The Good Points...

~ Vicky ~

<3 Proud Mummy <3
Reaction score
Okay, since today seems to be the day every one is on a huge downer, I thought i'd lighten the mood a little.

Surely, there are some good points to being a single mummy? Deep down I know there are some for all of us, so come on, lets name them!

For me ;

1 - I have my own independence back - something I didn't have much of in my relationship

2 - Most of the big 'important' decisions to make ie. names are my call so no arguments and I get my way everytime.

3 - I will be the one to witness all the firsts - smile, laugh, steps, words etc

4 - I won't have to 'share' my baby as much (which is selfish but we all want to be the sole protector)

5 - Apart from the minority of jerks, i'm getting huge respect for doing this on my own

6 - It will always be me my baby comes to for comfort.

they are good points which i didn't think of. i also i think being a single mum, like many other negative things, can be a blessing in disguise..a huge motivator for wanting to work hard so you can give your child everything (don't have to rely on OH)

I'm the only person in the world who can pick up on every single signal he gives, and know exactly what he wants. x

1. I can talk whomever I like without being interrogated
2. I get to pick the names!
3. I get the bed allllllllllllll to myself and can hog all the blankets without anyone complaining
4. I won't have anyone fighting me on if the baby should play with guns/video games...we had very different parenting ideals
5. I can go get whatever I want for lunch without having to have a 1/2 hour debate on where to go
6. I no longer have the "what do you want to do tonight?" "I don't know, what do you want to do tonight?" conversation
7. I can flirt with whoever I please and can't get in trouble

I'm the only person in the world who can pick up on every single signal he gives, and know exactly what he wants. x
Aww that's a good one!

Love yours Rae, especially about the bed and flirting :laugh2:

Another one.. for now I can think of myself first for a change, rather than think 'Oh Gav won't like that.. '

Oh God I can think tons!

Actually it doesn't bother me being a single mom.

Love Rae's reasons...

Not being in a commited relationshipn is a huge plus for me!
Flirting!
Being in control (I like not having to justify to anybody)
No disagreements about things and then compromising to something I don't like.
Hugs and kisses for myself (selfish :lol:)
Being her biggest support.
Just me and her!
I'll be the person closest to her,knowing every single little thing about her,me and her sharing a bond that nobody ever will.

Of course there are little worries but all in all,I'm satisfied!:D

The best point is that you all did not stick in a loveless, controlling, physically abusive relationship. The other best point is your child, irregardless if their father is around or not, will know what a healthy, loving relationship is.

It's far better to teach a child love when not in an unhealthy environment.

The other best point is that you are now giving yourself that chance to meet your true love!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->