-The DIY club-

I generally buy for 2 different places but as I buy in bulk (sometimes up to 20/25metres of fabric a time) I generally get some kinda discount etc as I can buy direct from factories ect

Is normal fleece okay?

I got looked at like an alien when I asked for PUL in Dunelm Mill the other day. xx

for the outer or inner?

regular anti pil fleece *should* be ok if your using it as a outer and have some pul behind it, polar fleece is good if your not using PUL as it is a really dense knit. as for a inner, i have never used it because I love the feeling of micro fleece and the properties of micro fleece, but i don't see why you couldn't use it as a inner :) just personal preference ..... but make sure you get anti pil fleece though

Yeah it's anti pil :) Although I dunno what that means :lol: xx

means it shouldn't go too bobbly too quickly, bog standard fleece gets very bobbly quickly ..... stops it being nice and soft. I find even anti pil tends to bobble a little but no where near as badly as regular fleece

Well DH said I can buy a sewing machine and the things I need to make some nappies next week. :thumbup: I have found some fabrics I like super cheap on ebay as a fat quarter (18" by 22") which I think will be just the right size to make a nappy, does that sound about the right size? The fabrics I found were cute and boyish, I think I might get a few of them and start with my least favorite ones so hopefully I would have the hang of making them by the time I get to the ones I really like.

I love the photo of the cat! I dread to think what my cat would do if I tried to put something on her, one of my two dogs quite likes things put on here but you must be brave to try it with a cat.

Oooh, do you have a link to the ebay seller? all the ones i've found are expensive!

yay i get to join yous lol... im getting a brand new sewing machine (mines dead :( ) next week from my grandma and getting another from a freind lol.. im excited to make cloth diapers. ive made a wrap but thats pretty easy lol

Ladies there is a diy thread already around that i started sometime ago that had some lovely pics on of what we were making i will try find it and bump it up :)

For anyone who wanted snap pliers, theres a seller on ebay that does them https://shop.ebay.co.uk/alana243469/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 Someone on another forum Ivisit said shed used them & they were great but delivery took a couple of weeks as coming from China. In the UK, theres dummymummy https://www.dummy-mummy.co.uk/category_21/Polyacatel-Resin-Snap-Pliers.htm

Oooh, do you have a link to the ebay seller? all the ones i've found are expensive!

They are all from different sellers but if you go into crafts and then fabrics and search for "FQ" (and then arrange by price) you will find loads of cheap fabric and I think the size is just enough to make one nappy. All the ones I am watching in myEbay are from different sellers but are all £3 or just under (inc. p&p). I was surprised to find so many designs that would make really cute boys nappies but I will have to try and get the right nappy measurements to double check the size will make one nappy first really.

:shrug:So I have two questions...
1) Is polar fleece the right sort of materiel for inside the nappy?
2) When making reusable wipes would polar fleece or flannel work best?

I know that quite a few nappies are made with polar fleece... Lollipop nappies are one i know but not sure if its the inside or outer?

When i make my wipes i do one side fleece and the otehr side flannel but thats just my personal preference.

I might buy some polar fleece and then if it feels soft to touch then use that for the inside. I know I am not going for white fleece as all the bought nappies I have use it and it seems like the liners catch most of the poo but the watery poop soaks through and stains the nappy!

I think I will try one side fleece and the otehr side flannel, I am guessing they will feel think enough then.

If you want ease then you can just use fleece for wipes but i like having the flannel as its easier to clean poop up with! I use cheapy fleece blankets from poundland for my inners at the moment. They seem to be doing the trick and i havent had any problems with them so for :)

I want some good strong wipes as it would just make my life so much easier. Plus the more effort I put into making them the more I can guilt DH into using them! I have no idea what DH has against the idea of re-usable wipes since they would just get washed with the nappies, the disposable ones seem to irritate DS bum and (other that huggies wipes) they are not thick enough at all. :shrug:

I use cloth at home but use johnsons wipes when out coz its easier so maybe suggest that?

Hi im not making nappies but im making some bandana bibs and looking for some other stuff to make for caleb. Hope you dont mind me joining you all xx

Hiya pink :D

Well today ive made logan a pair of shorts (well they are a bit too long for shorts and a bit too short for trousers!) :rofl: I stiched them all by hand as waiting for charger to come for machine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->