The Cloth Nappy & Wipes Review Thread

Bump! This was really useful!

I'm considering Bambino Mio nappies - anyone have any experience of them?

I think there should deff be a cloth nappy review thread as a sticky, it might be an idea if a new one is started and say every week a new nappy is reviewed and in that week everyone can put in their review good or bad, might give a broader picture then just 1 person at a time.

Yeah I think this is a good idea :)

Itti bitti d'lish snap in one (SIO)
https://ittibitti.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116_120

Style - Snap In One.
Snap In One basically means the insert and liners come with colour coded poppers to attach to the fluffy outer. Handy for clueless daddies and mummies new to cloth nappies to get into the swing of things.

Absorbency

8/10

I've yet to have a urine leak but they're not great at containing explosive baby poops. That said, I've yet to find a nappy that is. I wouldn't use them over night, however, as there is only so much they can stand to take and more than one booster would be too bulky for the nappy.

Ease of use

10/10

It couldn't be easier. With colour coded poppers you snap in your booster and liner and away you go, nice and secure.

Drying time

8/10

Best to leave overnight for the inserts to dry. Not a problem if you have plenty of nappies or are good at planning ahead but a bit of a hassle otherwise.

Design

11/10 :lol:

They're gorgeous! The range of colours are vibrant, the minky outer is soft and fluffy... so cute. The fit is excellent, pretty much perfect for a popper nappy.

Value for Money

9/10

For how gorgeous they look and how easy to use they are, they're worth every penny and more. A great all rounder.

Overall marks out of 10

9/10

An essential for any fluffy stash.

I've asked if we could make this a sticky on the condition we keep it up to date and no chat :flower:

Lollipop Rainbow Pocket Nappy

https://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/shop/images/Lollipop/Rainbow_Nappies.jpg

Style - Sized Pocket - comes with 2 inserts
Size 1 - 6-12 lbs & Size 2 12-18 lbs

Absorbency

9/10

Never had any wee leaking but not had to deal with a dirt nappy yet so that's why I gave it a nine.

Ease of use

10/10

Easy to use, just velcro tabs and stuff the pocket.

Drying time

8/10

They take a bit longer than normal pockets to dry maybe because they are fleecy on the inside and out so water gets stuck in the middle but not too long. The inserts dry quickly - a couple of hours on the radiator the outers I would probs leave over night.

Design

9/10

They are nice and colourful and soft and fleecy on the outside but they only come in rainbow stripes so not much choice.

Value for Money

10/10

I got these 5 for £30 so no complaints about price and how they are standing up.

Overall marks out of 10

8/10

I've givin it 8 as they are quite bulky in comparison to other pockets and there isn't much choice excep rainbow stripes but over all a really easy and reliable nappy to use.

Issy Bear minky
https://www.issybearnappies.com.au/nappies/minky_baby_nappies.html

Style

Issy bears are BTP pocket nappies. They come in a choice of poppers or aplix.

Absorbency

10/10

As soon as I put it on her, she did the massivest, most explosive poop she's ever done and... it's the very first nappy in the whole wide world that has managed to contain it! Hurrah! As for urine, one wash and it's already very absorbent. No leaks as yet.

Ease of use

9/10

Other than fiddling with poppers to adjust for baby's height, as with any BTP, it's very straightforward. On, off, wash.

Drying time

9/10

The insert does take a little while, it took 4/5 hours on a full heat radiator. Not bad though, just enough time for baby to another nappy or insert.

Design

12/10 (Had to beat the itti! :lol:)

They're stunning... a wide range of funky designs, silky soft minky outer and a soft fleecy inner. Very vibrant, eye catching, colours. I also have it on good authority that one of these designs is indistinguishable from a similar blueberry design when in popper mode... cheaper too. Oooh.

Only drawback is that, being BTP, they are a touch on the bulky side but hey ho... who can resist a fat fluffy bum? :cloud9:

Value for Money

10/10

A bargain. The best nappy I own by far. I'll be getting lots of these. Molly has never been so comfortable!

