The Human Centipede 2 banned, don't like it, then don't watch it

Hmm, i'm not sure. I don't like the idea of kids being able to watch it, which they easily could do. Sounds like some of the stuff in it could mess a child's mind up for quite some time... I know its no comparison lol but when I was about 9 I watched an episode of Jonathan Creek with my mum and it involved a serial killer strangling various women and suffocating someone and the way it was done was just really eerie and it haunted me for ages! I can't imagine how I'd have been if I'd seen something like this :wacko:

Ted Bundy wasn't bad at all IMO.

And if HC2 has references to raping a newborn baby, I think its pretty self-explanatory why its banned, thats just beyond sick

Ted Bundy raped and beat over 200 women one of the victims being a 9year old girl and in the film you may not have been able to see it but you could hear and it was awful. So I don't see the difference and the fact also that was a true story

Oh... I can't have been watching properly then :haha: It was a long time ago and I was very tired and/or drunk. My brother has a weird obsession with serial killers and in particular Ted Bundy, not sure why..... :wacko:

Two words spring to mind. Publicity Stunt. Two more? Reverse Psychology. The more fuss that gets made about the potential banning of this film, the more people are going to want to see it.
It's a natural instinct to go against something you're not meant to and if this film is not meant to be seen for whatever reason, then people are going to find a way to watch it. They can't really stop people even with a ban, because I, for eg, watch all the movies I want to see online. So it'll be no different when this one comes out. People will see it.

Same as when they banned clock work orange, more people watched that because of the ban then where ever interested in it beforhand.
Also Natural born killers, that film would have just been another forgotten film if it wasnt for its ban, It certainly made me want to watch it :) if it wasnt for the ban I probably never would have heard of it.

Still havnt watched the first its not realy my taste, hubby keeps trying to get me to watch it just to see the look on my face but he says the 2nd one is so much worse with some realy nasty scenes involving masterbating with sand paper and barb wire.
And he wonders why its not realy my cup of tea :)

i was just coming to say about I spit on your grave remake, it was awful and made me feel horrible , I kept going to turn it off but wanted to see her revenge!

I haven't read up on HC2 yet but will do, I was quite looking forward to seeing this one too!

Does it say anywhere their reasons for banning it?

BBFC report........

Contains massive spoilers !

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/newsreleases/2011/06/bbfc-rejects-the-human-centipede-ii-full-sequence/

TBH, I don't see the difference in this film (spoilers I've read) and I spit on your grave remake.

It was degrading and brutal.

this quote from the above report could well have been written about it too.........

"There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. "

TBH, I don't see the difference in this film (spoilers I've read) and I spit on your grave remake.

It was degrading and brutal.

this quote from the above report could well have been written about it too.........

"There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. "

Spot on completely agree with you, I spit on your grave, Last house on the left, and sooo many more that were and are just as sick and disturbing

but HC isn't horror...it's just sick :-S
someone has to be rather sick to think of this sorta thing

I prefer more thriller horrors than gore horrors. Gorefests just make me feel :sick: rather than getting the jumpy scared feeling.

but HC isn't horror...it's just sick :-S
someone has to be rather sick to think of this sorta thing

But the fact its so sick, it does make it a horror, something so scary. You could say this about so mnay movies but this is what makes them fall into the catergory of horror not just the scare factor the gore aswel. The guy who made this thought of it as a good way of torturing peodophiles apparantly!

censorship imo, is totally wrong. whatever happened to artistic expression? and yes, no matter the content of a film, the creator IS an artist.

I watched the first HC and thought they could have done with a LOT more gore in there. I was sorely disappointed. :(

I agree with the OP, if you don't want to see it, don't watch it!! If a film has an 18 rating and is obviously a horror, if you aren't into horror, google the synopsis!! It's not hard. Fair enough the BBFC are there to put an appropriate age rating on films, but don't just BAN a film!!! Put a warning on it if you need to, but to ban it is just plain ignorance and stupidity.

I WILL get my hands on a copy of this film, even if I have to order it from The Netherlands.

OT, but The Last House on the Left and I spit on your grave were acceptable remakes... I was ESPECIALLY pleased with I spit on your grave... some of the most inventive death scenes I've seen in a movie!

I hope its not as rubbish as the first one ... it was crap!! I spent most of the time laughing, esp when the dude said he needed a poo haha :rofl:

I couldn't stomach the trailer of the first one so I doubt I'll be able to watch this :sick:

I know they didn't actually show anything too gory, its just the actual idea of it thats making my stomach turn. :nope:

I don't think it should be banned though, those with an interest should be allowed to see it if its their thing.

Those kinds of films aren't for everyone, but the title says it all. No one would go into that without knowing what it was about..Thats why I think it should be allowed :flow:

One of the things that pisses me off when I say I'm wanting to see a film such as this, is when people think I'm sick or something. "Errr...how can you watch it, you're sick."

No, I'm not sick, being sick would be
doing exactly what the person in HC2 does and whacks off to the original and then decides to make his own centipede person thing and proceeds to mutilate and harm other people

If I watch a film with rape, murder or whatever in it, this doesn't mean I am sitting there getting my rocks off to it and am writing down tips. I watch the movie, then once it's over, I generally never watch it again and move on with my life and cross it off my "To watch" list.
I watch the film because if it has a storyline such as "I Spit On Your Grave" where there is a chance for revenge, I am wanting to see the experience she went through to the point where she decides to take revenge and follows it through.

Even if you don't know whether there is the chance for revenge, you watch the film in the hope that there will be a chance for revenge and also, I sit there screaming at the TV saying "I would have done this....or that...etc"

Just don't really understand how it makes me sick because I sit through films that don't always contain sweetness and butterflies and actually contain harder hitting stuff. :shrug:

Oh...this wasn't aimed at anyone here, just people I know in general lol!

One of the things that pisses me off when I say I'm wanting to see a film such as this, is when people think I'm sick or something. "Errr...how can you watch it, you're sick."

No, I'm not sick, being sick would be
doing exactly what the person in HC2 does and whacks off to the original and then decides to make his own centipede person thing and proceeds to mutilate and harm other people

If I watch a film with rape, murder or whatever in it, this doesn't mean I am sitting there getting my rocks off to it and am writing down tips. I watch the movie, then once it's over, I generally never watch it again and move on with my life and cross it off my "To watch" list.
I watch the film because if it has a storyline such as "I Spit On Your Grave" where there is a chance for revenge, I am wanting to see the experience she went through to the point where she decides to take revenge and follows it through.

Even if you don't know whether there is the chance for revenge, you watch the film in the hope that there will be a chance for revenge and also, I sit there screaming at the TV saying "I would have done this....or that...etc"

Just don't really understand how it makes me sick because I sit through films that don't always contain sweetness and butterflies and actually contain harder hitting stuff. :shrug:

Oh...this wasn't aimed at anyone here, just people I know in general lol!

Well said, I enjoy horror movis, the more scarier and the gourier the better but thats me, I consider myself normal and not about to reinact any horror films

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->