The Implant

Frankie

Reaction score
Anyone WTT and currently have the implant in?

How long APPROX do you reckon itl be before you fall pregnant? Trying to estimate when to have mine removed :happydance:

How long APPROX do you reckon itl be before you fall pregnant? Trying to estimate when to have mine removed :happydance:

My friend got pregnant approx 5 months after having hers removed - her GP warned at the time not to be suprised if it took closer to a year though for things to settle down x

Hi Frankie

In exactly the same position as you. Trying to figure out when to get the implant removed. We want to start TTC in May/June so I don't know when to get it removed. I posted on the TTC forum to see if anybody was any the wiser. It seems really variable, some people said they got pregnant really quickly like within a couple of cycles but quite a few had early m/c. One lady mentioned that the implant thins the lining of the uterus and can make embryo implantation less secure. The website says that 95% of women ovulate within 3 months of removal.

I'm going to get mine removed this month and use condoms until we are ready to ttc. I don't want to risk not leaving enough time to start ovulating again or having an inhospitable womb!

How soon do you plan to start ttc?

Hi Frankie

In exactly the same position as you. Trying to figure out when to get the implant removed. We want to start TTC in May/June so I don't know when to get it removed. I posted on the TTC forum to see if anybody was any the wiser. It seems really variable, some people said they got pregnant really quickly like within a couple of cycles but quite a few had early m/c. One lady mentioned that the implant thins the lining of the uterus and can make embryo implantation less secure. The website says that 95% of women ovulate within 3 months of removal.

I'm going to get mine removed this month and use condoms until we are ready to ttc. I don't want to risk not leaving enough time to start ovulating again or having an inhospitable womb!

How soon do you plan to start ttc?

Took me 4 cycles to get pregnant after the implant was removed. I got my 1st period about 2 weeks after it was out.

Hello

I currently have the implant in, but I had it before and had it removed in 2008, after having it in for 2 years. The next month I got my BFP! You're really fertile after its removed and its not uncommon for falling pregnant straight away.

I'm not sure if it will take that quick this time, but I won't be suprised.

I conceived the day after mine was removed! So far, so good. I'm 11 weeks pregnant today, scan on friday, fingers crossed for a perfect outcome! Confirming your dates can be tricky tho if you didn't have regular cycles on the implant, that's why they recommend having it out and waiting for you regular cycles to return before trying.

Hi

I had my Implanon removed last Tues. Currently sporting a very sore arm! Removal was much worse than insertion. She couldn't find grab hold of it so was routing around in there for ages!

It should've come out on in June and we'll be TTC from Aug. I decided to have it out a little early to let my cycle settle down properly. For about the past year I've had quite regular periods but they were all over the place before then so thought for dates, it'd be best to have a free artifical-hormone-free months!

x

I conceived the day after mine was removed! So far, so good. I'm 11 weeks pregnant today, scan on friday, fingers crossed for a perfect outcome! Confirming your dates can be tricky tho if you didn't have regular cycles on the implant, that's why they recommend having it out and waiting for you regular cycles to return before trying.

Defo true with the dates. I was able to tell her my last period but my dating scan said that I was due on the 1st August instead of the 7th, bt they wouldn't change it because it was a 7 day difference. You're better of not telling them when you had your last period.:wacko:
I gave birth in the end on the 6th and trust me he looked so ready to come out. lol

My friend got pregnant approx 5 months after having hers removed - her GP warned at the time not to be suprised if it took closer to a year though for things to settle down x

Really?!? Sorry to gatecrash I tend to have a nose round every section on this forum lol

It's just I had my implant out over a year and am still TTC, no pregnancies.
I got told that my fertility would return straight to normal!! :growlmad:

x x x

Really?!? Sorry to gatecrash I tend to have a nose round every section on this forum lol

x x x

Sry to hear that still didn't had a :bfp:, I think every body is different and needs a certain amount of time.
My GP told me it could take months until I would get a period again, but I guess I must have been lucky.
How long did you had the implant? Maybe it makes a difference how long you got the implant in, cause the hormon level in the implant becomes less and less towards the end of the 3 yrs. I had mine the full 3 yrs in each time (I had two) and actually went a month over with my last one.

Hope it happens for you soon. x

I had it for the full three years too.
It might not even be the implant but atm it's the only thing I can think of for causing it O:)

Aw thanks bab :flow:

It might not even be the implant but atm it's the only thing I can think of for causing it O:)

I would get it checked out if you're concerned hun. x:flower:

x x x

I have checked with my friend this evening and that is definitely what the doctor said to her, but she only had her impant in for 18 months and that may well make a difference x

Just made my appointment to have mine removed next Monday. I've had 2 so I haven't ovulated in 6 years (although I was on the pill for 4 years before the implant). My ovaries have been comatose for so long that my body probably doesn't even remember what they are for! I hope they wake up soon....

Just made my appointment to have mine removed next Monday. I've had 2 so I haven't ovulated in 6 years (although I was on the pill for 4 years before the implant). My ovaries have been comatose for so long that my body probably doesn't even remember what they are for! I hope they wake up soon....

I had 2 implants as well, and was on the pill before that for about 3 yrs....my ovaries woke up pretty quickly. Like I said 2wks later I had a period (which hurt really really bad - prepare yourself hun :hugs:) and 4 cycles later I was pregnant!
Good luck. :flower:

Hi everyone.
I'v got an appointment tomorrow to have my implant out. I haven't had it in a year yet so hopefully I will got a bfp really soon! I won't be having it out tomorrow but they will make me another appointment. I carnt wait to have it out and get trying.

Has anyone else had theirs in less than a year when they had it removed?
Nikileigh xx

Hi everyone.
I'v got an appointment tomorrow to have my implant out. I haven't had it in a year yet so hopefully I will got a bfp really soon! I won't be having it out tomorrow but they will make me another appointment. I carnt wait to have it out and get trying.

Has anyone else had theirs in less than a year when they had it removed?
Nikileigh xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"