The early arrival of our little Zachary Isaiah

happyladybugg

Reaction score
It all started at a routine dr appt a day before I was going to be 37 weeks pregnant (Feb 19th). I told the dr I had been having intense braxton hicks for the past couple weeks, I was experiencing sharp pains and pressure and I thought I possibly had what was my bloddy show eariler that morning (it indeed was the beginning of my show) The dr then asked me if I would like to be checked to see if I'm dilated at all, I of course wanted to know so he checked and turned out I was already 3 cm dilated!! I couldnt believe it!! I'm not sure if the exam got things started a bit quicker but by that night I was having pains I hadn't felt before and they seemed to have a certain pattern to them almost. I went to bed with not much thought except that labor must be right around the corner but probably at least a few days away still...I woke up Saturday morning feeling off and used the restroom only to find a huge bloody clump of mucus in my underwear and from the minute I saw that I freaked out!! I tried to take a bath but the pain and pressure was just too much even in the bath...I got out of the bath and woke DH up and told him I think something was happening we probably should go to the hospital. Well after making arrangements for my daughter to be cared for we grabbed all our stuff and headed out the door. Arrived at the hospital got all hooked up to watch my contractions, was given a huge cup of ice water to drink within 20 minutes and was checked by the dr to see how dilated I was...Still only 3 cm and my contractions were still too irregular. I was told I could stay for 3 hours to see if my cervix changed at all...Well it didn't and we were sent home. I was crushed... not only because of the pain I was in and how was I going to cope with this?? But also because I thought I knew my body well enough to know something was happening (which it was!!) So we picked my daughter up and got some lunch (most painful, uncomfortable lunch of my life and we were in public so it was really hard to act like nothing was wrong) We got home, I managed to take a hour long nap. I woke up to contractions more painful than before, I tried to pretend they werent there but that was not going to work...They ended up just getting stronger and more frequent as more time passed. At about 8pm I called my dad and asked him if he wouldnt mind picking my daughter up and keeping her the rest of the weekend, he said I'll be there in an hour...by the time dad got here I was doubled over in pain and had a husband looking at me with such a lost, helpless, bewildered look he didnt know what to do anymore. My dad tried giving me a lower back massage which wasn't doing a darn thing for me...bless his heart but his massage was more annoying than helpful and I am not one to turn down a massage ever!!! My dad then started timing my contractions for me...They were ranging anywhere from 3 min apart to 9 min apart still very irregular but the strength, length and intensity of my contractions were insane!!! Well dad left with my daughter and I decide to try to get some sleep this was at about 11 pm...When your able to fall asleep for 6 min only to be woken up by the worst pain you have ever felt in your life I think anyone would then realize ok enough is enough!!! I went downstairs and called the hospital again and was told to come back. Woke my poor hubby up and off we went!! This time I was thinking it just wouldnt be right if they sent me home in this much pain...How would I get through the night? So I get there, get hooked up and have a feeling this time I'm not going anywhere until I have a baby in my arms and I was right!! The nurse (total sweetheart...loved her!) gave me an hour on the contractions moniter and said I'm 3 to 4 cm and if I make it to a full 4 in an hour I'm staying. An hour later 4cm it is and she gets out the IV bag and after 5 sticks they finally got the IV in and I got a shot in my arm of nubain (great stuff!!!) fell asleep for a couple hours with some pretty wacky dreams and oh so pain free!! At about 7am I was woken up by a new nurse (another awesome nurse couldnt have asked for better) told me the doctor wanted to get things moving just a bit as at that point I was 5 cm so got hooked up with an epidural...was beautiful...couldnt feel a thing. Started a very low dose of pitocin and I'm not kidding you before I knew it the nurse told me I was 9 cm and ready to push so there you have it...Pushed a couple times and the head was right there so she called in the dr and bam with a couple more pushes my precious Zachary entered this world at 11:21 am on Feb 21st a whole 3 weeks early weighing 7lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long!! (all this time my sweet hubby is trying to give me ice chips that I kept refusing and holding my hand) I look up at my hubby and he has the biggest tears welling up in his eyes, I have really never seen him cry it was such a magical unforgettable moment for both of us!! No tears, no episiotomy no nothing!!! I hate to say it but I almost feel like a stork came and dropped my baby off at my front door.

Here he is!!
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/patemchris/Lotsofpics135.jpg
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/patemchris/ZacharyIsaiah-1.jpg

he's beautiful. congratulations :D

oh thats lovely...im thinking of maybe using an epidural this time...so that was a grt help to me.your baby is beautiful.congrats
xxx

Yay! Congratulations Ladybugg! And welcome Zachary. He's so cute! x x x

I was reading birth stories this morning to try to get some encouragement and I found yours! Such a wonderful birth story and so happy for you and DH! :hugs: XOXOXOXO

Congratulations long lost friend!
xxxxxxxxx
He is absolutely beautiful. Looks so peaceful!
:hugs:

Congratulations hun, he is gorgeous!

Love the name, its my fave boys name too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"