• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The great British class calculator on bbc website

we come up as elite but i personally debt think the questions are thats great. x

New affluent worker
Seems to be the middle one I can live with that

I'm elite but I live at home so that's probably why lol!

I came up as elite which is bizarre since we don't even own our own house (nor even a car) and it said 97% of these own their own home! But then again maybe it's because, since we haven't yet put our savings towards a house so we appear to have a lot in the bank? Also I hardly entered any of the social thingys since I rarely go out since having kids. But we do go to museums etc quite a bit since we live in London and they are child friendly and free and often have loads of kiddie stuff on. If you lived in the country it probably wouldn't be very convenient to go to the theatre or museum, whereas for us we just pop on a tube or bus.

According to that, I'm a n Elite. Which one would presume means one should be turning one's nose up at all you commoners and be expecting an invitation for cucumber sandwiches with the queen.

Where as I'm actually in bed watching Geordie Shore re runs with Creme Eggs and tea. 'Tis a hard life for us Elite.

Established middle class apparently!

I'm a pauper too smileyfaces!

Strange because I've always been teased for being 'posh' because of my accent. I read the different categories and I think I'd put myself in emergent service worker.

Strange because I've always been teased for being 'posh' because of my accent. I read the different categories and I think I'd put myself in emergent service worker.

I still dont understand how I got put in the bottom class haha! Both me and OH work and have done since we were 16...only time Ive not worked is for both of my maternity leaves :dohh:

I still dont understand how I got put in the bottom class haha! Both me and OH work and have done since we were 16...only time Ive not worked is for both of my maternity leaves :dohh:

I put that I knew a solicitor and an accountant, I was sure I would get some brownie points for that! X

Precariat :dohh::lol:

Might mention it to my boss.. she if she'll raise my wage a bit and pop me in a higher category. It's tough here on the bottom rung :haha:

I put that I knew a solicitor and an accountant, I was sure I would get some brownie points for that! X

I put that I know a scientist, apparently I'm no less of a pauper for it :lol:

It must be because I dont enjoy fine art and listen to Jazz :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"