain playing tricks on me!

Drying time
9/10
Impressive for an entirely bamboo based nappy. Because all the boosters come out and fold out it means you are left with just very thin layers, result is something that will dry very quickly considering the material used. Will dry during the day in a warm room or hung out on a line in fair weather.

Design
10/10
Brilliant. The pocket in the nappy allows you to add as much boosting as you could possibly need for a heavy wetter and it also allows you to remove boosting for a light wetter to reduce the bulkiness of the nappy. You can use it without the insert in the pocket or without the lay on snap in booster due to the way the nappy is lined.
As with all WeeNotions nappies the choice of colour and fabric is immense, I have bamboo, minkee and cotton outer Night Notions and I love them all. There is something to suit everyone and you will never have two nappies the same if you choose not too!

Value for Money
10/10
Slightly more expensive that the Stretchies and bumhuggers but not by much. Represents BRILLIANT value for money considering absorbency and design (pretty colours!)

Overall marks out of 10
10/10 (11/10 if I could!)
Love them, love them, love them. Its always a battle at night between my stretchies and my WNNN...it can take me some time to decide! We have been using WNNN since Theo was around 12lbs even though the lower weight limit is 15lbs, no problems so if your LO is only a couple of lbs off and you are struggling for night nappies give them a whorl, you may be very suprised, they are generously sized in the waist and have a fantastic rise, perfect for boys.
Highly recommended, especially for those with heavy wetters and babies who sleep 12+ hours at night.

Holdens Landing Bedbug/Dreamscape
https://www.holdenslanding.com/pages.php?T=ourproducts

Style
Fitted Nappy with lay in inserts. Comes in Newborn (up to 10lb) Small (7-15lb) Medium (10-20) M/L (15-30lb) Toddler (30lb+)
REQUIRES A WRAP

Absorbency
8/10
It works very well for our LO but I can envisage some people with very heavy wetters would struggle and there isnt really scope for extra boosting. We have had no leaks and often the front of the nappy is dry to touch in the morning after a good 12 hours of wear.

Ease of use
7/10
The lay in boosters can be a bit of a pain to sort out and getting the fit 100% on baby can take a minute or two of adjustment. If I were to buy new from HL I would request the boosters converted to snap-in as per the day nappies, would make life simpler and avoid the risk of boosters getting mixed up in the wash.

Drying time
6/10
AGES! If you need quick drying nappies then these are NOT for you. Even in a tumble dryer the outer takes a fair while to dry and needs to be turned inside out else the area around the leg elastic will stay damp. They are better left to hang dry overnight and then throw in the tumble dryer with your next nappy wash. They are not ideal to have if you have no drier as can hang dry somewhat stiff.

Design
9/10
Aside from the problems mentioned above the design is very good. They fit nicely, they have a lovely high rise, sit snuggly round the leg right from the bottom of the weight range (but you may find they dont fit before you baby is the right weight so dont buy big!) and they dont leak. My reservations about the drying time and lay in boosters are insignificant when considered against the overall design and performance. The range of colours and embroidery is mind blowing, they are beautifully dyed and the dreamscapes are simply divine. The ability to choose various combinations of fabrics also make them suited to most peoples preferences.

Value for Money
6/10 bedbugs 8/10 dreamscapes
The difference is because the beautiful embroidery is so affordable ontop of the standard bedbug price! They ARE expensive £21-£26 without embroidery and I question this sort of outlay when compared to WNNN, Stretchies and Bumhuggers at half the price but when you add on the embroidery the reason for buying becomes perfectly clear!

Overall marks out of 10
7/10
Pains me to only give it 7/10 but in all honesty when compared to others it just doesnt QUITE match up when you factor in how much more money it costs to buy. I DO like them and I DO use them but I reach for them AFTER the stretchies and WNNN.
The fact that they take a long time to dry and arent really suited for people who dont have tumble driers does come into the score and also they do seem to be prone to fading and becoming much less soft fairly quickly. Buying them preloved is not always the better option!

Holdens Landing Fitted Day
https://www.holdenslanding.com/pages.php?T=ourproducts

Style
Fitted Side Snap Day Nappy with snap in absorbent layers
REQUIRES A WRAP

Absorbency
9/10
Brill for a day nappy. Happily go 4 hours for my LO with a wrap on. We often use them without wraps and change after 2 hours, wouldnt be able to do this with heavy wetters but its a great bonus that we can for our LO as it shows off these lovely nappies!