Overall marks out of 10

10/10

I can't really fault it... to me, it's perfect.

Little Lamb Original Cotton nappies www.littlelamb.co.uk

Style - Terry cotton, sized nappy (needs a wrap over the top)

Absorbancy - 9/10 - I find this nappy is really absorbant on Dom, although I am using the add in boosters that came with the set, and have done since he first started using them. Ive been using them since Dom was 4 weeks old and only had a couple of leaks in all that time!

Ease of use - 9/10 - Really easy, just fold the booster in half, put in the nappy with fleece liner on top then put the nappy on! Mine are velcro/applix closure so super easy to use. They can also come without velcro/applix - these nappies need a nappy nippa to close them.

Drying time - 9/10 - I leave mine on the airer for 24 hours, then pop in the tumble dryer for 15 minutes to soften up as they can get a bit 'crunchy' (I live in a very hard water area) Or leave on the washing line for the day then put in dryer to soften up.

Design - 8/10 - In all honesty, they are a bit boring. They could do with some colour to them, although you could dye them yourself if you wanted too. They need a wrap to go over the top of them you don't actually see the nappy anyway, im probably just being fussy :laugh2:

Value for Money - 9/10 - A very reasonably priced nappy thats a brilliant starting place for those who are new to cloth nappying.

Overall marks out of 10 - 10/10

Bambino Mio

Style

2 part system, wrap and prefold. Wraps are sized from newborn to XL and prefolds sized 1 and 2.

Absorbency

6-7/10

I've had to mark these 6-7 out of 10 simply because they're not absorbant as other nappies on the market but for a prefold they are pretty good and we've only had 1/2 leaks.

Ease of use

7/10

I was lucky and managed to find a good fold the first time, however there are many different types of folds you can do and it can become a little confusing, a degree in art with some of the folds may help! Ironing the nappies can also help folding.

I found these videos helpful; https://www.bambinomio.com/v06/nap/usr.cgi

Drying time

7/10

Not bad, prefolds take about a day to air dry in a warm room or a couple of hours on radiator or out in the sun.

Design

7/10

Ok again 7 out of 10 for the wraps. There is a limited range of them but at least they attempted to jazz up they're wraps and you can buy plain whites ones, star ones, spotty ones and farm print.

Value for Money

8/10

12 prefolds and a couple of wraps averaging RRP £50 makes them a nice starting out nappy IMO, a good way to start building a stash

Overall marks out of 10

7/10

Itti Bitti D'lish SIO (Snap-In One)

Style
Sized All in One with poppered inserts, colour coded for ease of use with Minky outer.

Absorbency
7/10
Copes very well with pee but can struggle with breastfeeding poo and wouldnt be ideal for heavy wetters or for nighttime use.

Ease Of Use
10/10
Even my clueless OH can work these nappies, no chance of getting the inserts wrong as its all colour coded.

Drying time
8/10
Outer dries very quickly, inserts take a while when hung dry on a rack, however drying time can be cut by putting inserts directly onto/over a radiator and they tumble dry very quickly. Benefits being the outers can be reused with a spare set of inserts within around an hour of washing.

Design
8/10
Can be a little 'stiff', fits very well between the legs, lovely minky feel in a great variety of colours suitable for both sexes. The popper settings could use a little 'work' quite often too short for babies getting towards the upper end of the weight limit. Fairly slim fitting and therefore ideal for newborns and very small babies.

Value for Money
9/10
Respresent good value for money, appear expensive as there is a need to buy seperate sizes but have very good resale value and are very beautiful nappies for the price. Can be made even better value by the purchase of extra snap in sets to use whilst others dry.

Overall marks out of 10
8/10

Overall an essential to any nappy stash. Ideal as a day nappy and great for showing off cute fluffy bums!

Itti Bitti D'lish SIO (Snap-In One)

Style
Sized All in One with poppered inserts, colour coded for ease of use with Minky outer.

Absorbency
7/10
Copes very well with pee but can struggle with breastfeeding poo and wouldnt be ideal for heavy wetters or for nighttime use.

