The Month you Conceived?....

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
How did you feel mentally? Did you have a feeling in your mind you had conceived or where you completely surprised when the test was positive?!

I don't mean symptoms wise just how did you feel in your head?

I think we are approaching the end or have approached the end of the fertile period, we have dtd 3 times in the fertile week so a good amount i guess, i did have a really good feeling during this time like this month could be our month but now as i wait 2 weeks to see our fate i feel a bit less optimistic, I'm not sure why though?!

Maybe as i know we can't do anything now but wait? or i don't want to get to exited just in case?

With my first child i was in denial i was pregnant (not planned)
My second i knew from about a week before my period as had symptoms.
My third the month before we conceived i had lots of symptoms and thought it was our month and it wasn't but the following i didn't think it was our month had no symptoms and got my positive.

Not sure what is going on?! congrats to you all ladies hope to be joining you all VERY soon. xx

I conceived over xmas holidays ;) It was the first cycle we both pretty much gave up as we had been trying for over a year and tired of all the negative tests. The day I found out I had a few symptoms over the past week, but didnt pay much attention to them as ive had them before and still gotten a negative. Then came the day I was 4 days late for af and really felt like it was supposed to be here but absolutely no sign of it. I had been late before, but since we dtd during the holidays and implantation happened just as i was back to work there was no reason why i would be late. So the next day at 5 days late i took the test. I was in utter shock as the positive showed up even before the dye went 3/4 across the screen. I was fully expecting yet another negative like the many cycles before. The only thing we did during that cycle is know when i was fertile and didnt think of baby making and i stayed completely away from the boards. Then wham i was preggers. I still cant believe that it finally worked out.

Wow, I'm guessing the month you conceived you still tracked ovulation and tried to dtd on the right days? I don't know how you do it for a year, it must have been so hard for you.

I don't know why i now feel a bit unsure to a couple of days ago?

I've been pregnant six times (only one live birth) and half those times I just "knew" and half the time I believed I was out x

Yeah i tracked my cycle days as i had already knew which days are my fertile time from all the other cycles. Yeah it was hard trying for all that time. Im glad i gave up and was completely relaxed as it paid off :)

With ds we were ttc for 2 years and finally go the go ahead for clomid, we only DTD once that month and got our gorgeous little boy (found out Xmas morning) 😊
With this one, we had just had our wedding in June and decided to wait until ds would be 1. (He was 10 months at the wedding) I counted my cycle days and it was day 21 so decided to not use anything because I thought i ovulated on day 18 and bam, pregnant. All natural pregnamcy. And I'm due in 12 days 😊 didn't have the symptoms with this one like I did with ds so didn't suspect a thing xxx good luck xxx

I thought I was out as had fewer symptoms than most tww. But I did have in the back of my mind that something was different.

I don't think it's unusual to feel less optimistic during the tww. With having so little control, you can feel great about the possibility of it happening, but the tww it leaves you wondering if you dtd on the right days, did you really ovulate, did the sperm find the egg, is it going to attach, etc?

With DD, I conceived in November 2012. We just got married (she was either a wedding night baby or 3 days later baby - my calc says 3 days later bbt, scan said wedding night). There was a lot of stress leading up to the wedding. Aside from all the last minute wedding stuff, our cat was really sick (passed out and fell from the window just the day before). I think it was the stress of him being so sick those few weeks that actually delayed my ovulation to make pregnancy possible after the wedding.

Once the wedding was over with and our cat seemed to be doing better, I was a lot more relaxed in genera. TTC was a spur of the moment decision. The wedding night we agreed not to use anything, but anything after that wasn't discussed until the following day. I "knew" my ovulation date based on bbt, so I felt some what optimistic, but as I calculated day of ovulation (not realizing it could have been delayed from the stress) and realized how long my LP was going to be based on when I was supposed to start my period (LP would have been 9 days and everything I read meant that pregnancy was unlikely). Got our bfp at 13 DPO.

This one we conceived last December. By accident. Bad timing as I had just started a nursing program in Sept and not due to graduate until Aug 2016. A year too early (we were planning ttc around Jan 2016). I was stressed most of the month because finals were coming up. Turns out we conceived early morning of my last final (which I was very relaxed for and did awesome on :laugh2:). I had no idea that our birth control failed, but early January I realized something was off and was shocked to get a bfp.