Ease of use
9/10
Nice and simple, snap the boosters into the back, put it on and wrap over the top...tada!

Drying Time
10/10
Dries super quick, all thin layers, the booster is in two parts. Easily dries overnight. Can be washed in the morning and worn by the evening in most cases.

Design
10/10
Great! Lovely High rise, sits SO well between the legs and is VERY slim fitting. I LOVE these nappies, I can barely wait to get them out the wash and dry before using them again, they just sit so nicely and do just a good job. The colours and prints that are available again its just mindblowing! We have cotton printed outers and love them, they come in so many styles and prints and for once as many boy suitable ones as girl...hoorah!

Value For Money
8/10
At £18 to £21.50 new depending on size they arent cheap BUT they can be bought preloved (esp the cotton outers) without the problems I associate with buying bedbugs/dreamscapes preloved. The cotton outer ones especially seem to wear very well and can be bought for £10-£15 preloved. Even though they are fairly expensive new I would pay the price for them because they WORK.

Overall Marks Out of 10
9/10
They are the ONLY day fitted nappies I have....thats how much I rate them. I couple them with a funky Blueberry wrap and away we go. Dont be put off by them needing a wrap and covering up your pretty prints, they are still worth it for fit and performance!

BlueBerry Side Snap
https://www.babykind.co.uk/blueberrypocket.htm

Style
Sized Side Snap Pocket. Available in Small (8-16lb) Medium (12-25lb) and Large (22-40lb)

Absorbency
9/10
Mostly good. Will do any stretch required during the daytime, easily manages 4 hours.

Ease of use
9/10
Very easy. Insert just folds in half and into the pocket and thats it. My OH doesnt like the poppers but this is one of the easiest side snapping nappies to fit in my experience.

Drying Time
8/10
The outers dry very quickly, hang dry in an hour or two. Can be reused very quickly with a different insert. The inserts take slightly longer to dry but do dry in 4-5 hours in a warm room or on a line on a fine day. Tumble very quickly.

Design
9/10
Infinitely better than the BTP. because the inserts are sized they arent as bulky and therefore the nappy sits better. They are a fantastic fit on my LO, not as high rise as some but this hasnt proved a problem at all. I actually like that the popper wings arent as long, it means I dont end up with annoying wing overlap in the middle of the nappy at the front which can lead to the front of the nappy looking bulky or even leakage....therefore we much prefer these side snappers when at the lower end of a weight range when they need to be on the tightest snaps.
The colours and minky are beautiful as to be expected of Blueberrys. Again the fleece inner looks worn far too fast for my liking. When will they switch to suedecloth to keep these nappies looking beautiful inside AND out?!

Value For Money
7/10
If only they werent so expensive! Over £20 each they are on the highest end for sized nappies, however I actually feel the sized provide better value your money than the BTP versions....am I crackers? No! Its just that the sized versions fit better, they are slimmer and faster drying too and have equally good resale value so you can buy the next size up.

Overall Marks out of 10
8/10
Streaks ahead of the BTP version. If you love BB prints then go for the sized, especially on a small baby. Leave the BTP Blueberry nappies for much later (if at all!) I promise you wont regret it!

The Raven Tree Spartan Night Nappy/ Pure Luxury Spartan
https://hyenacart.com/TheRavenTree/index.php?c=0&p=92736

The diaper shell is comprised of a bamboo velour inner and outer, with a hidden layer of bamboo fleece. The diaper is completely turned and topstitched for baby's comfort, and the leg elastic is hidden under several layers of fabric.

