The Crafty Corner

I am very very new to all crafts but have been dealing with stress recently so decided to learn how to knit and sew to relax. Here are some of my efforts:

A cardy and hat for my friend who's having a little girl soon. A handbag and loads of teeny hats I made for the Innocent smoothies and age concern big knit campaign.

Attachments

• cardy n hat.jpg
    cardy n hat.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
  • handbag.jpg
    handbag.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • little hats.jpg
    little hats.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 13
I am very very new to all crafts but have been dealing with stress recently so decided to learn how to knit and sew to relax. Here are some of my efforts:

A cardy and hat for my friend who's having a little girl soon. A handbag and loads of teeny hats I made for the Innocent smoothies and age concern big knit campaign.

wow :D what great work x

Thank you! I'm still learning have only had a sewing machine for a month and a half and started learning to knit from e-how and books about 4 weeks ago. I really want to get good at it so that when it finally happens and I have kids of my own I'll have a valuable skill to teach them.

hi girlies :D ive just found this group, i have made loads for my babies, too much to show on here lol, here is a hat i made today though :D

x

Attachments

• Photo-0287.jpg
    Photo-0287.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 5
Ah princessellie - that hat is adorable! (as is Naomie)

Is it really hard to crochet? I've always loved the look of it, but I'm pretty useless at knitting (can just about knock up a scarf :haha:) and have always thought that crocheting looks loads harder.

no it not difficult at all, i taught myself off the internet, if you want to learn i would suggest looking on youtube for how to make a granny square, you can make a big blanket and by the end of it you'll be a master crocheter :) thats how i did it and im pretty good now if i do say so myself :winkwink:

x

Thanks hun. Went and got some yarn and a hook to practice with - not going so great! Watched a few YouTube vids but I still can't get it right, looks wonky! I think I'm putting my hook throughout the wrong hole/s when I'm doing the double stitch

Will persevere!

which stitch you trying to do? hang on, will find you the video i learned off :)

x

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bethintx1#p/u/194/hVBnFHGbeK4

right, go to the bottom of all of her videos and she has lessons on how to crochet, shes really good, thats the one i learned off :) x

Thank you - I'm a dunce, I was only doing 2 double crochet stitches in the corners instead of 3, so it was more of a circle!

Still not perfect, but at least it's more square-like now. I bought quite chunky wool, which doesn't help!

yeh itll make it harder to see each stitch aswell, you'll get there, just keep practicing, and if you dont get something just pm me and i'll try and help :)

x

Finally think I've sussed it. Still not perfect, but it resembles a granny square! Thanks for your help princessellie. I'll have to try some basic patterns soon, still got a couple of Mei Tais to sew first. My list of projects I want to do keeps getting longer and longer, but there are not enough hours in the day!

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/45ba9cfa.jpg

looks good! I can't crochet at all. must follow the you tube links and give it a go again!

that looks really good :thumbup:

ive just made these :D theyre to match with a halloween top i bought leyla last year that is now for naomie, not her actual halloween outfit but for her to wear today just cos :D

x

Attachments

• Photo-0287.jpg
    Photo-0287.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo-0286.jpg
    Photo-0286.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
They are so cute! I should really make trousers for M, we really struggle to get them to fit, 1) because she's a little fatty!, and 2) because of her cloth nappies.

Tiggertea- definitely try the link that Princessellie put up, a lot clearer than some of the others x

Finally think I've sussed it. Still not perfect, but it resembles a granny square! Thanks for your help princessellie. I'll have to try some basic patterns soon, still got a couple of Mei Tais to sew first. My list of projects I want to do keeps getting longer and longer, but there are not enough hours in the day!

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/45ba9cfa.jpg

it looks great.:happydance:

They are so cute! I should really make trousers for M, we really struggle to get them to fit, 1) because she's a little fatty!, and 2) because of her cloth nappies.

Tiggertea- definitely try the link that Princessellie put up, a lot clearer than some of the others x

we have that problem too :dohh: i usually just go up a size in trousers but since leyla's got so big the rise has got to the point where it starts going down again cos apparently kids are meant to be potty trained by 2 haha, shes in 12-18tops but i have her in 2-3 trousers and even most of those dont fit over her nappies :dohh:

x

Cloth bums can be a pain in the bum! M is in 9-12 now, just have to roll the legs up. I think 12-18 would be a better fit around the bum, but would be massive around the waist and legs! She's on the 95th centile, so is a big girl anyway :)

M has decided that my granny square is a good chew toy :dohh:

Spent last night watching the X Factor and started the straps for my friend's Mei Tai. I'll post pics when it's finished, I'm so excited to see how it looks as the fabric I've got for the front panel is so cute!

I made a case for my Kindle last night. will post some pics later (if I forget, please hit me a kick!)

Tigertea - I'd love to see a pic. IH is getting him mum a Kindle for Xmas, but I'd never even thought about making a case for it.

Well here is the Mei Tai I made for my friend (not quite finished, still got pins in the waist, but I forgot to get a pic when I was done)
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/818dcaa7.jpg

And princessellie - I took inspiration from your LO's hat and made one for M, I tried doing the ear flaps but got in a muddle as I'd made the hat/flaps bigger. So I gave up and stuck a bobble on top instead! Sorry for the huge pics, I can't resize them on my phone
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/4ac3d67b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"