The mum banned from fb?

Scottish mum

Reaction score
I've just had a news feed via email about a mum in the US who was banned from Facebook for putting a photo up of her daughter who's 5 I think pretending to breast feed her 2 year old!!

Mmm I think to be honest it's slightly in bad taste not because of the breast feeding bit but the fact that unfortunately there are a lot of unsavoury characters on line and I would not post such a picture. I don't post anything of my son at all actually but that not to say I disagree with other who do. What are your thoughts on this?

I wouldn't even believe it to be fair. There's so much crap on Facebook.

It was not on Facebook on some news! Google it! Bizzare !

Um... I googled it. And tbh, if i didn't know the underlying story, I'd of had NO clue it was 2 sisters "pretending to BF". I'm all for a mom BF her child wherever she see's fit (so it's nothing to do with that)- but I do think, in todays social media world, we also need to be careful of what we put on the internet and how it could be perceived... especially when it comes to our kids!

There's been quite a few things I've seen that have been banned from FB for the most ridiculous reasons. :nope: I don't think that picture should have been taken down, how about teaching anyone who thinks its pervy some BF awareness? If it had been the older sister giving a pretend bottle to her younger sister no one would've batted an eyelash.

There's another Mom who was banned for 7 days for posting a picture of her two daughters that mimics a vintage Coppertone ad.

And another series of photos that banned what Moms bodies look like after birth, because (again) some of the photos showed a bare baby bum.

I dunno. Seems so odd! Yes, I get it is the internet and you never know who's looking and doing what to your picture. :sick: But it is a personal beef of mine that women are constantly being told to cover up, act a certain way, don't make yourself a target when I feel that at times, the focus should be on the people who women are being told to protect themselves from.

So basically, alter your life because these sickkos can't be helped? Its infuriating to me.

While I have no issues with kids pretending to breastfeed at all, I personally would never have posted that photo because out of context it doesn't look like they're breastfeeding. I think Facebook were right to remove the picture to protect the girls. Whether the mum should have been banned is another matter and a bit overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->