The FlyLady Thread!

mrsswaffer

Mum of 3
Reaction score
(Also posted in Waiting to Try)

I actually love this website, and have dipped in and out of it for a few years now. It's cheesy and American, but I love how organised it makes you, and helps you control your housework.

If you don't know what it is, check out the website - https://www.flylady.net/ - it's a website that helps you organise your housework and home in small chunks. You start with BabySteps, and then get into a routine with your home, which is split into zones. It's got a really good philosophy, in my opinion. :D

If you use FlyLady already, or are interested in starting, this thread could serve as a sort of support group for everyone, and we can keep each other motivated etc. :) I'd definitely be up for this, since I've tried to stick to the routines and missions etc a few times, and have always slipped back into leaving my flat in a mess!! It's difficult, because I work full-time, but it can be done, and I'm going to do it!

Let me know if you're interested, girls!! :hugs:

Ive looked at it but yeh to implement it lol :) It does seem like a good strategy tho :D

I might start this! All the arguments me and OH have is because I'm not "doing enough housework" lol!

I used to follow this alot a few years ago. It works really well and is adaptable to pretty much all situations I'd say.
I still use zoning strategies but have found now I'm on top of it all I dont need to just do one zone/room a day.

Things I love are: shining the sink (sad but works) hotspot cleaning and the chuck out so many item thingy.

Ohhh... used your link, they've updated all the website since I last was on it.

Yeah, it has changed since I was last on it too. The website seems to be more organised, which made me want to start it up again. :D I'm going to do my home blessing after I've got dressed/dried my hair. Yay!

Thanks for the link, something that seriously needs doing in this house.....mucho CHAOS around here:blush:

I think anyone with a baby or toddler can relate Kittenkat, i feel like im fighting a never ending battle round here. At least im not the only one!! :)

Woohoo! Well done. :D I'm off to start my dusting. *flies off*

My 11/11/11 list

Feather dust ✔
- Hallway ✔
- Lounge ✔
- Kitchen ✔
- Bathroom ✔
- Study ✔
- Bedroom ✔

Dust surfaces
Tidy up
Wash up
Clean kitchen
Clean bathroom
Vacuum
Mission
Daily Focus

I love FlyLady!!! we FLY ........ or at least we are trying too get back into the swing of it :)

If you girls don't mind I will move this thread over too the groups/discussions section after lunch, as a 'support group' it is more suited there, I will a redirection in place so others can follow it :)

I just used soda stuff I brought for cooking, didn't realise you could clean with it lol

I love FlyLady!!! we FLY ........ or at least we are trying too get back into the swing of it :)

If you girls don't mind I will move this thread over too the groups/discussions section after lunch, as a 'support group' it is more suited there, I will a redirection in place so others can follow it :)

Brill, thank you. :D

Also just shined my sink, well as much as this council supplied brushed steel crud will allow....but oddly I feel great. Just raved about this to the OH who seemed impressed....also confused as hell but he gets like that when I am remotely enthusiastic about something.

Now to do some more reading on the site and write some letters I need to do before the end of the day

I won't be telling OH because he thinks I dot stick to anything for longer then a day lol so I will stick a week then tell him

Just updating my list!

My 11/11/11 list

Feather dust ✔
- Hallway ✔
- Lounge ✔
- Kitchen ✔
- Bathroom ✔
- Study ✔
- Bedroom ✔

Dust surfaces ✔
- Lounge ✔
- Bedroom ✔
- Study ✔

Tidy up ✔
- Hallway ✔
- Lounge ✔
- Bedroom ✔
- Study ✔

Wash up
Clean kitchen
Clean bathroom
Vacuum
Mission
Daily Focus

I can be like that too, but I am determined because doing it this way with Baby Steps I am not going to get overwealmed which I normally am like, my utility room has a life of its own and I swear is breeding clean washing quicker than....well a very randy fertile creature....I almost fear going in and sorting it out.

Though that will be made easier when youngest moves into her sisters room for naps as all clothes storage is in our room with her

I only iron if I really really really really have to, only recently gotten an ironing board because some of our things need it sometimes, doesnt come out all that often

Haha! I only iron my uniform for work (I'm a nurse). :D

Just updating on my progress today...

My 11/11/11 list

Feather dust ✔
- Hallway ✔
- Lounge ✔
- Kitchen ✔
- Bathroom ✔
- Study ✔
- Bedroom ✔

Dust surfaces ✔
- Lounge ✔