-The DIY club-

What do you need to make a cloth wipe? I mean is it just flannel? and why? I've been using baby washcloths!

lol im betting i can get a piece of terry cheaper than getting loads of baby washcloths lol i have some material around im gonna try with first before i buy anything

Where are all you ladies?!?! I'm getting my sewing machine on Friday and I need help!

:hi: What did you need help with? I think a lot of us are still around and happy to help in anyway we can :)

Here's my latest DIY project...
https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/knit1001.jpg

Just finished them this morning- can't wait to lanolinise them and get them on Emma!

hello you talented ladies!!!

What a bloody great inspiration you are!!

for a while i've been thinking of making some stuff for Ellie and have a sewing machine taking up room.. which could ideally be used!

I really want to make some bibs for her, as we get through loads in a day but not sure what type of material to use? any ideas??

Also where do you buy your material from? is there some hidden online shop somewhere? lol

I want to make some nappies!

i have:
elastic
pretty cotton for outter
microfleece for inner
pul
aplix.

how do i stop the fleece wicking onto the cotton?

you might struggle tbh, cotton outers tend to wick no matter what you do

theres a fairly cheap shop online called fabricland or something lik that i think

x

you might struggle tbh, cotton outers tend to wick no matter what you do
theres a fairly cheap shop online called fabricland or something lik that i think

x

I actually already have 3 WAHM nappies with cotton outter prints that dont wick at all :shrug: Just dont much feel like taking them apart to find out why or how!! :haha:

Found a couple of directions (for AI2's) im going to try anyway.

hmm, actually youre right, i have a pul wrap with cotton outer and its fine

i think its something to do with the elastic now i think of it, you have to sew it on so it rolls the cotton away from the skin, so you can see some of the fleece from the outside x

hmm, actually youre right, i have a pul wrap with cotton outer and its fine

i think its something to do with the elastic now i think of it, you have to sew it on so it rolls the cotton away from the skin, so you can see some of the fleece from the outside x

Thats what i thought :thumbup:
I just cant for the life of me work out the elastic! :haha:

its easy, just sew the elastic as you normally would, then when youre topstitching on the cotton side you roll the fleece side so its off centre a bit so you can see the fleece on the outside, its awkward to explain but when youre sat in front of your sewing machine youll know what i mean x

ooh ladies i forgot about this thread!
Apart from lots of random stuff, my biggest make recently has been a quilt for my lo to match her room. We've gone with a jungle theme so I got some FQ's from fabric rehab (love that place!!) and did this quilt!
Next in line is a memory quilt from all her baby clothes since she is now a year old!! sob sob!
I've given up on nappies just now as I love my flips too much to bother with homemade ones lol, and dress making went a bit wonly as the dress i made from pattern was wide enough for a 3 yr old and long enough for a 6month old. hmmm...and it was a good pattern maker too!
Quilts seem to be my thing just now! I love making them!

OOh edit: now i remember why i was looking for this thread! I fancy making a maitai style carrier for my possible trip ( FIL lives in Bahrain and we were to go out but obviously not sure just now)
Now what is the best fabric to use? Bearing in mind im useless at picking the correct fabric! I can get as far as 100% cotton, fleece and denim then Im lost! lol
Found a good tutorial on web so just need to actually read it properly and measure and im happy to give it a go, as long as i use fabric that wont squew on me!

Attachments

• 172775_10150398990275346_568215345_16738516_1221715_o.jpg
    172775_10150398990275346_568215345_16738516_1221715_o.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10
ive made a meitai using cotton outer and fleece for the inner, straps are just cotton :)

ooh okay..just normal 100% cotton? I could do a patchwork one oooh ideas flowing!

Hey, guys, is it at all possible do you think to knit a wrap?? My hugabub is too narrow for back carries!

it is totally possible to knit a wrap, a babycarrying wrap, a nappy wrap or a shawl type wrap lol, which kind did you mean and i'll find you a pattern x

Awh wicked! A babycarrying wrap is what I am after! x

https://www.ehow.com/how_5932203_knit-baby-sling.html

https://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/crochet.html

couldnt find anything else but those two will give you an idea of how to do it anyways :)

I have an old curtain here, does anyone think it'll be a good base for a mei tai style carrier?? I was thinking of then adding a funky velcro panel system of sorts, so I can chop and choose my designs!

yeah im gonna get my old curtains made into mei tai's need one for me and one for DH as we are way different sizes and id like them to be made for us so i dont have huge long straps i have to put up with lol and might make the panel on one bigger so we can use it for Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->