*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

Woah Mini! That sounds scary! Glad you're ok.
Enjoy the WTT BDing :)

Pusscat, howd the 6 week check go? Love baby smiles.

I wouldnt worry about the dummy too much. Alexia had it for nap and night time and we didn't have any trouble stopping them, we went cold turkey and she was fine. DS has them too, just for sleep and hopefully he'll be ok too. I'd rather a dummy thanks thumb sucking.

All ok here.. DS had las set of the early immunisations today, so horrible hearing the little scream :nope: no more till 12 months now.

Yes we went to the new (ish) Centre Parcs in Woburn and had a lovely time. I'd had so many people recommend Centre Parcs so we but the bullet and went for it. Was fab, great for kids, and the spa was great for this mamma! :haha:

6 week check went really well. He has stayed around the 50th centile for weight and has jumped from the 9th to above the 50th for length! It's such a relief after the stress I went through with DD and her weight. He's a great feeder and he drank from a bottle yesterday (expressed milk) Absolutely no fuss, I think he enjoyed it. DD refused the bottle! I think ds is going to be a lot more easy going!! Thank goodness!

I've been looking at centre parcs for end of Sept and think we're going to book at sherwood forest. Like you I've never been but I've heard so many good things about it. Sounds just right for our family at the moment. Plus I think we'll go over my birthday so I can make use of the spa as a birthday treat :)

Glad 6 week check went well! Yay for easy going second babies :)

I started BAby Sensory with DS last week, we love it!

You will really enjoy centre parcs, so much to do for everyone!

Well ladies I am finally TTC again, had positive ovulation test yesterday and DTD last night :) :dust::dust::dust:

Well ladies I am finally TTC again, had positive ovulation test yesterday and DTD last night :) :dust::dust::dust:

Woohoo gaia! Very exciting, sending lots of dust your way!

Are you temping too or just opk for now ?

Yay! Very exciting! All sounds good so far. Fingers crossed for a summer baby next year :dust:

Just OPKs, my sleep isnt solid enough for temping lol. Even when F sleeps all night I still wake up. He has ruined me for life!

Due date would be Jun 25, exactly one day after last day of school!

Pretty good! Still shocked I am only 4 weeks lol. So dragging along...

I feel a tad queasy, dizzy, tired but not too extreme. I am thinking maybe not as intense this time as I KNOW how crazy the nausea gets so the beginning doesn't seem as bad anymore! :haha:

Still bloated as a whale... :nope:

Really looking forward to reaching 8+ weeks and hopefully seeing heartbeat and chilling out a bit.

Hi all

How is everyone doing? Gaia you must be nearly there now?

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this board but just checking in to say we had all the tests back from the mc clinic and no obvious problems so we are officially unexplained! We had been messed about so much trying to get a referral (which should have been automatic but they lost the paperwork). We then decided to have a big holiday at Easter and I'm now trying traditional Chinese medicine since Western medicine has come up short! Currently in a 2 month wait to let my cycles respond to the treatment but hopefully we will be back dtd from July. Not sure if I am excited or scared!

Mini x

Hi all

How is everyone doing? Gaia you must be nearly there now?

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this board but just checking in to say we had all the tests back from the mc clinic and no obvious problems so we are officially unexplained! We had been messed about so much trying to get a referral (which should have been automatic but they lost the paperwork). We then decided to have a big holiday at Easter and I'm now trying traditional Chinese medicine since Western medicine has come up short! Currently in a 2 month wait to let my cycles respond to the treatment but hopefully we will be back dtd from July. Not sure if I am excited or scared!

Mini x

Hi Mini, good to hear from you! I often wonder how you're doing. How frustrating but good there's no obvious issues.

Keeping everything crossed the Chinese medicine works for you!

A friend of a friend struggled with fertility issues for a long time, and after a couple of failed IVF attempts she looked into a doctor who did some unique research. Ultimately their issue was that she had a really strong immune system I think.. and her body was treating her husbands sperm as something to be attacked so whenever she fell pregnant, it stood no chance as her body would just fight it. I'm not sure the exact details but the treatment (i think) involved injecting some of his blood into her so her body wouldn't class his cells and sperm as alien.. To cut a long story short, it did the trick and she fell pregnant.

I couldn't believe something like that could happen, but explains why they were having issues, with both him and her not having any obvious reasons for fertility concerns.

xx

Hi Smawfl

Thanks for your reply and for wondering after me! When I went for all the tests at the recurrent miscarriage clinic they mention immunes as a possible issue but don't test as it's still really new science. I have been reading up on it as I am also now allergic to bees which is clearly an overactive immune system but to be honest the treatment is to mess with your immune system which I don't really want to do because I'd have to stop my bee venom treatment which is potentially life threatening!

I did ask a local private clinic about treatment for recurrent miscarriage but they would only work with me if we went down the ivf route as they would test the embryos before they but them back. Again I want to avoid ivf if we can as I know I can get pregnant naturally so don't want to put my bodh through the extra hormones etc to produce eggs. For now I'll see how the TCM goes, if nothing else the acupuncture is very relaxing!

How is everything with you?

Hi Smawfl

Thanks for your reply and for wondering after me! When I went for all the tests at the recurrent miscarriage clinic they mention immunes as a possible issue but don't test as it's still really new science. I have been reading up on it as I am also now allergic to bees which is clearly an overactive immune system but to be honest the treatment is to mess with your immune system which I don't really want to do because I'd have to stop my bee venom treatment which is potentially life threatening!

I did ask a local private clinic about treatment for recurrent miscarriage but they would only work with me if we went down the ivf route as they would test the embryos before they but them back. Again I want to avoid ivf if we can as I know I can get pregnant naturally so don't want to put my bodh through the extra hormones etc to produce eggs. For now I'll see how the TCM goes, if nothing else the acupuncture is very relaxing!

How is everything with you?

Hi Mini,

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday and only just managed to catch up with emails and everything!

How scary about your bee allergy!

Can't understand how you find acupuncture relaxing! lol I had it once for a back issue I had and didn't enjoy it at all!

I think it depends where they put the needles. I like the ones in the hands, they feel like having a massive splinter but the rest are ok. I even fell asleep last week!

Ok so take it back about the acupuncture! It depends entirely on the points. This week I got something to support ovulation and it was terrible! I was so relieved when she took the needles out! She said after I should have found it more invigorating!

Whatever she did seems to have worked though as I have had loads of EWCM since and desire to dtd which sounds daft but when you have been trying this long it sometimes feels like a chore when you are supposed to be doing it! (Sorry if tmi :haha:)

I'm under no illusion that this is the magic cure, even if I get pregnant I've got to stay pregnant but I feel a lot more relaxed about it than when we were trying last time with injections etc!

Here we go again . . . 4th time lucky? Got my bfp again last night. Now just got to see if the acupuncture can make it stick . . . Feels really odd. We aren't celebrating at all and I am over analysing every twinge to the point of making myself feel sick :-(

Hopefully It will get better!

Well had my 20 week scan yesterday - no issues to report. Still half expecting something to go wrong but I think I probably need to get on and tell a few people now since I have officially popped so it's kind of obvious. Plus I need to invest in some maternity clothes since I only have 1 pair of jeans that fit and I can't wear them to work!

Well had my 20 week scan yesterday - no issues to report. Still half expecting something to go wrong but I think I probably need to get on and tell a few people now since I have officially popped so it's kind of obvious. Plus I need to invest in some maternity clothes since I only have 1 pair of jeans that fit and I can't wear them to work!
Congratulations! So pleased for you Mini! Really sorry I think I missed your last post!
How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->