The million dollar question...

Eidson23

Reaction score
Who better to ask then a bunch of pregnant women?! My beautiful wife is 6w2d (almost 3d) pregnant with our baby. Granted, I have carried a baby before, my almost 8 year old son from a previous relationship. It was so long ago, and I was kind of really miserable just because of my situation, I don't think anything could have made me feel better.

Since about 5 weeks, my wife has had a pretty serious loss of energy. Also, as of about 4 days or so ago, she's started getting long waves of MS. She's usually very active, whether it's cleaning the house (she's OCD), or working out, or organizing things, or something. Now, she's very tired all the time, and has been too sick to work out. She worked out one day through feeling sick thinking it would make her feel better, and she almost puked on the floor, and she actually felt worse. She's active duty military, so they've put her on a desk job basically for the remainder of her pregnancy since her job requires working in extreme conditions.

I'd really love to do something to help her feel better. She tells me she feels fat and useless. Despite working nights and being tired all the time myself, I've started doing more around the house for her. I bought her a huge supply of saltines, oyster crackers, goldfish and ginger ale. I don't know what else to do. I know hormones are pretty off the wall right now, but even as a female who has been pregnant before, I'm stumped! If your OH could surprise or do something for you, what would you want it to be? :flower:

Exactly what you're doing. Helping around the house more. Cooking. Ensuring she gets plenty of rest!

Or run her a hot bath. With candles and relaxing bubble bath, buy her a new duvet cover (nothin in better than new fresh sheets) early night and watch a couple movies

Pretty much what you've just said, and don't even mention what's not been done, just do it. My dh makes a right meal out of doing whatever which makes me feel sad and guilty.
I'd have loved being cooked for and snacks provided so I didn't have to think about what to eat.
I also can't stand constantly being asked if I'm ok etc, 1 how are you feeling is fine but then I get annoyed after that.
A bath run and early nights would also be lovely - wish we had a bath.
Pregnancy fatigue is awful, I'm still getting waves of it now :( xx

I personally would like him to just hug me and tell me he loves me and that everything will be fine! Or that if it isn't he will take care of me.... Maybe my requirements are different because of 2 recent miscarriages, I think I need more emotional support than physical...that being said I wouldn't mind him picking up the vacuum!!!

I'm finding the only thing that helps with the MS is mints. Maybe get her a bag of them? Honestly when you're feeling shitty nothing helps. Some people don't deal well with being pregnant even when you've tried for if. I'm one of these people. Just be there, don't force her to get up and do anything and certainly don't make comments about how it'll get better. It doesn't feel like it's going to get better.

I have a countdown on my phone about how many days till 2nd tri. Basically how many more days do I have to survive this feeling terrible until I might find the light at the end of the tunnel.

It sounds like you're doing great! I can't stand the kitchen or any mention of food so dh unfortunately has to do all the cooking, shopping and keeping the kitchen in order. He also brings me teas and tolerates all my complaints. That's what I need most.
Hmmm. A foot massage would be nice, though :D

:hugs: you are so thoughtful!
I love when my DH makes the one thing I can eat...pbandj sandwiches which he makes for me in the morning. Looking after our son so I can nap, cleaning around the house, etc.
I love to stay active to...the only thing I can manage are walks with our son and I love when my DH comes with me.

:hugs: I'm sure she appreciates everything you're doing! It's so hard to see people you love suffering!

Just carry on helping around the home. I agree about the duvet and early night post, too.

My husband is pretty good to me. :) He makes me dinner every day. He brings me things to help my nausea. He doesn't expect me to do more than what I feel capable of doing. He cleaned the house this weekend. And all of those things are huge. He might not be able to make my nausea go away, but not putting pressure on me helps a lot.

I don't know if there is anything he could surprise me with. Maybe take my son to the playground one evening so I can just have a few hours of quiet. That would be nice. :) Just a few quiet hours. Not that I want them both out of the house. Maybe he could find someone to watch our son. I love him to death, but I really don't get quiet time.

Let her rest as much as possible. If she is vomiting many times a day, call the doctor and have her evaluated for HG so she can get on medication to help her. Encourage fluids more than food. Keep smells in the house to a minimum as much as possible. Be supportive and loving. These are the best things people can do for me.

I think you're doing great. Unfortunately it's miserable whatever is going on around you so making life easier for her is all you can really do. Hope the yucky stage passes quickly for her.

Oh and my OH says to me he really appreciates me for carrying our baby, it reminds me that when I think I've done nothing all day I have actually been doing something very productive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->