-The DIY club-

Thanks.. will have a look for a decent cutter then, I'm hoping to be able to make some of baby's clothes as well as the nappies,so it'll be money well spent!

hiya i want to start making my lo some nappies but im not sure where to get the fabric to start ive saw some kits on ebay that say they have everything in to one nappy but im not sure if they are any good
thanks for any advice :)
xx

I searched this for another lady last night and now Ive ended up looking through the whole thread lol!

You are all very talented!

I've been thinking the thread needed a bump too :)

What's everyone been working on lately? I've converted a fall jacket to a babywearing coat (zipper in the back) and am working on converting a cheap winter coat but it's taking forever now that I'm done mat leave and working again (I'm getting a bit more elaborate with that one, adding a hood for Emma, etc).

Ooo that sounds good Katies! I was wandering howI was gunna get around babywearing and coats whilst its cold, not due till april so was hoping I can get away with an oversized coat for the first few months till it gets hot!

Im making wipes atm, two flannel squares and two fleece squares so I can put my hand in them, theres flannel on the outside to wash with then I can turn them inside out leaving all the mess on the inside and use the fleece to dry- I hope lol

Sounds like a cool design for your wipes :) That'd be cool if you could use them to dry LO's bum too.

You should be able to get away with an oversized coat for this year- that's all I did when Emma was smaller. Now she rides on my back though so I figured it was time for something a little fancier :)

Ohhh goodness me ive been busy with breastpads,csp,wipes, wipes pouches, wetbags ummmm making curtains for a caravan for fil, fixing elastic in nappies, decorating the house and next on my list is decoupage!

Ah I see! I didnt even think about next year! I suffer with a bad back so not sure if Ill have to get a buggy then but it not Ill be on here trying to work out how to convert a coat!

Erin- your list sounds a bit like the projects I have sitting, cut out on my sewing table :haha: How's the business going? :flower:

Missy- I think if you babywear from the start, your back will get stronger as LO grows and gets heavier, so you may be surprised with how long you can carry him/her :) And a good carrier definitely helps too :)

Its going great :D Im stocked in new zealand, and 3 shops over here!! They took off a million times more than i thought they would!!

That's fantastic hun! I briefly thought about doing cloth wipes- I actually started to make some but then started a home daycare and now am using my "product" as face and hand wipes for the kiddies I mind :haha: So much for selling them :dohh: I bet the business keeps you busy though!

Kaites- (Sorry realised I spelt your name wrong before) Yeah thats what Im hoping! We've got a 3in1 stroller but the only bit we're keeping is the car seat, mums having the rest as Im hoping not to use it :)

Erin- Thats amazing! They are very pretty, shall have to order some when I get round to the "me" shopping list lol

Kaites- (Sorry realised I spelt your name wrong before) Yeah thats what Im hoping! We've got a 3in1 stroller but the only bit we're keeping is the car seat, mums having the rest as Im hoping not to use it :)

no worries- my first name is actually Katie :) That's kinda what we did with our travel system- our stroller is kept at the caravan for toting toys to the beach :)

Thankyou girlies :D

Yea ive sold some wipes to a stockist but the rest i made for myself (well logan!) and i use them for everything!!

Its not too busy at the moment as all shops have had their orders so are nicely stocked up! And ive torn a ligament in my knee so cant use the foot pedal on the sewing machine!]

I also dont use a pram at all anymore! I only ever use my wraps (one i made myself and an ellaroo)

Ouch! Hope your knee feels better soon. I suppose the timing could be worse- at least you're all stocked up!

Yea its giving me an excuse to have a break!! My oh started a new job this week so he leaves at 6.15am and doesnt get in till 8.30pm so trying to juggle sewing and logan is taking some getting used too!!

Wow ladies, just read through the whole of this thread and you have all inspired me! Although a long way off from giving birth.....I am very crafty but haven't really given sewing a go but now I really want to! Thanks x

ive just finsihed making myself a changing bag, it had its test run today and i lOVE it! fits so much in, today had all my crap in and was only half full xD

will put pics up once babies have settled :) x

Where are all you ladies?!?! I'm getting my sewing machine on Friday and I need help!

i made my no sew liners lol just chopped up a fleece blanket hehe the offcuts have become the hand and face wipes now i want some terry for the bum wipes might double some fleece onto the back of some flannels to make them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->