The most awful day - positive outcome

Pink1981

Reaction score
I had my second GD appointment at the hospital today. It was to find out whether or not I would go in insulin. It's a 30 min journey on the bus and as I got on I felt a gush, I wasn't sure if I had wet myself or was bleeding but thought i would check as soon as I got to the hospital. Well when I stood up to get off the bus I felt like my insides were falling out. I luckily had a pad on and rushed to the maternity block. When I got in the toilet I had passed 2 thumb sized clots and what seemed like a lot of blood. I panicked and pressed the emergency bell and they were lovely and calmed me down and sorted everything out. A midwife took me off to check my blood sugar readings and kept saying I know this isn't your top priority at the moment. I couldn't stop shaking. They rang the EPAU who couldn't see me until 3 ( it was 12 by this point!)
In the meantime I was desperately trying to contact my husband but couldn't get through, I ended up texting my bf to see if she could get hold of him.
Then the consultant came out and asked how I was and I said I wasn't looking forward to a 3 hour wait... She said I'll sort it and went off and called EPAU again who said they would see me straight away.. Phew
Had finally got through to dh and he was on his way, a 20 min drive and he got there just as they called me in for the scan although he decided not to come in (I didn't mind, I know he can't handle it) I went in and they could only see a sac with the external scan (i feared the worst) so I agreed to an internal... After what seemed like the longest wait the sonographer turned the screen to show me my little baby waving away with a beautiful heartbeat :cloud9: she couldnt measure properly as I have a steeply retroverted uterus but she guestimated at 11 weeks 4 days. I honestly can't believe everything's ok after what felt like such a big loss.
I then saw the diabetic midwife and I am now on insulin 4 times a day.

Sorry for such a long post :flower:

So glad all is ok! That definitely sounds scary!!

Oh my goodness that would be so terrifying! I'm glad it turned out for the good!! Good luck with baby!

Glad all is well and you got to see your little one!

Glad all is well-what a day for you! We're you a type 2 before pregnancy? On any meds during this trimester?

Glad all is well-what a day for you! We're you a type 2 before pregnancy? On any meds during this trimester?

They think I may have been, I was borderline in 2012. I got put on insulin yesterday xx

So glad all is well! Did they figure out the cause of the bleeding?

Hope you can get some rest <3

AWww such a lovely positive outcome, congratulations Hun xx

The reassurance if the scan is all fine now and I can't find the heartbeat on the doppler. PAL is so scary. It's going to be a long 8 days until my next scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->