Included is a trifold soaker with bamboo velour top, also embellished in the same decorative stitching. There is hidden Zorb in the center of the trifold, and you will also receive a snap in Zorb/bamboo doubler

Style
One size, but there is a newborn one available for smaller babies
needs a wrap

Absorbency
10/10
couldnt fault it, the lady i bought mine off only used it once, so its only been washed once and it held from 8pm till 9 am, could of got longer as it was only just damp, the wrap was bone dry

Ease of use
8/10
the one i have has a trifold and an inner booster which was fiddley to position without it popping out of the front, took a few mins to sort out properly, there is also a contour inner available (i have one on order :p)

Drying Time
TO BE ADDED

Design
9/10
Theres nothing really frilly about it, its one standard colour, which is the natural OBV, the snaps are usually coloured boy/girl/GN and they have just started adding coloured fancy stitching so add a bit of colour to it.
It is lovely though, so squidgy and soft and really trim

Value For Money
8/10
more absorbant than my bedbugs (and they cost me £26 approx) to buy direct it came to about £22, to buy preloved but used once £20
they are pretty fab though

Overall Marks out of 10
8/10
id highly recommend it, its lovely and trim and super absorbant, what more dya want from a night nappy

Kawaii Baby BTP "Snazzy One Size Minky"

www.theluvyourbaby.com

Style
Birth to Potty

Absorbency
10/10 - I can get away with almost 4 hours with Claire on ONE LINER. She's a crazy heavy wetter so this is amazing for us!

Ease of use
10/10 - Super easy. Stuff with the liner, and put on your baby! They run large, which is a godsend as Claire is a porkchop. :shy:

Drying Time
10/10 - Haven't had anything to complain about, really.

Design
9/10 - Some seem to have different Aplix tabs than the others. The ones with the rounded tabs work SO much better for Claire, yet when I've ordered some that were shown with the rounded tabs I ended up receiving the square tabs. Not really a deal breaker, but kind of annoying.

Value For Money
11/10 ( :haha: ) - These diapers are super cost effective! They only cost $7 CDN to buy brand new with two super thick, super absorbent liners, where BGs and whatnot cost almost TRIPLE to what these do. Its insane. Even if they only last me a year, its still worth it IMO. So far they've held up for washings and whatnot, I'm super impressed!

Overall Marks out of 10
10/10 - The tabs are a personal thing and not everyone will feel about them as I do. Great value for money, they hold up well and honestly I couldn't ask for a better diaper.

:thumbup:

Mini La-La
https://www.minilala.com.au

Style
BTP Pocket

Absorbency
10/10
After several normal wears I decided to put this nappy to the test and put the lala on him at 9am and went up to the horses where Theo was in his Moby whilst we were in the fields. I almost caved and changed him when I got back to the car around 11:30 but was determined to give it the full test and only changed him at close to 1pm as he decided to do a poo well outside normal poop hours. The nappy not only held a full mornings pee but also a pooplosion with no problems whatsoever. Not even a HINT of a leak and his skin was completely dry.

Ease of use
9/10
Just because it took me a little while to figure out the inserts! I frowned at the poppers and couldnt quite get how to sort it so it laid flat but once I check out thier website it wasnt really all that complicated, not bloke proof though!

Drying Time
9/10
Giving nine because it doesnt dry as fast as some other bamboo inserts I have BUT I hung this up to dry in the morning and it was dry by late evening, around 8 hours hang dry indoors with no radiators on. Fairly impressive! The outer also dries quickly for a cotton nappy, some of my other cotton outers take somewhat longer to dry. Its worth noting that the inserts to these nappies dry lovely and soft when hung. This would be a massive advantage to someone without a tumble drier.

Design
10/10
Lovely aplix, lovely designs, great inserts, fits beautifully and for a BTP is super, SUPER slim (compares favourably to Flips) with a lot of pee holding capacity. I would love to see more boyish designs available in the UK as there is some limit to ones suitable for boys and they sell out quickly when in stock. The laundry tabs are good ones and hold the aplix well through washing and rinsing no problems. The liner is lovely, really keeps babys bum super dry and doesnt wear like fleece so your nappy will look newer for longer.

Value For Money
9/10
At face value they are higher on the price range than some other BTPs however they do represent value. The sizings seem good and it appears they will fit a wide range of shapes. They are so slim they are ideal for under clothes in winter and for showing off under skirts/with just T shirts in summer. As they are fast drying they can be reused quickly even by those who dont have tumble driers.

Overall Marks out of 10
10/10
If only there were more boyish patterns these would be made to be one of my main day nappies. I love that they 'look' expensive and the patterns are so unusual. The slimness is really the biggest selling point, they are as slim as Ittis and Flips and beat other BTP pockets hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->