The Ectopic Thread

bklove

We got married 4/07
Reaction score
Ok, I just found out I have an ectopic pregnancy yesterday and was given the Methotrexate shot. I've been really curious about peoples experiences as this is my first time dealing with both scenarios. I have m/c 3x's before, so this has in no way been an easy journey for me, but I do plan to continue the journey. I'm curious as to what the effects of the drug was, when AF came, how long you waited to ttc, how ttc went etc. I know i'm not the only one out there, so I hope we can get some good info going. Thanks so much, and :hugs: to you all.

Just thought I'd share this site. Great information on ectopic's treatment, what to expect, the future etc.

BK Love I just wanted to say im so sorry for you. I only just read this and didnt want to go wothout sending you some love. xxx

Hey hunny, Im so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had an ectopic last year, but my tube ruptured so had to be removed.
My AF came exactly 4 weeks after the op and continued with regular 30 day cycles (previous 28days)
We planned on ttc after Christmas which would have been 4ish months, but got a surprise :bfp: On new years eve x

Im so sorry you have had to go through an ectopic pregnancy :(

I also had an ectopic 20th Jan this year and i had to have my right tube removed due to near rupture.

It does take longer to get the HCG numbers down with the meth shot as its all done gradually.. and its 3 months to TTC with 1 shot and if you have 2 shots its 6 months before you can TTC due to the chemical thats used to break the pregnancy down.

There is light at the end of the tunnel tho I just 4 weeeks after surgery got a BFP and am currently 12 weeks pregnant.

just take your time huni, and if you have any more questions try the Ectopic pregnancy trust they are SUPERB on there and have so much info!

xxx:hugs:

wow, great to hear about the bfp after the surgery. Do you think surgery was a better option than the shot?

hi bk ive had 3 ectopics one in 2005 then 2 within 3 months of each other in 2008 the last one resulted in my left fallopian tube being removed i never conceived again until 5 weeks 6 days ago when we got a positive test result but sadly i found out yesterday morning im misscarrying our little angel im absolutely devastated but we arent giving up yet im so sorry to hear about your loss i know its the hardest thing anyone can go through i wish you all the luck and happiness for the future hun take care xxxx

mrs_roli, wow, thanks for sharing your story and i'm so sorry to hear about the m/c. They do say once you've had an ectopic the chances do increase of having another one which is what i'm concerned about. I love to hear your determination though, you definitly need it with this journey sometimes. :hugs: again and please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

hello i am sorry to hear bout your ectopic i had mine last september i was very unlucky i had my right tube removed and where my lil one was so big it has damaged part of the surrounding organs and i had part of my bowel removed as lo had fused herself to it!
i have not much info on the meth shot but i am sending you lots of hugs take care love
:hug::hug::hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your mcs and ectopic.

I had an ectopic in September 2007 after I acidentally fell pregnant too soon after a D&C for a mc. The ectopic was pretty big by the time they discovered it and had to be removed by surgery. They thought they'd saved my tube but it ended up having to be removed the following April anyway as it got blocked with infection.

My AF came pretty quickly after the ectopic surgery if I remember correctly, but it took a while after the surgery to remove the tube and wasn't regular for a couple of months however I fell pregnant in the August after the tube removal and my baby is coming next week.

Good luck to you :hugs:

It seems like one benefit to the surgery is your AF can come quicker. I also wonder if it also decreases your chances of an ectopic if the tube was removed? granted if it was damaged prior?

Hi there. I am not sure about af coming that much quicker- I was 6 weeks. I am hoping that in removing my tube it might rule that option out again, however there was nothing said about it being damaged beforehand...I am having a follow up tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. I would say the major ad of the shot is the recovery. I was physically out of the game for a good month, and 7 weeks on I am still not 100%. Horses for courses I say!

Yea, I guess either way I wish this madness on no one. I had to get another shot today as the hcg levels has not declined but had the nerve to go up.

wow, great to hear about the bfp after the surgery. Do you think surgery was a better option than the shot?

Yes but thats because they said my other tube was healthy..

with meth sometimes fragments 'can' be left behind (not all the time) and that alone can cause future problems, my take on it was, if the problem tube is gone, then there will be less chance of a repeat EP.

I know lots of women who have had the meth shot and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies within 18 months and less...

there is always hope x

Hi all I had to have surgery 16 days ago due to ectopic, they took my left tube out as they said if they saved it chances of ectopic would be greater. I have healed quite well but I am still upset even though the pregnacy was always going to be non viable. It is lovely to read that people have gone on to fall pregnant. I think this is my biggest fear. I know I am not much help but I feel like you can understand what I have gone through. Everyone else tries to but they don't quite grasp it

Hi all I had to have surgery 16 days ago due to ectopic, they took my left tube out as they said if they saved it chances of ectopic would be greater. I have healed quite well but I am still upset even though the pregnacy was always going to be non viable. It is lovely to read that people have gone on to fall pregnant. I think this is my biggest fear. I know I am not much help but I feel like you can understand what I have gone through. Everyone else tries to but they don't quite grasp it

Hi hon, I'm in the same boat as you except my ectopic was 9 months ago. I have one healthy tube left... at least it looked healthy when they checked it during surgery to remove my left one. I feel I am only now starting to feel happier, although I desprately want to get pregnant again soon and me and hubby are trying our best! My due date has come and gone and I still get a little sad when i think I should have a baby by now.. We will get there one day though and it will be worth it!

Much love and :hug:to anyone who has suffered losses through ectopic or otherwise. Now we all know what it's like to have our hearts ripped out and torn into a thousand pieces!

melanie82 & buffy :hugs: it is difficult but like melanie82 said the other girls who have gone on do give us hope. Buffy are you guys ttc? I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long, but I haven't even reached that road yet, still working through the ectopic.

Melanie82 how are you doing physically now? I've had some pain set in, and its not nice at all. Its not the worse pain ever, but not cool. It seems i'm starting to feel the physical effects to the shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->