Ease Of Use
10/10
Even my clueless OH can work these nappies, no chance of getting the inserts wrong as its all colour coded.

Drying time
8/10
Outer dries very quickly, inserts take a while when hung dry on a rack, however drying time can be cut by putting inserts directly onto/over a radiator and they tumble dry very quickly. Benefits being the outers can be reused with a spare set of inserts within around an hour of washing.

Design
8/10
Can be a little 'stiff', fits very well between the legs, lovely minky feel in a great variety of colours suitable for both sexes. The popper settings could use a little 'work' quite often too short for babies getting towards the upper end of the weight limit. Fairly slim fitting and therefore ideal for newborns and very small babies.

Value for Money
9/10
Respresent good value for money, appear expensive as there is a need to buy seperate sizes but have very good resale value and are very beautiful nappies for the price. Can be made even better value by the purchase of extra snap in sets to use whilst others dry.

Overall marks out of 10
8/10

Overall an essential to any nappy stash. Ideal as a day nappy and great for showing off cute fluffy bums!

Itti Bitti D'lish AIO (All In One)
https://ittibitti.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116_121

Style
All In One with the ability to add an extra snap in booster if required.

Absorbency
8/10
Performs well with regards wet, can struggle with explosive breastfeeding poop but mostly holds up well. Would be fine for a heavy wetter with the addition of a bamboo mini booster but would not hold up as a night nappy for most

Ease Of Use
10/10
Very simple all in one design, requires no effort or thought, complete nappy novice could manage this very easily. Colour coded mini booster poppers again for ease of use.

Drying time
8/10
Dries very quickly for an AIO, impressive drying time considering number of layers. Dries in a few hours when hung over/near a radiator and dries very quickly when tumbled on low heat.

Design
8/10
Soft, slim and fits beautifully. Lovely colour range. Ideal for newborns and small babies as it is non bulky between the legs. Downside is the poppered waist can be a bit 'short' for babies towards the upper weight limit but this isnt a reason not to have them!

Value for Money
9/10
Respresent good value for money, appear expensive as there is a need to buy seperate sizes but have very good resale value and are very beautiful nappies for the price. Work out slightly more expensive than SIO Ittis but in my opinion AIOs are the better option.

Overall marks out of 10
9/10

For my LO the AIOs outperformed the SIO, I prefer the 'softer' feel and I found for my little boy they are more absorbent.

The Pop-In Original (bamboo) by Close Parent
https://www.closeparent.com/Default.aspx?tabid=148

Style
Birth To Potty All In One type with popper in inserts

Absorbency
9/10
Excellent! Easily lasts all night for my LO regardless of how wet he is and always contains his explosive morning poo. Not had any leaks from this nappy whatsoever.

Ease Of Use
9/10
Pains me not to give it 10/10 BUT the fitting of the Dream Dri insert is confusing! The nappy itself is very easy to use and self explainitory, you cant popper the inserts in wrongly

Drying time
8/10
The outer dries very very quickly but as the inserts are bamboo they do take longer often needing overnight on a rack or several hours on a radiator, however they tumble dry quickly.

Design
9/10
All Unisex colours which we REALLY like, the fact that the inserts pop out for ease of washing and drying we also really like, cuts down on drying time significantly compared to other bamboo nappies. The ability to add in the Dream Dri is a big bonus, though I cant yet see a time when we will need to use it as they are so absorbent as it is. The downsides are that all these layers tend to make it fairly bulky and therefore it may be too bulky for smaller babies and newborns, however we used them from birth on my LO who was born 9lb and although bulky I would not consider them 'too bulky' for his weight.

Value for Money
9/10
Compared to many other birth to potty nappies these represent VERY good value and have fair to good resale value.

Overall marks out of 10
9/10

If I could change anything it would be that these nappies were available in 'funky' colours. They are (in conjunction with the Pop In Dream dri) my favorite nappies by a mile and they are always the ones we reach for first. I would highly recommend them, even if they arent the prettiest they are practical and functional.