How did you feel mentally? Did you have a feeling in your mind you had conceived or where you completely surprised when the test was positive?!

I don't mean symptoms wise just how did you feel in your head?

I think we are approaching the end or have approached the end of the fertile period, we have dtd 3 times in the fertile week so a good amount i guess, i did have a really good feeling during this time like this month could be our month but now as i wait 2 weeks to see our fate i feel a bit less optimistic, I'm not sure why though?!

Maybe as i know we can't do anything now but wait? or i don't want to get to exited just in case?

With my first child i was in denial i was pregnant (not planned)
My second i knew from about a week before my period as had symptoms.
My third the month before we conceived i had lots of symptoms and thought it was our month and it wasn't but the following i didn't think it was our month had no symptoms and got my positive.

Not sure what is going on?! congrats to you all ladies hope to be joining you all VERY soon. xx

I thought I was for sure out the month I conceived and was shocked when I got my BFP. I believe I was being pessimist because I was let down time and time again!

The cycle we conceived I had pretty much given up! I did opks but they were positive for TEN days in a row which has never happened to me before. So I kind of just got frustrated and gave up. I was completely shocked when I got my bfp! It was lucky cycle #13 for us. Good luck!

I had an idea I might be, and tested 5 days before af was even due! It came up positive straight away!

Hi 1st time was after 2 yrs of trying and had given up that month as due to see fertility doc. Had period like cramping so thought I was out then realised cd28ish my boobs were sore 3 days later-was so convinced I was out-I got bfp. Next 3 bfp were after using cbfm and dtd on every high and peak day wirh preseed. 2nd time I knew from the day of conception-it was the anniversary of our 1st mc and I was just absolutely certain it would work. 3rd time I had suspicions from 9 dpo and gave in and tested at 12dpo. Was sure it had worked that time but not as certain as before. This time I only got highs on my cbfm so was completely sure I was out. I was taking tampons with me every loo break! Then realised I was late! Keeping fx this is the one.

I think I was more expectant this cycle than the previous two. The first one I thought was unlikely because it was the first month trying, the second cycle I had a horrid virus which lasted almost a month. This cycle (I got my BFP yesterday) felt right for some reason. I also had a few symptoms that I couldn't put down to my usual PMS symptoms-a strange taste in my mouth and a really vivid pregnancy dream being the main ones.

ah willow you have as much chance the first month than any other month, happens to lots of people congrats.

ah willow you have as much chance the first month than any other month, happens to lots of people congrats.

Thanks! Yeah, I think it was because we caught first cycle with LO. I thought there was no way we were going to be that lucky again!

My first was first cycle, My second and third were second.
Tbh i think it may have happened the first month with second but i wasn't as clued up on ovulation as i am now lol so maybe wasn't doing it at the best times.

I'd been tracking my cycle days and my ovulation using OPK's for the last quarter of last year just to get a feel for them. My DH and I had a delayed honeymoon planned for February and were going to start trying in earnest when we got back in March, but decided there was no point in using contraception, we would just see what happened.

I was convinced it would take us a long time (first baby at 34) so I wasn't really thinking about pregnancy during the 2WW. I had a few symptoms the week before my BFP (stuffy nose, totally off alcohol, loads of saliva in my mouth which only really clicked afterwards) but I was still incredibly surprised when I got my BFP.

I was completely surprised by my bfp in March. DH and I started trying back in last October. I was starting to lose my mind with the temping and tracking and stress, and we decided we didn't want a baby near Christmas, so we decided to take the whole month of March off. We wanted the time to just relax, and then we were going to regroup and start fertility testing when we came back in April, just to be sure.

A couple days before my period was due, my nipples started going crazy. They'd pop up at the most inappropriate times, and they were sore and tingly. I wrote it off because DH and I had recently tried some...uhhh...experimenting on them in the bedroom, and I figured it was just a result of that.

They kept going crazy until the day AF was due. DH and I make wine, and we were trying to decide what day to start our next batch when DH said "Well why don't we wait to make sure you aren't pregnant before we start this batch. We don't want to start it and then find out you can't drink it." I wanted to start this batch right away, so I said I'd go down and test right now to prove it since there is no way I could be pregnant. Well, that's when I got my bfp! I couldn't believe it. I ended up taking 8 tests, all positive, within 24 hours and got a doctor confirmation a day after that, and that's when I finally started to believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->