The FlyLady Thread!

Wow, this whole FlyLady thing sounds like just what I need!

I'm used to living in one bedroom flats or shared houses, and now I live with my Gran I'm solely responsible to keep her three bedroom house clean and I find it so overwhelming!

As soon as I get my laptop back I'm joining up :thumbup:

I have read the first few babysteps and I'm starting tonight with a 15 minute declutter in my room and shining the kitchen sink :D Thanks for this MrsSwaffer, it's just perfect! :flower:

;) That's okay everdreaming! :haha:

As for me, I have been working a lot (today was day 6 of 7), so I haven't had time to come here and update! But, I have been sticking with my shiny sink and swishing/swiping in the mornings. :D I haven't been able to keep up with the missions set on the FlyLady website though. :( Maybe I'll do some of them over the weekend. :)

The missions look pretty scary to me :blush: I'm too busy panicking that I need to do a crisis clean before I can get started on doing things on a daily basis :dohh: because I really have let the house slip into a not-so-clean state :blush:

Maybe do the 60-minute home blessing tomorrow instead of Monday? I always do it on Fridays. :)

Done so far today

Dressed to shoes (okay flip flops today instead of my heels)
Reloaded laundry
Empty dishwasher
In the process of reading my emails

To Do
Finish decluttering bathroom upstairs (DONE)
Clean sink and bath (loo got done yesterday) (DONE)
Do todays Mission (bathroom is tiny so not so hard hehehe) (DONE)
Do todays mission for downstairs loo
Put laundry away (DONE)
Move baking things from one cupboard to the new one (DONE)
5 minute room rescue in kitchen (work in progress recently) (DONE)

TO DO - 21st November

Get dressed to shoes (DONE)
Make bed (DONE)
Empty dishwasher (DONE)
Reload washing (DONE)
5 minute room rescue (front room)(DONE)
2 minute hot spot
15 minutes declutter
Zone 4 Mission 1
Daily Focus

It is truely amazing what you can get done in bursts of 15 minutes

Happy Monday, everyone!! :hugs:

I'm off to work later, but not to work - to watch a surgical procedure in theatre! YAY! :happydance:

My 21/11/11 List

Done
Get up and dressed
Teeth
Swish and swipe
Make-up and hair
Make bed

To Do
Sort out laundry
Wash up
Make lunch
Work to work for 12pm
Watch procedure
Walk home
Load of washing on
Tumble dry
Dinner
Wash and dry dishes/Shine sink
Clear hot spots
Clothes out for tomorrow
Face
Teeth
Bed

Zone 4
15 minutes of de-cluttering

Ooo what procedure are you going to be watching, find it stupidly fascinating since I did an access course in biology and spent a fair amount of time cutting things up

Oooh, I'm seeing a Da Vinci RALP procedure.

RALP = Robotic Assisted Laparascopic Prostatectomy. :) A man will be having his prostate taken out by a robot controlled by the consultant urologist. Exciting!!

That sounds really interesting, let us know how it went...I'm all excited for you hehe

I'll come back later and let you know. :) I'm a nurse on a urology ward, so I always look after these patients before and after the surgery, but I never see the actual surgery, so it's a great opportunity. :D

Wow that sounds awesome!! Let us know what it's like!!

I shined my sink.. and it still looks like absolute sh*t. That's the problem with living in a house that hasn't been updated since my gran bought it 40 years ago, everything is old and crappy. We even have the original toilet cistern on the wall above and next to the toilet :dohh: No chance of getting that to look clean! Feels like I haven't achieved anything :nope:

Hey Everdreaming, what type of sink is it, I know the sink I have soesnt do too well or look much good with the FlyLady type of shining, as for the cistern....is it a white one? If it is it may do well for some bleach, or if you don't want to use that Bircarb and lemon juice works quite well.

I understand the "pain" over the sink I have a very annoying brushed effect sink and it just looks crappy, but I clean it with Cif Anti Bac and then shine the taps as they actually can look shiny

I have a stainless steel sink, so it always looks good after a shine. I use the Cif Stainless Steel spray, and I love the smell of it too. :)

Well, the RALP went very well! I went to see the patient beforehand, to ask if it was okay to watch the procedure, and he said yes (good job too, going in on my day off!). After he'd been anaesthetised, I arrived in the theatre and I was there for about 3 hours, watching it all on a screen while a robot was doing all the work on the patient next to me (controlled by the urologist). The urologist let me look through the control panel too, and it was all 3D and HD. He said it felt like he was inside the pelvis, doing everything (cutting, cauterising, etc); it was so cool. :) So, today, one man is minus one prostate - and the good thing is, he will probably go home from hospital today!! That's one of the major benefits of this new surgery.

Anyway, after being all geeky about a robot, here is my FlyLady stuff!

My 21/11/11 List

Done
Get up
Make bed
Get dressed
Teeth
Swish and swipe
Sort out laundry
Load of washing on
Wash up

To Do
Make-up and hair
Tumble dry
Run errands
Lunch
Dinner
Wash and dry dishes/Shine sink
Clear hot spots
Clothes out for tomorrow
Face
Teeth
Bed

Zone 4
15 minutes of de-cluttering
Tuesday's Mission

Can you tell I'm having a lazy day? :p

That sounds really cool and glad all went to plan. So today Babystep 12

To do list

Get up and dressed (DONE)
Dishwasher (DONE)
Laundry (DONE)
Babystep Day 12 - delete emails (DONE)
15 minute declutter
Zone 4 Mission (DONE)
Hotspot
5 minute room rescue (DONE)
Clothes for tomorrow
Shine sink
Bed

Also hoping for a lazy'ish day as LO's were a pain in the rear last night and I am pretty much dead on my feet, so

I think the sink is stainless steel but a million years old. The cistern might once have been white but painted green and now just truly disgusting... I'll take some photos tonight, maybe you ladies can help me figure out what to do!

The main problem is the entire house just needs replacing. There's no way to make 20 year old wall paper on the bathroom ceiling look nice... just wait until you see the pictures!

Does sound like you have a task and a half on your hands, stick up the photos and we can have a see if we can come up with some solutions. Will probably be some hard work but probably worth it in the end.

Oh and :hugs: just because you arent seeing results straight away doesnt mean anything, the fact you are trying is the point. Just don't give up, don't get overwhealmed (so easy to have happen) we are here for each other.

If you want extra hgelp etc feel free to pm me always open for a chat and to help, especially as up until now I have been the worlds worst housewife :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->