-The DIY club-

honestly girls, nappies are not that difficult once you get the hang of them, I found the hardest thing to get the hang of was the elastic, once i mastered that they are pretty straight forward :)

I think i will probably make pockets as thats what we mainly use

ooo i already have the hang of elastic from making her bloomers!

should be a breeze to switch to napies then

they really are easy to make just make yourself a basic template and away you go! I only make pockets coz thats what i use... i may try fitteds at some point but im waiting on wraps at the mo so no point in making them yet. I want to get a pair of snap pliers tho so i can use poppers instead of velcro as i hate the stuff!!

make sure if you use poppers/snaps they are the plastic resin ones, don't use the metal ones on nappies :)

only thing i hate with making pocket nappies is i am all fingers and thumbs with the elastic on the pocket opening at the back lol

Ohhh i know that much!! lol i bought some sewn on ones but they arent strong enough whenever he moves they unpop!! So have converted that one to velcro now!

i cannot find snap pliers anywhere!!! only the indsutrial one, and i dont think i will be making thaaat many nappies!

do you not use elastic at the back with aios or fitteds?

theres a usa site that will ship over here for $10... without postage the conversion rate was £27ish. That was with 200 sets of poppers too and an awl to make the hole in fabric.

that sounds so much better than all the ones i have found? can you remember the website so i can go have a looksy?

do you not use elastic at the back with aios or fitteds?

Yeah but thats easy because it's all enclosed in one, with a pocket I make them so that the inner and the outer fabrics both have seperate elastic and when I fold over the fabric i get a bit all fingers and thumbs lol

ahhh right now i know what you mean! I make my pockets with the opening at the front ( i have a few UDs like that and prefer them) so dont use elastic on the pocket iykwim?

yea hun it is its this one?

https://www.kamsnaps.com/Pliers-for-Plastic-Snaps/Pliers-for-Plastic-Snaps-p116.html

yeah I get what you mean, I actually considered making pockets like that purely for ease and speed but then some people said the insert can tend to ride up and pop out the opening a little? have you ever had this trouble??

ooooooo they are meant to be the best for nappies!

I prefer aplix though as i think you get a better range of fit but it is all personal preference :)

I havent had the problem, just gotta make sure the insert is the right size for the nappy! And if its too big i tend to fold it at the front (i do that anyway in other pockets) its perfect for lil boys giving them two layers where they need it most!

I hate sewing it! Its the one bit that annoys me!

sewing is the bit i prefer, i hate all the prep lol cutting used to kill my hands but now it is super easy thanks to my cleaver future hubby, I literally have the fabric all cut out in about 45 seconds lol

I enjoy the cutting out, i enjoy the sewing of the nappy but i hate the sewing of aplix find it tough to sew. I tried using the stick on stuff which then came off in the wash so i though i know ill sew it on... 10 mins later with a machine covered in glue i realised it was a bad idea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->