Bamboo baby Beehinds www.babybeehinds.eu

Style - Bamboo/cotton birth to potty nappy, that needs a wrap

Absorbancy - 10/10 - A really really absorbant nappy! I used these as night nappies for Dom and they easily last 12 hours on him. They do need prewashing a few times before they get up to full absorbancy though.

Ease of use - 9/10 - Very easy to use. The nappy has 2 inserts which popper inside - 1 long one and one short one. You then fasten the nappy with poppers.

Drying time - 6/10 - As this nappy is made predominantly of bamboo is takes quite a long time to dry. Probably 48 hours on an airer then needs a quick tumble to finish it off. It can go a bit stiff if its been on an airer or out on the line, so just pop it in the dryer will help to soften it up.

Design - 9/10 - These are a great fit on Dom, and I don't find them that bulky. That being said, I don't think they would last him until potty training (they definatly wouldn't fit Harrison) so thats a bit of a pain. They also only come in white - however they used to come in colours so you can get preloved coloured ones.

Value for Money - 9/10 - These are quite good value for money (especially if you can get them preloved), although even though they are marketed as a birth to potty nappy, I don't think they would fit for that long.

Overall marks out of 10 - 9/10 - A very easy to use, super absorbant nappy!

Cushie Tushie Couture
https://www.cushietushies.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

Style
All In One; snap in booster and a spare smaller booster

Absorbency
9/10
really absorbant, lasted a good few hours and no leakage or wicking

Ease Of Use
10/10
Put it on, take it off, its that simple
but its a one size nappy so may not suit certain shapes

Drying time
8/10
i dry over night on airers over radiators, so i never really had to time them but ive heard from others that they take forever to dry

Design
8/10
lovely minkee prints, theres some really pretty ones, all nice and soft
in comparison to my ittis, their bigger, squarer, but this could be because they are a 1 size

Value for Money
7/10
although the absorbancy is great, and they are super cute nappies; i think the prices are extortionate, id rather get an itti

Overall marks out of 10
8/10

Muttaqin 3 step rise
https://www.muttaqinbaby.com/diapers.html

Style
fitted btp

Absorbency
10/10
holds a whole lotta pee lol also contained explosive poop very well

Ease Of Use
8/10
bit fiddley to find the right settings for aimee but im not a huge fan of btp because of the popper settings lol

Drying time
8/10
took about 4 hours over a radiator

Design
9/10
absolutley adorable design and beautiful prints, Aimees bum didnt look mahoosive :haha:

Value for Money
10/10
great absorbancy and design

Overall marks out of 10
10/10

Wild Child Dreamy Night Nappy

Style
fitted standard size, meant to fit all sizes, though they do a plus size for bigger babies.

Absorbency

10/10
holds a whole lotta pee

Ease Of Use

8/10
can be awkward to find the right fit with the boosters without getting leg gape,
i removed 2 of the boosters and it was a little gapey but she didnt pee out of the sides, the nappy was really wet in the morning but not dripping or leaking.
i used it with a pul wrap, i think it would have wet the fleece wrap though

Drying time
8/10
takes a while to dry

Design
10/10
lovely dye print, the piggyback booster system is alright, add and remove boosters to suit, but if i used all boosters i think she'd pee through the gigantic leg gape.

Value for Money
8/10
i dont think it was worth the £25 it came to with postage, but its a good night nappy, i think my bedbugs hold up better

Overall marks out of 10
8/10 due to gapey legs because of the boosters

Holdens Landing Bedbug

Style
Fitted night nappy m/l

Absorbency
10/10
was slightly damp in the morning; when used with fleece wrap, the fleece is dry

Ease Of Use
10/10
side snaps, really easy to use, you get 2 booster pads which work brilliantly

Drying time
9/10
i dry them over night and then bang them in the dryer for 10 mins to soften up

Design
10/10
i love these nappies, theres a built in mf core (if getting a custom you can ask for boy or girl placement otherwise its gn) plus the 2 boosters
outers can be obv or oc, dyed or plain or patterend (cotton)

Value for Money
10/10
you can pick these up preloved for £15 ish or if you want a custom, depending on what you have done mine came to £26 including international postage which is fantastic considering what some of the stores over here sell them for.
these are a fantastic night nappy, i love em

Overall marks out of 10
10/10

Blueberry Minky Pocket
https://www.blueberrydiapers.com/Products

Style Pocket Birth To Potty

Absorbency
8/10
On the whole good, would and does manage nights on lighter wetters, absoluetly up to the job as a day nappy.

