The day before

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
This day last year was the day before my baby was born, it was a Sunday and the weather was not to bad.

I was just wondering what you were all doing "THE DAY BEFORE"
Heres what I was up to

We went out for dinner at around 2pm, it was great I had peppered chicken with bannoffe to follow (yum). After dinner we went for a little walk, not to far after all I was 9 months pregnant!!! We got home at around 5.30pm after going to Tescos to get me some sweets (I had awful cravings for sweets).
I sat and ate a whole pack (family pack) of Haribo fangs. Went to bed at around 9pm and was woke again at 12am with my waters breaking. Then at 3.35am my brand new bubba was born weighing a perfect 7lbs 3ozs, 52cms long and head circum. 35cms, all brand new and screaming his little heart out, he only stopped crying to pee on the midwife :rofl: who seemed to be pleased he did she said it was good luck for her.

So come on everyone lets know what you were up to "the day before"

I think me and my bump were at home...watching television...nervous and shit scared as i was 2 weeks late and had the induction next day!...the what do you know the next morning my waters broke...who thought i would have to wait another 40hours to meet him :) xx

we kept taking rhys out at the weekends saying 'this could be our last weekend just us 3' in the end i went 2 weeks over! :rofl: on the day i was induced colin went to work and i cleaned the house,did some food shopping and then we went and dropped rhys off at his brothers before heading to the hospital.

I'm going to cheat, Chloe was born at 1:33 am on wednesday so I'll tell about the monday- it's much more interesting!

I thought my waters had been leaking since the thursday before but mw told me they werent.

Mark left me in bed and went to work at 8:30. At 11:00 I phoned him and said I was worried as changing a soggy pad every 30 mins so I was phoning labour ward.
Phoned and was told in no uncertain terms I was being silly, it was discharge. I told them I wanted them to check again. Mark came home at lunchtime and took me to the hospital at 2pm. Midwife did internal and 'cough test' all the time complaining I was wasting my time it was discharge, she did the test on friday, blah blah. Her face was a picture when she appearred from between my legs and said "urm, it is your amniotic fluid, theres a lot of it, it's been leaking for a while" it took everything I have not to go mad.

She wanted to admit me immediately but, guess what, no bed so I was sent home and told to go back at 8pm. So came home had tea phoned parents etc and got back to hospital at 8pm. was put on ward, monitored, and told dr would be along shortly to start my induction. By 10pm noone had been to see me. MW said he was busy but would be along soon. 11:30pm was told it was too late they wouldnt induce me til the morning so I finally lost my rag. I packed up my stuff and came home- I wanted some decent sleep and they had pissed me off too much. I went in to be induced the next morning.

I went shopping in the morning for last minute bits, phoned round telling everyone (was getting induced at 7am) got a new bed so put that up and got trapped in the middle :rofl::dohh: then came on here for my daily BnB fix :D then went to bed x

The day before I had max (planned c-section ) I decided id sleep most of the day and enjoy the last days of quite uninturped sleep lol

well the day before he was actually born I went into hospital and had a pessary and had my waters broken, had some gas and air, had some pethidine, had a failed epidural and was visited by a consultant who later cut me open to take Ally out!

The day before that I went for a long walk hoping to induce myself, met my parents at a gorgeous pub on the estury with the OH and generally felt a bit panicked. I think I had a good shave too :lol:

the day before i had jack we were in hospital in agony waiting to get some damn pain relief which i didnt get until nearly midnight!!!!!!!!! any way the day before that i was sat in hospital hooked up to the machines with doctors trying to decide what to do with me. so yet another boring day. the day before that i went on a 3 mile walk up a big hill xxx

Well...............I spent most of Monday on BnB, than walked up to hubby's work so we could go to Chinatown and buy some veggies. Told him if he didn't see me in 20 minutes to send the Calvary out looking :rofl: It's a nice long walk to his work and than up to Chinatown so we took transit back. Spent the evening at home, watching TV. Waters broke at 2:30ish Tuesday morning (my due date) and had her Wednesday morning at either 10:14 or 10:18--there was a slight discrepancy with the time and I still haven't figured out which was right :rofl:

i too will tell you about my sunday, as i went into labour 6pm sunday night and didn't have maddi till 3.39pm tuesday! i was 7 days over by the sunday and booked for induction on the monday. i'd spent the weekend panicing over my induction on the monday and after having a sweep on the saturday and a lazy tea at mums sat night i decided not to hold off the induction until necessary and see how i went. on the sunday i spent the day cleaning, like a women possesed! :sex: :)blush: only saying that cos i believe thats what got me going!) and sent james out for food shopping. my labour started that night with pains, whilst doing my hair! and i had a show that night during the football EURO finials - so glad i got to the end of the game :lol: - it was quite fitting really as maddi was conceived after and excellent match - we went to see the 7-4 game at fratton park :lol: it finially got too much for me 11am monday morning, went to the hospital, and said i was only 1cm still :dohh: and so i went home being told - come back when you can't stand it. i finally rung up 1am on tues morning to say - enough is enough, i've been in labour over 24hours now! but they said - have a bath! needless to say we didn't get any sleep that night and james finally told the hospital where to go around 5am when we went back up there. maddi was born, finally, but emergency c-section 3:39pm tuesday afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->