-The DIY club-

Lastin preferably but ive use 'normal' elastic in 14mm (i think). I 1st bought some that didnt work well but that was more to do with my sewing!! Also the 2nd lot i got was about 100% stretchier so it worked better. i use 4cm of it and it streches the whole of the leg hole!

Just measured mine (im sad!!) And its 8mm not 14 dunno where i got that number from hmmmm :rofl:

katy you will know if it is lastin as that tends to be clear and kinda rubbery lol

Yea and most shops dont sell it!!

i use normal elastic in all mine, infact i personally prefer it as i think it gives better stretch

It supposodly doesnt last as long its meant to deteriate slightly everytime it gets washed which is why lastin is suggested to be the best. Dunno how true that is tho.

I'm lucky that my friend owns a haberdashery and fabric shop, might take a wander to see what she has today :)

I love fabric shops! My local one is brill all fabrics are £3.50 a metre and she knocks money off!! I got 4 metres of fabric and a metre of elastic for £13 the other day!!

Wow! The one I go to isn't that cheap even with discount xx

Haha mines just a lil shop hidden away! Have hundreds of fabrics everywhere but the shops that packed with stuff i cant get a pram in! So if i know im going there i have to make sure im wearing him or leave him with oh!!

i am sure leeds has fabric shops but since i don't know my way around yet i wouldn't know where to start looking!

I generally source all my fabrics online :)

I have never seen the types of fabrics i tend to use in stores which is why i generally buy online lol

https://www.leedsonline.co.uk/local/Shopping/Fashion_and_Clothing/Fabric_Shops/

A list of them all for you... could be an adventure!! lol

The one i go sells every type of fabric going!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->