The Fox Attack Twins

Didn't even know there was a programme on about it tbh.
I probably will now just out of curiosity though :thumbup:.
x

I'll record it I think and watch it later when Grace is in bed

im watching..

im sorry but i still think they were quite irresponsible as parents. They live in hackney, its busy and theyve seen foxes in their gardens before. Why would they leave their door open :( They're wild animals :shrug:

Also, the doors are HUGE and open completely (it looks like the outside wall is missing) so no wonder the fox went in.

I don't think I'd have left doors like that open either xx

I absolutely do not think you can blame the parents on this .. so what they have to keep all their windows and doors shut constantly :\ That is absurd .. you cant even say 'leave a window slightly ajar' because a fox could easily prize it open even more.

That night there would have been thousands of households with windows and patio doors open, thousands.

the pictures of the girls are so sad :(

Poor foxes really. What do people expect when we build on what was their land? :(

I absolutely do not think you can blame the parents on this .. so what they have to keep all their windows and doors shut constantly :\ That is absurd .. you cant even say 'leave a window slightly ajar' because a fox could easily prize it open even more.

That night there would have been thousands of households with windows and patio doors open, thousands.

But did you see the 'doors'? They were just like normal doors, they were sliding doors and took up the whole wall. To the fox it would have looked just like an extension to the garden.

The babies scars are bad :( early days I suppose, I hope they get better still.

I dont think they were irresponsible, it's just one of those things you think will never happen to you. Would you really think a fox would get in the house, past you and up 2 flights of stairs without you realising, I dont think I would. Human error :shrug:

Some of the things said on these websites and comments on newspaper articles are disgusting

Well, I think it is especially as the mother openly said she had seen foxes in her garden lots :\

But did you see the 'doors'? They were just like normal doors, they were sliding doors and took up the whole wall. To the fox it would have looked just like an extension to the garden.

The babies scars are bad :( early days I suppose, I hope they get better still.

I know they where big, the parents probably kick themselves everyday looking back thinking why did we do that .. seems so obvious now .. but it is such a freak accident you really wouldnt expect it.

It's just really sad the poor girls.

Saw this article this morning about the hate campaign towards this couple. Its shocking what people can be like when they dont even know the facts....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-attack-family-needing-police-protection.html

I know a lot of people doubted the story at first (inc me) but their story is believable.
Urban foxes have manifested into assertive hunters and very territorial not to be trusted
it was unfortunate that this family had to be the first to experience this.
A lot of its due to naive kind hearted old ladies feeding them and encouraging them into their gardens. They forget that they are still wild animals, but it lets the fox believe they are in control and become more daring as opposed to their rather timid country cousins who would just scoot away if you even went near one. Thats my opinion anyway. :)

^^I read that this morning, it was digusting waht those people did/said. Clearly dont have a clue! x

hindsight is an amazing thing BUT these children nor their parents deserved to go through such a thing, one of their babies was in intensive care and dreadfully ill. How can you still blame them :shrug:? i dont get it if this happened to all these animal rights protesters would they still be happy? would they think oh well it was only my baby girls? i dont think so! all i can say is i hope their all so knowledgeable to never let a freak accident happen to them.

No one said they deserved it :shrug: All I said was that it was irresponsible. A person could get into their house, not just a fox. I'm not blaming them for the fox attacking either, they cant control what a wild animal does.

I do think it is a very dangerous and silly thing to leave doors open like that - especially where they live - but I was crying with that poor woman last night.

We all do silly things from time to time, lapses in judgement, etc - how horrific to have that happen to your babies in their own cots. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Poor little girls. I hope their scars heal.

I don't think anyone or thing should be blamed here. It was not the foxes fault, nor the parent's. Sure the parent's were irresponsible in leaving doors like that wide open, knowing foxes visited their garden before. As Blah11 said, it's not only that a wild animal could have gotten in, but another person with a not too kind motive could have been there instead of the fox.

However, people shouldn't blame the fox. They are territorial and we are taking away their land. They have became more assertive and are willing to travel into cities and housing areas to survive. It's their nature and we caused them to do this.

I just feel so sorry for the little girls :( I hope their scars fade with time.

... slightly O/T but this reminds me of the boy who got attacked by a fox at nursery. It's the same principle. The nursery was built on top of a fox's den! Again, not the animals fault, nor te direct result of the nursery staff, it was irresponsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->