-The DIY club-

im going to attempt a hoodie i think. i love the knitted ones but I cant sew. will try and get some fabric tomorrow. might attempt a small one 1st the see if i can do it . wish me luck xx

im working on a crocheted hoodie at the minute, a button up one if its any help to you? x

oops i meant to say i cant knit lol. Im going to learn though, I gave a hoodie a go and here is a nearly finished pic. I want to put a star on it with some star buttons to, heres the pics. will add one with lo wearing it tomorrow. just used a t-shirt as body template and then traced around a hood to creat new hood lol xx

Attachments

• 07092011735.jpg
    07092011735.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 07092011736.jpg
    07092011736.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 12
Looks great Faye :thumbup:

I finished a skirtie this weekend and am almost done a pair of knit bloomers too- both using yarn I hand-dyed last winter. I should really stop knitting for a bit and focus on some sewing soon. I bought a pile of fabric for making Emma a quilt for her 2nd birthday- it's a month today so the deadline is looming, lol :)

I am going to attempt the mei tai this weekend! I'm going to use my curtain, as it's wovn fabric (like a canvassy one) It is a bit rough, so I think I'll line it! I might also make zip-off panels! I might line it in a creamy material,not sure what will be best, I think some cotton, fleece will be too hot, won't it?

JellyBeann- you could always make a slipcover of sorts for your mei tai that is fleece lined for colder weather (kinda like a fitted pillowcase with openings at the corners for straps). I did one for our baby hawk- a pretty pattern on the front and minky on the inside- works well since I don't really want minky for the summer but it's nice for the fall/winter :flower:

Here are my latest knits, both using the yarn that I hand-dyed back last winter:
Wool skirtie
https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/sept11a039.jpg
https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/sept11a041.jpg

Alpaca bloomers
https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/sept11a045.jpg
https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/sept11a050.jpg

I wish I could knit as well as you Kaites! My nan keeps teaching me, but I can't do it lol! She teaches me, I can do it cack-handedly for about a month, then it starts to fall apart and then I just can't do it anymore lol

My nan is amamzing, she can knit while watching telly and drinking a cup of tea lmao!

I'm not at the point where I can drink a cup of tea at the same time yet- I'm envious of your grandmother :haha: It did take me a while to get to the point where knitting just kinda clicked. The little videos on knittinghelp.com and doing a knit-along on DS probably also helped- we all did the same/similar project so it was nice to have help if needed. We could always attempt to do KAL like that here too :)

I miss knitting. I knit and crocheted a lot whilst pregnant (LO has a car blanket and some other things to show for it), but just have no time now.

i do it when kids are in bed while im watching telly!

that hoodie is mint, as is the skirty/shorties!

as for the meitai, mine is a light cotton, lined with fleece and its not too hot, i used a thin fleece, mind it might be a bit much with thick curtain material...it just makes it so snuggly!! x

Hey all. I'm just starting out on my new venture of nappy making and am trying to surce some fleece to line the nappies with. Any suggestions where I can get the right sort cheap? Thanks x

Hey all. I'm just starting out on my new venture of nappy making and am trying to surce some fleece to line the nappies with. Any suggestions where I can get the right sort cheap? Thanks x

I dunno about fleece, but I used towels! I just bought towels and cut them up lol!

Micro fleece is the stuff you wanna use, it's pretty cheap anywhere (I normally get it £2.99/m but it's been out of stock for ages) Abakhan have some for £3.74/m :)
https://www.abakhan.co.uk/fabric/fleece-fur/plain-micro-fleece-ecru-150cm.html

found some locally thanks :) Bamboo fleece?

Got some gorgeous skull & crossbones minky fabric to use too. Now for the elastic... any suggestions please?

Lastin is the clear stuff that is supposed to last longer than regular elastic and hold up to washing better but really, if you look at what the brand name cloth diapers use, it's just regular elastic so I wouldn't bother hunting the stuff down and paying extra for it. I tend to use the 1cm wide elastic for ours.

Brill thanks. I'd heard lastin was better and I want them to last but if brand nappies work with cheaper stuff then I'll use that first :)

I used normal elastic in ours, but 2 layers of it, iygwim? It seemed to work really well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->