Ease Of Use
9/10
Popper the insert to the right length and stuff the pocket...lovely.

Drying time
8/10
The hemp on the insert takes some time but the drying time is outweighed by the absorbency of the hemp. The outer dries super quickly hung anywhere, could easily be reused promptly after washing with the use of another insert.

Design
6/10
Beautiful colours, soft and pretty as anything. I have some complaints about the bulk, I feel they could be made to be less bulky, they are the bulkiest nappies I have. Hate the insert, hemp and mircofibre...more hemp less microfibre please, its these that are responsible for the bulk.
Needs better wash keepers for the aplix, its always the blueberrys that come loose in the wash and stick to everything which is VERY annoying.
Also needs to be mentioned that the aplix fastenings wear BADLY and they end up looking mighty scruffy very quickly....the popper ones fair better. The fleece inner also bobbles and wears faster than other makes.

Value for Money
5/10
Lets be honest, they are expensive. Cute yes but there are other nappy brands out there that are less bulky, perform as well/better can be embroidered/are funky colours and cost less or the same as a Blueberry.....

Overall marks out of 10
7/10

Blueberry Minky Pockets have their good points, I have a fair few and I like them but I prefer to buy them preloved and I would NOT pay full price for one (all my new ones were under £18 each!)

AppleCheeks

Website

https://x13.xanga.com/158f7afb22332264329175/m210751797.jpg

Style
Pocket, comes in 2 sizes

Absorbency
9/10
I ordered the Bamboo liner instead of the hemp, very true that you need to wash the bamboo liners a few times before they get to their top absorbency.

Ease Of Use
8/10
Velcro works better for Claire, but I know of many people who love having the snaps (poppers) on their diapers. Doesn't get much easier than this! Fold up the liner, put it in the diaper and you're done! AppleCheeks are designed to come apart in the wash, so you don't have to unstuff them before you put them in the pail. I was skeptical, but it is true! The liner comes out while washing.

Drying time
9/10
Even air drying it didn't take long at all. I always dry my liners in the dryer, but I hang dry the outers.

Design
9/10
The only thing I dislike are the snaps! Fit very trim, had some friends not believe me when I said she was in cloth while looking at her. The fleece is super soft and Claire's bum is always dry when I go to change her.

Value for Money
10/10

I bought the Mini-Cheeks trial kit: 3 Bamboo Liners and an outer pocket. Its held up well with washing, and they do fit on her great! The only thing I dislike is having to fold the liners rather than having them in a big pad (like the BGs) but thats a personal preference.

Overall marks out of 10

9/10 Very happy with them! By far my fave diaper. :D

Wild Child - Workhorse
https://shop.wildchildnappies.com.au/

Style
Sized SIO

Absorbency
10/10
As it used the piggy back booster system you can snap in up to 14 layers without compromising on good fit around the thighs.

Ease Of Use
10/10
Snap booster in, snap poppers around baby's waist and away you go.

Drying time
9/10
A respectable 5/6 hours on an airer.

Design
9/10
In terms of functionality, I'm incredibly impressed with the lack of leg gape but a minor stumbling block would be that the booster system is a little on the slim side (in terms of width, rather than depth) so explosive poops DEFINITELY need a wider liner to stop it gather on the microfleece inner.

In terms of aesthetics, the laminated minkies are ultra soft and strokeable but the colour range is a touch boring. We've been spoiled by other nappies in the WC range.

Value for Money
10/10
Brand new, they're £15 from Jabula. Less from WC themselves but shipping makes it more pricey.

Overall marks out of 10
10 - any issues I have with the workhorse are teeny, so much so that these are definitely well on their way to being my main, staple nappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->