the dull period pain-what causes it???

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
Hi

I know i am gonna sound like a total idiot now but last night and today have had the dull start of a period type ache i have read we can get.

I know its normal but was just curious as to what actually causes it???

I've never been good at understanding the workings of the body lol.

If anyone could shed some light on this i would really appreciate it

Thanks x

I think its the stretching and sofening of the crevix but i might be wrong! x

I asked my midwife this today and she said it was Braxton Hicks that caused it?

I thought it was braxton hicks? I get them all the time.. It doesnt last too long when they happen. X

I asked my midwife this today and she said it was Braxton Hicks that caused it?

i know this isnt braxton hicks tho as its a constant dull ache and hasnt gone away at all since last night and i am not having any tightenings.

It just feels like what i would get a day or so before my period. Also feels a little like what i had at the very start of my last MC.

At my antenatal classes the leader said it was the womb tightening at the top and you feel that as period type pains at the bottom half where the ligaments are. Don't know how true it is but I've been having loads on and off for about 4 weeks.

hmmm, i tried googling it but it just comes up with it can be a sign of this and that, doesnt go into the ins and outs of what causes it.

its actually moving round my back now too was only in the front earlier and i keep running to the loo as iy feels like i am gonna go to the loo and find a load of blood or discharge but i dont.

feels sooooo weird lol

but still no tightenings anywhere

me too i have period pains at the bottom of my back and bottom of my tummy, but no tightings hmmm i feel ok but just feel as if im about to start a period x

Early labour usually begins with dull period type pains that gradually intensify to full-blown contractions. Looks promising!

Good luck, chick.

XXX

just keep eye on it hun. i had these and they disappeared with a bath!
xxxx

im the same. ive been havin these now the past few days really bad pains down below, like really achy. i cant say period pains as i have never suffered with period pains but im guessin this is what there like!
ive heard its meant to be baby moving down and puttin more pressure down there which causes it but then im only just 30weeks so it cant be that for me as its far to early!
im goin midwife on thursday for a check up so il ask then and see whats she says!
theres so many different explanations for stuff i dont no what to believe! x

I think it could be a number of things tbh. Could be cervix stretching/softening and the weight of baby pushing down on pelvis, baby getting ready for birth etc. I suffered this for 2 wks plus but these last few days i have been wearing my bump band and suprise suprise the pains have stopped :)

i dont have any preasure down below, it so hard to explain lol

it like a dull ache across the lower part of my tummy, where period ache would be and a bit achy at the lower part of my back.

its just such an odd feeling, if i had tightenings or preasure down below i would think oh its braxton hicks or baby engaging etc etc but its just the ache, not even very painful, can be a little on and off but nothing i would think 'oh hold on a min could this be the start of it'

keep an eye on it and time when it comes and hwo long it lasts! I'd ring up ante-natal and just explain to them, then that way your mind will be put at rest and you'll know what they are. they might even bring u down to check baby and you, because of how far on you are! x

i get this sometimes too, like a really dull ache like you get just before af comes. I think im too early for bubs to be engaging, so doubt its that. I get no tightenings with it, just a constant ache right where you get period pains. x

keep an eye on it and time when it comes and hwo long it lasts! I'd ring up ante-natal and just explain to them, then that way your mind will be put at rest and you'll know what they are. they might even bring u down to check baby and you, because of how far on you are! x

thanks hun

i'll see how it goes over the next 24 hours as i just went to go to the corner shop, literally 2 doors down and decided against it, THE SNOW IS BACK and its heavy. If they say to go in there is no way i would get there as everything grounds to a hault round here and the other day when i tried to get a cab to the supermarket they where refusing to pick up anyone on my road (very steep hill).

I'm sure its nothing to worry about, was more curious as to what causes it than worried about it lol

I've been getting these every night when I get into bed. Dunno what it is though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->