the help

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
Has anyone read this book? I read it a while back and I am re-reading it now, can't wait to go see the film! Was out during the summer in North America and my mom said it was well worth going to see! So hard to believe this sort of thing went on in our world 50 years ago!!

ETA: the film is now out in the UK, going on wednesday with my orange wednesdays :)

I just read it about two weeks ago, I thought it was great! I haven't watched the movie yet, it isn't playing anymore here but I am so excited for it to come out on DVD.

its the story of maids working for white families in Mississippi during the civil rights movement, they raise the children, do all housework and cook all meals for rich white families yet have their own toilets out in the back garden because they carry "diseases"
one white girl who has been raised by a maid secretly interviews the maids about their lives and what it is like and tries to get it published to a book

I've started reading it and love it so far!! Can't wait to see the movie!!

I haven't read the book but i watched the film about a month ago and thought it was great! :)

I fell in love with the book, read it in all of 4 days. :haha: I can't wait for it to come out of DVD or On Demand so I can see it. I can't justify paying $8 for a movie ticket anymore. :(

That sounds good, will have to look out for it xx

i heard about it ages ago :/ was convinced it wasn't going to come out in the uk and downloaded it! (naughty i know) but i really wanted to see it.. so obviously wont be going. BUT i will buy the book :) haven't read it yet x

Not seen the film yet, read the book while I was pregnant and thought it was brilliant. Really want to see the film though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->