The Lonely mama

MamaRosie

Reaction score
So im in quite the dilemma.
let me explain in a short version. I wasn't feeling right in my home town, moved a couple provinces over, got into partying and met my friends that way. Than i met my amazing boyfriend, all the sudden a year past and than i'm pregnant. I had lots of friends id see every weekend or week days at party's that would go on, but once i became pregnant everyone i knew drifted away from me, but i get it.. i'm young and so are they and they just want to live there lives and I was never close to anyone because i haven't been around long enough to have a close friendship like i did at home (also i have no family here and my boyfriend's family only speak french so i'm not close to them either). I'm so sad and lonely, i'm home day after day alone waiting for my boyfriend to get off work or to get back from hanging out with friends sitting on Facebook trying to invite people over who just don't seem to have the time for me... I try so hard to make friends but no one sticks, we will talk for a few days and make plans but than ill never get a message back. I don't even have friends to throw me a baby shower, not one person has even though to ask me and even if i threw my own baby shower who would i even invite that would actually come. What should i do? i Cant just pack up and leave to go home, my boyfriend and i have a home here and his whole life is here as well. I am 31 weeks and i feel like my baby and Netflix are my true best friends. Has this ever happen to anyone... i'm so desperate to have friends that its all my statuses are about "anyone want to come over" "anyone want to see a movie... its on me" "Anyone want to have a girls night, junk food and netflix!!" and i NEVER EVER get a replay. Please someone give me advice.. I'm so tried of being alone every day, there has to be something i can do to change this, am i doing something wrong... I'm starting to feel depressed and i don't want to go down that road

Ps. I do have family and friends who are there to support me, just none of them live close to me at all :( and I never have enough money to get a plane or bus home for a visit.

Hey there....my situation isn't quite the same but results in the same feelings of loneliness sometimes!
We moved to another country with my husbands job a few years back and due to a language barrier/cultural differences it's not easy to make local friends. All the expats are like us on temporary contracts so when u do make friends they end up moving on!
On the major plus side.....having a baby will introduce me (you too I'm sure!) to a whole new set of people that we will have something in common with! I'm planning on joining baby groups of some sort and have already joined a Facebook group in this country who arrange meet ups etc!

Like you say it's natural that your young friends may have drifted a little and it's just circumstance! Maybe start looking at the things/groups you will be able to do with baby so you have something to look forward to! If you come up with any other ideas, feel free to share them with me!

Good luck with everything x:flower:

I agree with pp. having a baby opens up a whole new social scene with playgroups and baby classes. I started taking DS to playgroups from 2 weeks old. He slept and I met loads of mums as they were all cooing over the brand new baby. I don't see any of my friends from before I had him as they are on different schedules to me and I knew them mostly through work which I gave up. We also have a website here with a meet a mum board where you can put a notice up saying you want to meet local mums or mums to be, maybe there's something similar where you are?

Yep I agree with what p&p says, baby groups and classes are amazing, even to go to aquanatal at your local swimming pool while your still pregnant is a start. We have a baby group locally which u used to take my ds to, now he's 16 months we go to toddler group, he loves interacting with the other children and I get to have a chat with other mums xxx

Sorry you feel this way :(
I am going to agree with previous posters. Take full advantage of pregnancy groups and baby groups some of my best friends I met at baby groups! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->