The fast arrival of Dylan Jack

flubdub

Reaction score
Well, on 18th Jan, I was having lots of BH's, but that was nothing out of the ordinary for me. I got them quite frequently anyway, and they were usually very strong, however, these ones started to hurt a little throughout the day, but I really didnt think anything of them as they were barely there, and nothing new.
Late afternoon, they got a little stronger, but still didnt think anything of it, and when my OH came home from work that night (around half 4) they totally stopped! So when the kids were in bed, I got on my exercise ball as I did most nights, and still nothing - so I blamed my OH for them stopping, and off I went to bed :D
At 12.00, OH came to bed, and I woke up in quite a bit of pain, but thought it was just another BH so tried to go back to sleep. I couldnt sleep as the pains started coming every 5 minutes or so, so at 12.30 I got up, came downstairs with a duvet and pillow, and thought I would try and sleep sitting up on the sofa, as lying down seemed to make them worse. I still wasnt sure I was in labour, especially as the labours with my other two were two days long!!
I started using a contraction timer online, and between 12.30 and 3.30am contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, lasting 50 seconds long and didnt get any worse until about 3am! I even posted on here at that stupid time and people were wishing me luck :D
I couldnt keep off the toilet (nice) because I kept thinking I needed to poo :roll: but looking back I think it was the pressure of the baby.
I rang the hosptial and they told me I should really be there by now, but their beds were full, and they wanted me to go to Kendal hospital, which is about an hour away from our house! Whereas the hospital I wanted to use (Lancaster) is just 20 minutes.
I woke my OH up, crying, in pain on the bedroom floor lol and told him to get up, I couldnt cope anymore and that I wanted Lancaster hosptial, not Kendal :( :(
Anyway, after going to the loo (again) I said I didnt think we would make it to Kendal hospital anyway, and I rang Lancaster to tell them so. They said it was fine, there were two spare rooms now, and they had rung a MW to come in for me - phew!!
So off we set to the hospital (me - convinced they would send me home!) and we got there at half 4 am. The MW checked me (after asking me how longI'd been having contractions for etc) and told me I was 7cm!! I couldnt believe it. She said there was no time for the pethedine I wanted, and as soon as she gave me the gas and air, I said I needed to push. She had a quick look and told me it was my waters bulging out :shock: and I had to try and breathe through the urge to push. Easier said than done!
Anyway, my body couldnt not push, and a couple of minutes later, my waters broke, and his head was there immediately - and they urge to push was even stronger. So I pushed him out in 4 minutes and there he was!! I couldnt stop shaking because it was only ten minutes since the MW said I was 7cm, so I thought I had a little longer to go and we had only been at the hospital for 30 minutes before he was born!!
The injection for the placenta to come out makes me very sick, so I had a physiological third stage, which was much better!! It took an hour for the placenta to come out though and the MW was on the verge of giving me the injection because she said they only allow up to an hour for the placenta to come away. Luckily I didnt need to have it.
He weighted 8lb 6.5oz - but we were prepared for him to be a little fatty. He is much bigger than my other two were.
He has a full head of dark hair - totally different from my other two, but looks so much like his dad.
Breastfeeding is going ok. He actually put on 2oz at his first weigh in, and the MW said BF babies almost always lose weight, so we must be doing something right!! He now weighs 9lb 1oz at 14 days old.
So;
1st stage of labour: 4 and a half hours
2nd stage: 4 minutes
3rd stage: 1hr 2 mins

:happydance: :happydance:

Can't believe they wanted you to go to Kendal! Sounds like you'd have given birth on the motorway! Congratulations again and glad bf is going well :) A house full of men!

well done and congratulations xx

congratulations, i need to stop reading about these quick labours, i am getting jealous! maybe it is a 3rd baby thing, fingers crossed :) enjoy your 3 boys

Wow well done you! Can't believe you managed to 7cms with no pain relief goog going! Xx

well done you, sounds like you did a fantastic job!! huge congratulations xx

Congrats - so glad you are doing well.

Well done! That certainly was a speedy labour! Congratulations! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back