-The DIY club-

^Your blog is so cool :D I love the nappy and the headbands they are sooo cute! I really want to learn how to knit. Why don't you make some wool soakers with all that spare wool? :) although i know how busy it gets with babies!!

thanks hun :D

its mostly acrylic and cotton so wouldnt work aswell for soakers unfortunately :dohh:

Where can I buy microfleece online? I've looked on ebay but theres only a couple. I really only want a tiny amount to make a bumper bar cover for my pram :blush:

what colour you after? is microfleece the thick one? i have a massive box of scraps i'll have a look through for you if you want x

How about just a fleece blanket from a pound shop?

Here's my latest knitting efforts... The shorties were knit with more of the yarn that I hand-dyed a few months ago- I'm calling the colourway "earth day" :)

https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/april11012.jpg

Thanks hun :) It's my favourite colour combo so far

what colour you after? is microfleece the thick one? i have a massive box of scraps i'll have a look through for you if you want x

I think microfleece is the thin one? Its meant to be easier to sew apparently?

The only one I have is white (Ikea one), and thats not going tobe much use on a bumber bar thats going to get filthy :haha:

I would go to a pound shop, but I live about 30 mins away from the nearest big town, and dont go often, so it would probably be cheaper me ordering online, than driving to town and parking etc.

all fleece is easy to sew, personally i find the sturdier fleece easier to sew cos it doesnt move under the foot, what colour and how big do you need it? x

all fleece is easy to sew, personally i find the sturdier fleece easier to sew cos it doesnt move under the foot, what colour and how big do you need it? x

Ah, see I wouldnt know :blush:
I only need a small strip really, about 40cm by about 20cm. Any colour for a boy, I dont really mind.

I suppose I could use any material though? Like t-shirt material?

:wave: Hello all. I started this thread but never got chance to make anything I planned because I went back to university as a mature student. Well, in just over a week my work will be in (hopefully) and I should get chance to use my sewing machine a bit more over the summer holiday. So I was wondering if I could get a little advice? Does anyone have a recommendation for a AIO (toddler size) nappy pattern that is easy for a total beginner? I have found some patterns online but though I would see if anyone has a tried and tested idea. Also would you recommend (for someone who has only used their sewing machine to fix there husbands PJ's before :blush:) going straight for it or practising the pattern with some cheaper fabric first?

drawstring for me! here the link to the pul:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...5780484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_949

its 5.50 plus 1.95 shipping for HALF a metre :wacko: not cheap!!

^Gawd its not!!
If you're just using white, can you not use shower curtain material?
(S'cuse me if thats a dumb questions :haha:)

:wave: Hello all. I started this thread but never got chance to make anything I planned because I went back to university as a mature student. Well, in just over a week my work will be in (hopefully) and I should get chance to use my sewing machine a bit more over the summer holiday. So I was wondering if I could get a little advice? Does anyone have a recommendation for a AIO (toddler size) nappy pattern that is easy for a total beginner? I have found some patterns online but though I would see if anyone has a tried and tested idea. Also would you recommend (for someone who has only used their sewing machine to fix there husbands PJ's before :blush:) going straight for it or practising the pattern with some cheaper fabric first?

you could try ritas rump pocket pattern, hers is a one size pocket but she does have an AIO variation on her website, also youd be able to put fasteners on if you only wanted it to be toddler size. My RRPS work best at about toddler size because theyre far too difficult to fasten any other way. I made one with very very minimal sewing knowledge, im still no seamstress but I can knock out a professional looking nappy in no time now. This is a good link aswell https://mayna.livejournal.com/198548.html

I got darling diapers. It a fab pattern, first one i made came out perfect. https://www.darlingdiapers.com/

Omi- I second the RRP suggestion- for a free pattern, it's pretty good :thumbup: I haven't done the AIO version, but that's just because I prefer being able to "unstuff" a diaper for the wash. You could always make a fitted to start with as practice if you are a bit unsure- it tends to be the waterproof stuff that is costly but the general shape of a fitted is pretty much the same as an AIO (and fitteds tend to be more forgiving with fit too so you'll probably still have something quite useable even if it doesn't turn out quite as planned!).

Flubdub- for a wetbag, you could just use shower curtain material if you'd like. Our fabric store sells a waterproof nylon that I made our first wetbag with and it works great. One of the online diaper fabric stores that I use also sells pretty much the same stuff too. I probably wouldn't use one of the cheap dollar store shower curtains, but the nice waterproof nylon works well :)

Omi- I second the RRP suggestion- for a free pattern, it's pretty good :thumbup: I haven't done the AIO version, but that's just because I prefer being able to "unstuff" a diaper for the wash. You could always make a fitted to start with as practice if you are a bit unsure- it tends to be the waterproof stuff that is costly but the general shape of a fitted is pretty much the same as an AIO (and fitteds tend to be more forgiving with fit too so you'll probably still have something quite useable even if it doesn't turn out quite as planned!).

Flubdub- for a wetbag, you could just use shower curtain material if you'd like. Our fabric store sells a waterproof nylon that I made our first wetbag with and it works great. One of the online diaper fabric stores that I use also sells pretty much the same stuff too. I probably wouldn't use one of the cheap dollar store shower curtains, but the nice waterproof nylon works well :)

Cheers! So I could do two layers really? One of the shower curtain, and then the outside, some nice material that I like? It'd probably be cheaper than buying PUL by the looks of it.

Definitely- my brand name wet bag is two layers (one pretty cotton print outer layer and a PUL inner layer- Planet Wise wet bag) so that's what I've always done for the ones that I made. tbh, buying pretty pul for a wet bag never crossed my mind, lol :)

Definitely- my brand name wet bag is two layers (one pretty cotton print outer layer and a PUL inner layer- Planet Wise wet bag) so that's what I've always done for the ones that I made. tbh, buying pretty pul for a wet bag never crossed my mind, lol :)

Thanks! I went to Hobby Craft today and they had 4 different patterns of VHC matrerial! :D I nearly bought it, but thought its probably going to be cheaper online. Hobby Craft isnt bloomin' cheap!

oooh ive seen that and its quite expensive per metre. i love hobby craft but try to stay away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->