THE most horrific stomach ache for 42 hours now :-(

Luuluu

Reaction score
OMG, my stomach is like under my boobs and is ABSOLUTE agony. I ate my Xmas dinner and puked it all straight back up. I ate some bread and puked that up too. It's like my stomach is so incredibly squashed under my boobs that NO food may enter. It's agony. So tonight having got totally fed up with the pain, I phoned the labour ward and went in for a check up.
As i suspected, they confirmed that the pain and sickness is because my stomach as totally pushed so high there's no room whatsoever for anything.
Their advice was to eat little and often and take some gaviscon. It's still absolute agony right now and I am starving!!! :growlmad:
Oh well, it's all worth it in the end....
Anyone else suffering or got any helpful tips?
xxxx

I don't have it as bad as you seem to have it, so can't offer any advice on your particular case. I do relate to your stomach being pushed up higher than it should be though, and how that can interfere with meals. Think the lady had it right and best about eating several smaller meals throughout the day really. I found that to help me anyway..I'm not used to eating smaller meals so it takes some conscious effort as I can easily just not eat for a long time and wait til lunch or dinner, and then be ravenous. I'm working on that though. Hope yours subsides!

I had something exactly like this about 3 days ago, was an absolute nightmare. It didn't last for 2 days though. I thought it was a terrible contraction but then it was all over my stomach, especially on my upper stomach. Finally, I threw up my dinner and it felt better. The doctor told me that it was a combination of acidity and an stomach upset. Like you, I feel like I have less room on my upper tummy. I am only 21 weeks, so I can imagine what 25 weeks will be like!

I suppose the best way to handle it would be to divide your meals like I do, eat lightly before dinner, and most importantly, get plenty of exercise, like walking, which I do every evening for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I also chew a lot of gum, because the doctor said the salivation reduces acidity.

Hang in there, I know how awful it can be, especially now that our appetites are increasing. Hopefully it will settle down soon.

Thank you girls, some really helpful tips there.
Still have it as bad today except now it comes in huge waves. I hope it doesn't last for the next 12 weeks....
xxx

i don't have that problem but i know how it feels to be hungry and uncomfy :( I have diabetes and have to eat small meals and am ALWAYS hungry. But i did have this in prior pregnancies and they are right. Eat more often but smaller meals, you will get used to it in a day or so and you'll feel better. the girls are right ;)

This stomach ache is NOT shifting.:nope: It's awful. I've had it for 5 days now and am hardly able to move properly. I can't sleep either as everytime I turn over, it feels as if someone has punched me in my stomach. It just isn't lettin up!
Will it get worse or will it just stay until I'm due? Either way, I am gutted as it's so debilitating :cry:
x

I have it today too, incidentally. It keeps recurring and killing me. :( Did you ask your midwife about it?

I have it today too, incidentally. It keeps recurring and killing me. :( Did you ask your midwife about it?

Poor you - it's no fun is it! I haven't seen my midwife yet, not til mid Jan. Do you think I should call her?

Maybe, if it is really bothersome. My doctor told me it will come and go. Yep, it's no fun :( You feel like it will never end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->